SASS Wire Forum

Action Alert:

Charlie T Waite

I went to Congressman Mike Thompson's (D CA 5th) anti-civil rights planning session ...Townhall Meeting on Preventing Gun Violence yesterday.  The hate and ignorance of 99 44/100% of the attendees was palpable.  He did let slip that while scary black rifles make the news, most murders by firearm are done with pistols, hence his adamant push for "expanded background checks."  Unspoken was that it was only the first step.  He even used his police officer son as an example - if he wanted to give a gun to his LEO son, the son could show up at the gun store with him, get out of his patrol car - a car furnished with an AR and a shotgun - and go into the store wearing his sidearm, and still have to undergo the CA background check and waiting period.   No one commented on the stupidity that implies.  I had already had my very short say and couldn't make more comments.  

6 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I went to Congressman Mike Thompson's (D CA 5th) anti-civil rights planning session ...Townhall Meeting on Preventing Gun Violence yesterday.  The hate and ignorance of 99 44/100% of the attendees was palpable.  He did let slip that while scary black rifles make the news, most murders by firearm are done with pistols, hence his adamant push for "expanded background checks."  Unspoken was that it was only the first step.  He even used his police officer son as an example - if he wanted to give a gun to his LEO son, the son could show up at the gun store with him, get out of his patrol car - a car furnished with an AR and a shotgun - and go into the store wearing his sidearm, and still have to undergo the CA background check and waiting period.   No one commented on the stupidity that implies.  I had already had my very short say and couldn't make more comments.  

And CA has the lowest crime rate with a firearm in the US?  NOT!!!

Archived