SASS Wire Forum

WTS Argentine FN-49 *SOLD AND GONE*

Sgt. Saywut

***** SOLD PENDING FUNDS *****

The winnowing continues. Up for sale is a nice Argentine FN-49; here’s a write-up about the FN-49’s:

https://gundigest.com/more/classic-guns/collectors-love-the-fn-49-rifle

Of course, prices have risen since the article was written ;) The Argentine FN-49’s are a rare bird, with probably less than 3,000 examples in the US. Mine is marked ARA (so probably was issued to the Argentinean Marines) and the stock SN matches the receiver, bolt, and rear sight. Pictured is a S&K scope mount that replaces the rear sight and which contains 1” S&K rings. The scope is NOT part of the deal. The scope mount does not require any alterations of the rifle; it comes right off, and the factory rear sight assembly pops back into place.  The rear sight assembly will be re-installed and the scope mount and rings sent, along with two 20-round factory magazines. This rifle is in good shape with a nice bore with sharp rifling.

I took it to the range once in the time I’ve owned this rifle, to zero in the scope. The rear mount was too low, so I cut shims out of a Coke can to fit inside the ring, but I haven’t tried them. The forty rounds of milsurp 7.62 NATO I put through the rifle caused no issues, and the recoil was mild compared to a Garand.

I've attached some pics; I have a bunch more pics showing detail - PM with your email address if you’re serious about buying this rifle.

My price is $1250 ftf in Tulsa or nearby. I will ship the rifle, in a hard plastic CMP case in a cardboard box, for another $75 CONUS, FFL to FFL, but the deal is final so be sure you really want it.  No trades. PM with questions or offers, and thanks for looking.

0B4C0B7C-E5DC-4A3D-BF31-58C0F53148D5.jpeg

3A397D9D-F66F-4FBC-9C83-18BA72261EEC.jpeg

F1A5A81A-4485-4FE7-9BFA-D8741F137DE4.jpeg

58E8927A-DAE3-47EA-AC72-2A8B786A51DA.jpeg

EDE92863-41D7-429A-BC85-AD3CB4062ACD.jpeg

6704123D-443F-4483-93BD-AB5ED36F4C34.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Wild Willi said:

Is that a century arms import, I have one of those but mine is 8mm

Not sure.  There’s an electro-penciled line of writing on the underside of the barrel, but I can’t really make it out. This is one of the rifles rebarreled by the Argentineans for 7.62x51. 

Archived