SASS Wire Forum

Almost 30 years strong, still a great movie

I went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon and at the check-out line saw a DVD of Quigly Down Under for $4.99.

Soooo, Guess what I bought and watched last night? I still enjoy watching it, now I can anytime I want.

Flasback to 1990...

My wife and I rented Quigly when it first came out as a DVD. We sat down on the couch with our youngest, a 3-year old (who turned 30 just a few months back) and watched it.

After the movie the boy started crying. I asked "What's the matter why are you cryin?"

To which he replied, "I...I wanna...sniff...be Quigly."

I told him, "You can pretend to be Quigly."

His response was, "No I can't...you won't buy me a gun.":(

33 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I expected more movies like it.

Disappointed.

Best

CR

For a long time I was disappointed that a Quigley II wasn't made.  Then I realized that most sequels suck.  Quigley is just perfect as it is, no need to spoil the flavor with a bad sequel.  Well done, Mr. Selleck.

One of our club embers worked on the movie, it was either Crossfire Trail or Monte Walsh I can't remember which, with Selleck and said that he was a very nice person to work with, however, he was a stickler for accuracy on period correct guns.  In other words, don't bring out a '92 when the period they are depicting is 1875.

Now the Quigley theme music will be an earworm for the rest of the day for me.

I’ve had worse.B)

12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Now the Quigley theme music will be an earworm for the rest of the day for me.

I’ve had worse.B)

Basil Poledouris wrote some great soundtracks, including this one.  At about 5:00 we hear a hint of Quigley in there:

I listen to the Quigley CD in my car all the time as I love it.  I also love the sound track from The Hunt For Red October.

Archived