SASS Wire Forum

Clean Match Pins

Lightning Will, SASS#56934

The Pozo River Vigilance Committee (PRVC) is on the 32,000-acre Camatta Ranch and the ranch owner is also our Sheriff (Mountain Man Mark). One of his hobbies is collecting North American Bison, and they roam on the ranch. As a result, a bison head is central to our logo. Keeping the bison theme, our clean shooters - either guests or members - get a gold bison pin for each match they shoot clean. The bison is about 3/4" wide but here's a good photo of it. Clean shooters also become members of our "Dead Eye Gang" and get their name listed on our bulletin board along with images of the gold bison for each match they shoot clean.

...RR

Bison pin silo copy 1.jpg

3 of these 4 belong to my wife.

IMG_20180301_112143113~2.jpg

IMG_20180301_112045105~2.jpg

IMG_20180301_112030850~2.jpg

IMG_20180301_111953025~2.jpg

We do a buffalo pin just like Roger rapid posted.  But we call it the order of the buffalo and I don't really know why we use a buffalo.  If there are any at the range they are very very skittish.  We only hand that pin out for the annual shoot.  For monthlies we hand out a wooden nickle and if you get enough (5 probably) you get to shoot a monthly for free. 

Sorry no picture of the token from the monthlies, but I'm sure cheyenne ranger will be along shortly with a picture of one of the 500 he's earned since I knew him. 

What is this clean match you speak of??? LOL!!!  Haven't had one of those yet  :D:D

image.png.84484a5319d60a67adec2aa4b7276b1f.png

We give out two sided coins with a color enamel front.  They say five dollars on the back and we’ll take ‘em back at face value for match entry fees!  There’s a photo on our website.

https://sites.google.com/site/greenvillegunfighters/home

6 minutes ago, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

We give out two sided coins with a color enamel front.  They say five dollars on the back and we’ll take ‘em back at face value for match entry fees!  There’s a photo on our website.

https://sites.google.com/site/greenvillegunfighters/home

Great idea!

Hillbilly Drifter - fun idea!

RR

This is what we give at our monthy shoots. 12 years never got one. 

92134FC8-D3F7-4898-98E6-075769F32ABE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Y'all are shootin' too SLOW!  

Ifn I can’t see the target anyway. Why slow down. Shoot Black! Dang enemy targets can’t see you either. Kinda like popping smoke before engagement :)

Ive got a bar of soap for a clean match with Picacho Posse!  It even got a label pronouncing it as a clean match award:)

On March 4, 2018 at 1:53 PM, Jack Quail said:

How about a bar of soap?

On 3/4/2018 at 10:37 AM, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Ifn I can’t see the target anyway. Why slow down. Shoot Black! Dang enemy targets can’t see you either. Kinda like popping smoke before engagement :)

Whether shootin' the original powder, (which I have since my 2nd EOT in 1987),  or the heathen smokes-less,  you can't miss fast enough to win.  No need to physically see the targets... you just have be in touch with your inner zen... that will allow you to "see" the targets no matter how much they're obscured... ;)

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, Jack Quail said:

How about a bar of soap?

My wife got a roll of toilet paper from the nice folks at Possum Trot (before it closed) with Clean shooter written on it. 

Archived