SASS Wire Forum

Misty Moonshine SASS CEO.......walking the walk......

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

I'm not going to get into the details of the story. But I will say that Misty Moonshine our very own CEO of SASS called a Stage DQ on herself at Winter Range. I could not be more proud to have someone at the helm who backs up what she says and believes in with actions. Way to go Misty! 

4 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

In this day and age, that is a great thing!

In general Major, I agree with you. I have found cowboy action folk to be a different breed... more honest than your average person these days. Does not surprise me one bit that Misty did that. She's a class act all the way. 

:D

2 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

In general Major, I agree with you. I have found cowboy action folk to be a different breed... more honest than your average person these days. Does not surprise me one bit that Misty did that. She's a class act all the way. 

:D

Sure is! :D

I called a SDQ on myself also.  It's not a fun thing to do.  I was there with the pain MM experienced.

I had to reload my rifle and didn't catch that my hammer was cocked after I emptied the rifle and reloaded.  I walked out to stage with the cocked rifle, and when I put it down, I realized the hammer was cocked and called myself on the SDQ.  I was responsible.  At least one other shooter I know of also had a SDQ for a cocked rifle taken to the line.

HOWEVER, we were not utilizing a Loading Table Officer.  I'm not picking on the Posse Leader or any other Officer, but a Loading Table Officer should/could have caught my mistake and helped me out as well as making the stage safer.  If one is not there, then that's a layer of help/safety that's not available.  

As far as I could see, Loading Table officers at other posses were not being utilized.  I suggest either we either start enforcing the Loading Table Officer at the state,  regional and national competitions for safety reasons or eliminate it as a requirement.  If it's done at those levels, it will migrate down to the local levels.

Good people do the right thing.  Integrity knows no limits.  With the current, "It's not my fault, it is everyone else's fault" approach to life, it is very refreshing to have great leadership.

Misty has proven herself as a top notch CEO, cowboy shooter and all around class act.

I do not find it at all unusual that she would take the honorable path.

Respectfully

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Like I always say about being a big cog in the wheels she is certainly one of them.

Thanks Misty.

Jackrabbit Joe

Archived