SASS Wire Forum

Now, what will you do?

Marshal Dan Troop 70448

Being CAS and attending many out of state matches and some in Florida that require overnight stays. Last night I successfully changed reservation in many Hotels since those I had reservations had now voiced that they are breaking ties with the NRA.

Best Western and Wyndham are 2 that I had reservations with and will no longer use in CAS matches or travels overnight. I also explained when asked, why.

I also will no longer use Enterprise car rental which I had used when flying and rented a car at airport.

I might be just one, but will do my part.  MT

If we don't step up, they will win and grow.  By continuing to using these companies that have broken ties with the NRA, it also shows support of their agendas and in the end, we lose.

I'm with you Marshal,I will check the ones you mentioned off my list to never use again and  I will let them know why. Will be watching the NRA website for any other company that wants to cut ties with them (US!!!!). I heard yesterday that the Visa credit card will no longer offer their NRA brand on their card. There are over 5 million NRA members, if we stick together on this we can make an impact on those that intend to damage the NRA, without this organization we would be a the mercy of the anti gunners, time to stand up and be heard!!!  SCJ

Howdy,

The National Bank of  Omaha  (I think) has cut with NRA.

Note that this bank is involved in many local banks with local names.

I'm not sure if the ENTIRE Visa is involved.

I thought my bank was involved but no, not my main bank but the one

my Mom uses/used...whatever.

Local bank involvement may be a big deal or trivial.

Banks make money on money you leave in savings or ira.

They pay customers 2 percent and charge 22 percent.

A check account might not make them any money, even lose some??

Back the good guys when you can, keep the bad guys guessing.

Best

CR

First thing I will do is send some $ to the NRA and GOA.

:D

Delta pulled their association too bank of America was on the radio saying they were cutting all ties with anyone who makes semi auto rifles

A lot of these companies, pressured by consumers, forget that we members of the NRA and gun owners, are also consumers. If we unite we wil make a difference. But if we accept and continue as usual, we lose.  To many times I see more people backing gun control and ban on ARs, then except for a few, and the NRA, are silent.

I commend those that are making a committment. MT

Pressured by morons this NRA member is cutting ties with companies that cut ties with the NRA :FlagAm:

Here are some articles with lists of the companies that I will no longer deal with. And Thank You Marshal for letting us know about Wyndham. I recently joined the Wyndham Rewards program. I will be calling them to tell them to shove it. Best Western too

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/business/nra-companies-boycott.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/companies-cut-ties-nra-after-customer-backlash-n850686

This article cites some companies that haven't caved to pressure to cut from the NRA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/02/24/united-and-delta-cut-ties-to-nra-as-boycott-movement-spreads-to-global-corporations/?utm_term=.430ac2b3f8c0

Some other companies have, so far, not been moved by the boycott calls. FedEx, for example, still gives NRA Business Alliance members up to a 26 percent discount on shipping expenses. Google, Amazon, Apple, AT&T and Roku all stream an NRA-produced video channel despite pressure from gun-control groups.

So far the list of boycotters I will be boycotting are:

FNBO...as if

Hertz

Avis

Enterprise

Budget

MetLife

Delta Airlines - the biggest pig of an airlines that I wouldn't fly anyway

United Airlines 

Wyndham

Best Western...where I am also a member....but not for long.

I just thought of something.

These "boycott" idiots are obviously just fine with murdering psychos and inept public authorities. They must be if they blame an organization that had nothing to do with anything that happened. So, if they blame the NRA yet overlook the "authorities" not doing their job I want no parts of anything they do as they themselves must be inept and psychotic. 

It's free advertising for them and it only involves about 5 million NRA members. That's the chance they're taking it won't backfire!

I for one will not have anything to do with these companies and I told them so!

Send them emails or if you're on Twitter there's a huge "hash tag" movement against these morons!

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It's free advertising for them and it only involves about 5 million NRA members. That's the chance they're taking it won't backfire!

I for one will not have anything to do with these companies and I told them so!

Send them emails or if you're on Twitter there's a huge "hash tag" movement against these morons!

Never thought I would get a twitter account but I may just have to to let the IDIOTS know how I feel about them blaming the NRA :angry:

I have my list and calls are going out tomorrow along with emails and I am “unsubscribing” from all their emails.

Funny thing is I have been a loyal Best Western customer and just signed up with Wyndham. Also I was about to cancel my American Airlines Visa and maybe go with Delta, as much as I hate them, but PDX is a Delta hub. Oh well, I will be inconvenienced if I fly. I’d rather drive anyway...and it won’t be in a rental car. There are other hotels and motels too. F...uh, to hell with them all.

5 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Are there any auto rental companies that will still honor an NRA discount? 

I was just about to ask that same question! Where can we rent a car now??? 

5 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Are there any auto rental companies that will still honor an NRA discount? 

Call some of the local car dealerships - I have had luck renting from them in the past.  I think this will backfire on these companies, I have talked to and heard about a lot of people who are now becoming new NRA members because of all this.  I've been a member most of my life, and moved up my membership through the years.  Now thinking of doing it again from Patron to Benefactor.  The thing is I didn't become a member all those years ago for the discounts, although I have used them at times.

Charlie

20 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Call some of the local car dealerships - I have had luck renting from them in the past.  I think this will backfire on these companies, I have talked to and heard about a lot of people who are now becoming new NRA members because of all this.  I've been a member most of my life, and moved up my membership through the years.  Now thinking of doing it again from Patron to Benefactor.  The thing is I didn't become a member all those years ago for the discounts, although I have used them at times.

Charlie

That's not why I'm a member either.  I typically use a AAA discount anyway, but will start asking and using the NRA discount everywhere possible due to this stupidity. 

Remember in the movie Miracle on 34th Street when the post office delivered sacks and sacks of mail addressed to Santa Claus?  I've already started sending emails and posting on Facebook my feelings to these companies.  If enough of us do this, maybe they will get the message.  Anyway it makes me feel better knowing I'm voicing my opinion of their actions against the NRA.

Boycott these companies and call.docx

I saw that SimplySafe is on the list, I wonder if Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingraham and all the other talk show hosts that support the NRA are going to cut ties with SimplySafe? I emailed Rush and Laura already!

I didn’t join the NRA for it’s benefits or discounts. I never use the discounts, actually. The discounts are not the point in this for me. 

The point is that companies that bend to the idiocy of the PC just to garner points that will be forgotten in a week do not deserve my business.

I am taking my mission a step further today. I also signed up for TripAdvisor and recently gave a BW and a TravelLodge review for 2 hotels I stayed in. I am going back and revamping those reviews to say that “while the hotel was nice I can not recommend as they are part of a corporate network that cannot fulfill a contract and believes in stifling the rights of others just to make a buck. I am the NRA.”

How much you wanna bet TripAdvisor won’t allow it’s posting?

Just got off the phone talking to Life-lock. A very courteous young man answered.  (me and the wife have been talking about signing up) I told him that, and why I wasn't considering even thinking of now signing up because of their anti-NRA stance. He said he understood and has been, as other operators receiving the last 2 days similiar calls and respects my decision and will forward my reasoning. He thanked me for being courteous, as did I for listening and forwarding.

I hope others will also let them know their feelings against not the NRA alone, but gun owners who are affected. 

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!  MT

I have had an interesting journey cancelling my rewards programs. Without boring you with details it seems that cancelling Wyndham on line will not work and finally after several calls where I wasn't on hold for over 15 minutes and hanging up in frustration I finally got that one cancelled.

When I tried to cancel Best Western they will not cancel my account because they cannot verify my address, even though I gave them all my addresses for the past 10 years they say my address on file doesn't match and they will not cancel me. I told the lady that I know she is just doing here job and her due diligence but I asked her to make a note in my account that states that I will never use BW again or any affiliate and I will list all BW email as spam because of BW's position regarding the NRA and I wished her a nice day and hung up. I have since tried to get them to cancel but they will not without my "correct address". I have no idea what address they have but at this point I don't care...I will never stay with them again. If they didn't get my address right perhaps they don't need any more of my money or personal information...

Archived