SASS Wire Forum

WaPo Gives Sanders Four Pinocchios

Charlie T Waite

Thank you Charlie T,

This is why we can't have nice things. We've known for decades that the other side uses emotion, lies and distortions to convince people there is a problem to be "fixed" when none exists. I've done gun shows for decades. Used to be a dealer and the number of 'undesirables' I saw at shows I could count on one hand. Less than .00001%. I now work in a gunshop (don't ask how I got roped into that after retiring from the S.O., LOL) and the number of 'undesirables' I see also numbers in the miniscule next to nothing column.

I wasn't in favor of background checks circa 1994. I am now, however, this march towards 'comprehensive' checks disturbs me. I'm sure what the President meant was increasing the number of States (38) that report properly to NICS and not universal checks for every transfer. The reason that is is NICS could "turn off" gunsales by simply being down for maintenance or overloaded (it was yesterday, every call took over an hour to complete ONE check) AND....the risk of universal checks that they could create a database/de facto registration of gun owners really bothers me. Yes they already sort of do this with the ATF's Forward Trace and their use of out of business FFL records (here's a tidbit, I suspect that every so often ATF 'decides' to re-issue an FFL and then requires the "old records" be shipped to the data center) and no, there aren't enough cops on the planet to go dor-to-door and collect up all the guns but still.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what this....thing shapes up to be. 

10 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Why do we need more background checks when every mass shooter in recent memory with the exception of Adam Lanza has passed a background check.  Adam Lanza murdered the only person that loved him to obtain one. :(

There's a lot of debate to this day if Newtown was real. Teachers that were there say it was a drill and so do some of the State Police. The teacher I spoke with said it wasn't Lanza that came into her room, but the big guy in camo they showed in some of the early video that disappeared. We'll never really know. The tape from the Town hall in NH with Obama disappeared as well after one showing. Didn't want us to see Obama and the father hootin up B4 the show of tears for the public.

Archived