SASS Wire Forum

Welcome Grinnin Jim

Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Jim after seeing his post on Facebook cowboy shooting page expressing his intention to attend a local match in Northwest Georgia.  He chose to watch and learn at the match yesterday but on the first stage he started resetting targets and helped with posse chores all day.  He has a great sense of humor and lots of enthusiasm.  I see that he's joined the "Wahr" so give him a welcome.

Corpus!!! Thanks so much for taking me and introducing me to SASS and such a fine group of people, this was one of the best times ever! You have made my entry into SASS much easier then it could be! 

To everyone I met there, Ya'll cracked me up, what a great posse!!! I look forward to seeing you all again!  

Grinning Jim

11 hours ago, Grinnin Jim said:

Ya'll cracked me up, what a great posse!!! 

Yep, we'll keep you grinning.

Welcome to the fold.

Howdy Jim.  We’re glad you could join us.  Pull up a chair and tell us a little about yourself—where you are from, how long you’ve been shooting. What got you interested in CAS, that sort of thing.  Your story sounds a bit like ours.  My wife and I went to a monthly match to watch.  Next thing you know, folks were talking to us and getting us involved--resetting shotgun targets, picking up brass, etc.

And be sure to tell your friends about this great game.

8 minutes ago, Outrider Outlaw said:

Howdy Jim.  We’re glad you could join us.  Pull up a chair and tell us a little about yourself—where you are from, how long you’ve been shooting. What got you interested in CAS, that sort of thing.  Your story sounds a bit like ours.  My wife and I went to a monthly match to watch.  Next thing you know, folks were talking to us and getting us involved--resetting shotgun targets, picking up brass, etc.

And be sure to tell your friends about this great game.

I have been into guns since I was a kid in the 70s, watching westerns and WW2 movies! I spent 10 years in the Air Force traveled around the world and shortly after I became a nurse. I did some more traveling and while traveling out west the history bug got me bad. I mainly concentrating on collecting WW2 items but then I found out about SASS but didn't have any groups in my area so I forgot all about it. I moved to Cleveland Ga. 6 years ago and just joined a gun club that hosts the Piedmont Regulators and the re-kindled the fire for this group. Corpus was gracious enough to take me to my first meet and show me the ropes and now I am hooked!!! There are three groups within an hour from me and hopefully I can work out shooting twice a month (I work every other weekend)!  Now I have to get ready to build a cart!!!

8 minutes ago, Outrider Outlaw said:

Welcome Grinnin Jim. I read you already jumped right in, and found that the game if fun and enjoyable by watching and helping without even firing a shot. Wait till your first round goes  downrange and completes the circle, (50% shooting and 50% before, during and after the match fun).

Again, Welcome.  MT

Welcome,Grinnin Jim

Shooting next Saturday at Riverbend www.rbrr.org

Or the Second Saturday at Toccoa Piedmont Regulators Home Page .  The Toccoa match will be based on "The Princess Bride" being turned into a Cowboy Action Shooting match. 

Archived