SASS Wire Forum

WTB No. 3 2nd Model Schofield 45 Colt 3.5” barrel

Sgt. Saywut

As the title says, I’m looking for one in excellent condition to go with the one I have now.    I figure it can’t hurt to ask!  PM me please, if you have one you’d part with for a fair price.  Thanks for looking. 

No help now , but there were two like that on GunBroker last week.

Rex :D

Just for curiousity , went and looked , there are two today.  One that was there last week. Must have high reserve. The other not too bad starting price. Getting one from a pard here would be great , but might be a long wait.

As Rex pointed out - I have watched several short barrel ones on gunbroker and the reserves are over 700 - nobody seems to be paying it and they are re-listed over and over. Not sure what a good price point is on them as they don’t seem to circulate too often.

Thanks for the comments, folks.   I did see the GB auctions, and that’s where I lucked into a fair deal for the one I have now.  However,  at least one of those folks with the current auctions wants a factory-new price for a used Schofield, claiming it’s had an action job yet not knowing what was done to it.  “It feels better than stock” was the response :rolleyes:

I do like the Sheriff’s Model, especially of the 1851 Navy, but I like the top breaks more :D

Archived