SASS Wire Forum

Outback Restaurant: Gun Free Zone

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

This link is from the NRA-ILA.  I personally confirmed this via contact with Bloomin' Brands HQs yesterday and told them due to this corporate wide policy, Outback will no longer be visited by my family.

Note:  If you also want to drop Outback from your list, make an effort to contact and tell them so.  Letting them know does much more than just tacitly avoiding them in the future.  They have to know why they will be losing customer support.

Just the view from my foxhole...

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180209/outback-steakhouse-no-rights-just-rules

+1 & Done last evening.

Sent them a blistering communication siting the laws for LTC in Texas which were actually enacted to allow LTC after a deadly shooting years ago in a restaurant in southwest Houston (I don't remember the name right now).  They've lost my business and that of all my friends.  Prohibiting LTC does NOTHING to make me or them safer or prevent crime.  It simply tells criminals you are an easy target and drives away good customers who have a handgun for self defense.  

Even some Texas schools are now REQUIRING if not allowing LTC holders to carry in schools.  Some districts in rural areas and even urban areas have allowed this for years, and NO student has ever been shot by a teacher carrying a weapon, but if I were a teacher there, I'd certainly feel just a little safer than in a gun free school zone.

Yep. Just sent them a note, letting them know that they have just let the criminals know that people that frequent that establishment are defenseless and patrons are dining there at their own risk.  

For my self, I don't eat there anyway, it's bad for my health.

I did this a year or so ago!!  We were anticipating a nice meal and a dozen or so of us were turned away by their sign!  I phoned the corporate offices AND sent them an E-mail!

Lorelei!  It was Luby's!!

There are innumerable restaurants in the USA. I let them know that my family dines at others that do not try to deprive me of my uniquely American rights. 

Don't forget that Outback, Carrabba’s, Bonefish & Fleming’s are all from the same parent corporation. 

I sent them my "No Wallet" Policy letter. I’m sure the local non-chain restaurants with realistic firearms policies based on State law will be more than glad to welcome my wallet and I.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:16 AM, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

Sent them a blistering communication siting the laws for LTC in Texas which were actually enacted to allow LTC after a deadly shooting years ago in a restaurant in southwest Houston (I don't remember the name right now).  They've lost my business and that of all my friends.  Prohibiting LTC does NOTHING to make me or them safer or prevent crime.  It simply tells criminals you are an easy target and drives away good customers who have a handgun for self defense.  

Even some Texas schools are now REQUIRING if not allowing LTC holders to carry in schools.  Some districts in rural areas and even urban areas have allowed this for years, and NO student has ever been shot by a teacher carrying a weapon, but if I were a teacher there, I'd certainly feel just a little safer than in a gun free school zone.

The restaurant was Luby's.  It was a TX legislator that was dinning there with her parents when the perp entered the place and started shoot'n people.  He killed her parents while she was helpless with her handgun in her vehicle parked outside.  She was responsible for TX's conceal carry law.

Archived