SASS Wire Forum

1795 Springfield

Trigger Mike

Just curios because I like those rifles too....   are you looking for original or replica?  Pedersoli makes a pretty nice repro although a bit on the high side.  But Im sure an original is too!  :) 

1 minute ago, Trigger Mike said:

I'm not sure how this got moved to the Wire page instead of classifieds since I want to buy a 1795 Springfield.  Maybe it will get better exposure over on the wire.

Probably because it didn’t look like you wanted to buy.  Looked like you were just looking for advice maybe?

From the looks of this site, it is made and shipped complete except the vent hole needs to be drilled out to make it operational.  Good price, too.

http://www.militaryheritage.com/musket17.htm

I've got 3 originals in my collection, Springfield Type I, Harpers Ferry Type II, and Springfield Type III, very cool pieces of History.

Scout

If this is a replica made in India, there is a really good chance the steel is too soft and not suited for live firing. Over on the Authentic Campaigner  forum, Indian made muzzle loaders have a really bad reputation and a history of failure. Better to spend move and get good quality.

BTW, the 1795 is a smoothbore musket, not a rifle.

Archived