SASS Wire Forum

Alpo effect observation -- question??

Smoken D

It was 14 degrees when I went out around 6:20am. Not real light out yet, but good enough to see. It was very heavy fog/or clouds and you could see the mist from the fog floating around. Getting onto everything and freezing onto everything making more ice than what the ice storm brought the other day. I could see maybe around 40 yards, but looking up could see the sliver of the moon and jet trail vapor. Now I live on a bluff over the 1 mile area across lake and I recalled the last report that the lake temperature was 36 but the cove under me is covered over with ice. In fact most of the lake was ice covered. So, me and dog take a seat and watch the fog roll by and of course my pants were getting wet. When the sun came out it burned that fog right away. 

I never recalled seeing mist and fog coming down when it was 14 degrees out, that was weird. Like it was raining in 14 degree weather? Photo is of the grass.

frozen grass.jpg

You need to stay inside more.  Don't you know you are messing around in the faries territory?

Archived