SASS Wire Forum

WTB 10ga Brass and Dies

Blackwater 53393

Just what it says. Good used 10ga brass. Prefer 2 7/8” . Also looking for 10ga dies for brass shells . Sizing die and roll crimp die to fit RCBS.

I don’t get on the classifieds often, so just PM me and I’ll get back to you quickly.

Yeah!!  I got some of that to fill out a box of 25 shells a couple of years ago.   I also found partial box of Winchester here on the Classified forum at that time.  I figure maybe somebody has decided that 10ga is too much work or has more than they can use.

As far as the dies, I've found the dies out there, but the two that I need are over $200.00 new.

5a805dc151d68_10gaugebrasshullsFeb2018.jpg.63e638e39ff37958db82b9565b0b6d6f.jpg

I lucked into a nest of 10 gauge nickel plated hulls plus found a few more from a collector to get my inventory up to about 50.  (I need them for my old 10 gauge shotguns).

Some of the old hulls were expanded out some.  I used then sizing die from the MEC 600 (10 gauge) and sized them down. I had to deepen some of the primer pockets to accept large pistol primers. 

I reload with just primitive tools.  The loads I shoot won't expand the hulls so once they fit,  they are good for life.

So far, I've reloaded my 12g a brass shells by hand, even though I've obtained a complete set of dies for them and the RCBS single stage press to make use of them.  I'm clearing out enough space to set all of this up and hope to have it operational soon. 

Now I've gathered enough 10ga brass to shoot an average 5 stage match and I loaded them the same way. NO PROBLEM!!  Except that they need to be sized and I occasionally load up some HEAVY loads for fun.  They don't shuck easily and some don't like to chamber in my 1901 Winchester.

SO!!  I'm shopping for the items listed above.  Y'all help a cowboy out!!!

Mine was listed for $1,200.00 at a gun show back in ‘05 and I dealt the guy down to $700.00. It’s probably an 85% gun with good bluing and solid but unattractive furniture. The barrel looks like a sewer pipe, but it’s solid and it shoots great!!  I’ve knocked down SOME targets with just the concussion from big Black Powder loads!!

My current goal is to get the shells to shuck out of my Remington SxS after they’re fired and to make them easier to load into both guns.

6 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

I've been watching for a 1901 shooter but it's pretty far down on my list.  Seen one at a big gunshop just before Christmas but it was roadkill condition.  

I seem to have gotten many in the toy...If I remember right no roadkill condition...Could give one if you are in need....

TL

Back to the front of the line

I'll keep running this back up the flag pole for a while!!  Ya' never know when you'll hit pay dirt!!

Let’s get this back to the front row!!

Lets run it back to the top!

AND AGAIN!!

Yeah!  I have some high brass Federal shells cut down to 2 7/8” and a roll crimp tool with cards and plastic AND fiber wads.

I don’t shoot my 10s all of the time and I need to shoot out my brass shells so that I can re-prime and reload ‘em!

• 2 weeks later...

BTT

I'm still lookin'!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still in the market, so I'm bringin' back around front!!

Me too, Flattop!!

250 mixed will be fine!!  PM me with your price and information!!

STILL WANT BRASS 10 ga SHELLS AND LOADING DIES

• 2 weeks later...

Same story, different day!!!

Archived