SASS Wire Forum

Gun Engraver?

July Smith

Was curious if any SASS members here engrave or can refer an engraver?  I'd like to add a four-word quote to the backstraps of a few revolvers.  I want the lettering done in cursive or at least a fancy script of sorts, not just stamped lettering.  Nothing too complicated just a personal touch I'd like to add to one of my favorite pairs.

Last year at Comancheria there was a guy that hand engraved the backstraps of my pistols.  Did beautiful work.  Maybe someone from the club (Texican Rangers,  http://texicanrangers.org/  2/8/2018) can give you his name or how to contact him.

2 hours ago, Irish Tom said:

+2

Great Guy!

The "Guy" at Comancheria Days was Larry Hopewell... He was  Master Engraver for Weatherby for many years.

He lives in Harper Tx now.... But last time I spoke w/ him he was planning to "mostly" retire and is only taking on a very few jobs a year.

heres his email.... txsngrvr@omniglobal.net you mite be able to get him to do some for you.

He's done several guns for me... My 2nd model Winchester '73 he did is a work of Art !!!

I've had work done by several others also.....

D W Harris of Texas, is definitely one of the Best in the country, but his waiting list was over a year last time I checked.

Jim Downing and Kelly Laster both do Very Nice work.

As does Aspen Filly who is my current Favorite...

In fact I'm taking my new '66 Winchester to her at Winter Range.... She'll make it Purdy :D

Archived