SASS Wire Forum

2018 Iron Cowboy **UPDATE!!!**

Blackwater 53393

Fire 'N' Fallback asked me to let y'all know that the 2018 Iron Cowboy shootout will be the second week in April!!   Dates bare April 13-14. Wild Bunch and Side Matches on Friday.  Main Match, eight stages, Saturday!!

He's writing up another challenging set of stages and the fun factor is HIGH!!

Check it out here  https://www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com/copy-of-clubs-and-competitions  

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS 'TIL THE MATCH!!!

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

BTT for the evening crowd, so's everybody gets a chance to see the message.

I'll do this for a couple of days.

I'll be at this one!  Rockcastle is like a second home.  It will be cool to actually shoot CAS at Cowboy Town!

Fire 'N' Fallback has been running the ranges all winter here and comes up with a new twist every match. From targets at the end of your pistol barrel, pop ups, knock downs, to long range rifle targets with your buff guns. Options and bonus shots...

If your looking for the "fun" many complain has long gone, you should consider this match!

Found this down on page three!!

Bringing it back to the top for a good friend and a great shoot.

For those of you who aren't familiar, this shoot is put on at the Rockcastle Shooting Complex.  It has a regulation golf course and a winery as well as a family friendly lodge complex on the grounds. It's near Mammoth Cave in south central Kentucky, just up the road from the National Corvette Museum!!

Just thought you orta' know!!

Gonna' be great to see all of ya'!!  Safe travels!!

Time to get this one back on the FRONT ROW!!

Y'all git yer wagons loaded and c'mon out!!

The cast of characters grows!!!

BTT

• 2 weeks later...

SO!!  I went to the Crap Shoot over at Copperhead's this last weekend and actually fired a few rounds from my pistols, shooting from my knee scooter!!  

I went to the foot doctor this morning and he was all excited about how well I'm finally healing up!!  FOLKS!  It's been a year, (nearly) since i almost lost my foot!!  It's been a long journey from sitting in the car and atching everybody else having fun at last years Iron Cowboy event!!  

I ain't sure yet, but I just may get to shoot this match this year, STANDIN' ON MY OWN DERN FEET!!

Y'all saddle up and come hang out!!!!  Bring yer irons and help us fight off the malefactors!!! 

UPDATE!!!

The doc says I can't do too much runnin' around and jumpin' up and down, but if I behave myself, I can attend the match AND put both feet on the ground some!!  I'm STILL weeks away from total freedom.  The skin on the bottom of my bad foot news to toughen up and get thicker, but it's all healed over for now!!  It's been a year, getting to this point,  so I'll probably shoot only a couple of stages, but that's better than this time last year!!

See above!!

Bring ‘em on, Ray!!!

I mailed my stuff in today, just got the ok for the time off. Should about 4 of the Dirty Rotten Gang

Has anyone got a schedule of events? Time and side matches? Its a different time zone for me..

If I’m not mistaken the schedule is on the website. If not, call the resort.  All of the contact info is on the application.

See my opening post.

Nothing on times and events on application or web page. I have tried the contact number several times for Nate Noble.

I’ll try to get that schedule for you sometime today.

Talked to our host, Fire 'N' Fallback just now! Registration will be at the Lodge, Friday and Saturday, April 13th and 14th.  YES!! You can sign up the day of the match!!

Signups and registration begins at 7:00 am on Friday, April 13th

Wild Bunch, 4 stage match begins at 12:00 on Friday April 13th

Side matches will commence as the bays used for WB are cleared (shortly after 12:00)

Meet and Greet will be at 6;00 pm and last until 9:00 pm at the Lodge

I’m sorry. I don’t. I CAN tell you that the range DOES have some looooong distance capability.

I am glad I signed up for this one!  I can't wait to see the new dance that will soon sweep across America, the BLACKWATER HOP,  I am going to smoke up the range on Wild Bunch day!  If you haven't shot black powder in a 1911 you don't know what you are missing!

Sawyer, ol' pal!!  It'll be good ta' see ya'!!  I don't know about hoppin', but I can guarantee ya' we'll see a stumble or two and maybe a stager too!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

You will find a bunch of things that will bring back memories of the old days!!  Lots of fun stuff in these stages!!  It ain't all just run 'n' gun!!

Blackwater  do you know if the Club has Changed its Phone #  ? I have been trying to reach the Lodge since Saturday. keep getting Recording number is incorrect. (don't think AT&T has Banned them do you :huh:)

Drifter!!  There was a glitch in the phone system!!  They have it fixed now!!  I just talked to ‘em and Amber at the desk explained and apologized!!

TWO MORE SLEEPS ‘TIL IRON COWBOY!!

Archived