SASS Wire Forum

Concealed Carry at a Match

Rustler, SASS #33316

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised with the number of people that say they have the right to violate stated range rules and/or property owners rights, simply because "no one knows".

If you need to have a weapon at hand, keep your favorite DA revolver or semi-auto, with separate speed loader/magazine, in your cart. 

BS

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Love your post Dan! The having no control over defecation part worries me a bit, but the rest is spot on!

Let me rephrase that.......my bowels and bladder are pretty well under control, but they do let me know when it is time to evacuate them......I have no control over those signals...

But I think ya knew what I meant anyway.....

See ya soon Bill!

3 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Let me rephrase that.......my bowels and bladder are pretty well under control, but they do let me know when it is time to evacuate them......I have no control over those signals...

But I think ya knew what I meant anyway.....

See ya soon Bill!

We miss you at Doc’s Dan! Hope you can come join us one day soon!

On 2/8/2018 at 10:11 AM, Snakebite said:

there are many folks that just "Get Off" on carrying a gun, it really make them feel Tough ... those guys make me nervous.

+1

too many wannabes with LTC (Texas' version of CHL) wandering around at times

cheyenne 

I'm personally floored over gun owners and shooters ,

So willing to give up there Guns and there God given right to defend themselves. 

My Daddy always said

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 .

I Always Carry Everywhere Period !

It's called Canceled Carry for a reason .

NO ONE KNOWS IT'S THERE  !

15 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

This God given this and God given that is played to death anyway. One day I hope to sit down and talk to God. When we're done, I'll post my findings here on the WIRE.

I can't wait until you do. I had an appointment with him/her one time, but I got lost along the way. With there being well over a thousand gods, it can get really confusing. Parking alone takes forever. I think I ended up in the wrong waiting room and missed my scheduled time. Maybe next time I will get it right.

this morning, at work, in the outhouse, my CH fell out of the holster onto the floor. my first thought was UH-OH, MDQ!

our range owners decided that Carry at range was OK, but not to the firing line. Seemed like a good compromise. And I'm sure if a LEO really felt uncomfortable without his BUG, as long as it was concealed, who would know? 

I just shot at an indoor range this weekend,,, their sign... yes you can,,, just keep it holstered!!   wish it was closer!!!

it does fry my bacon to have a gun range or club or whatever tell me I can't excersise my right to ccw...

I can honestly say I've never had my CC on me during a match, but I'm not opposed to it.   I'm rather shocked that so many fellow shooters are so against it though.   I figured any folks who enjoy shooting sports would be all about gun rights, guess I figured wrong.  

Don't know anyone HERE who is against concealed carry, or in denial that the 2nd Amendment is one of our cherished rights.   Just that some of us recognize that other folks' rules (like shooting ranges where you want to go back to, and you are not influential enough to get them to change their rules to be more reasonable) are important to follow at times, too.

For example, NM has state law about where concealed carry is not allowed by anyone, and some other laws about where is is allowed only for active LEOs, and some other variations of laws.  Am I going to carry (open or) concealed into the State Legislature?   Hmmm, probably not.    Then extend that concept to a city owned range.  Am I going to break their rules about no concealed carry?  Probably not there either.   Will I go to that range and not disclose a CC?   Probably not worth the risk to even go.

Pick your "fights" carefully.  No use being a bad example for the gun control lobbies to use. And if you are being a good example of Concealed Carry, no one knows.

Good luck, GJ

On 2/8/2018 at 3:04 PM, Shooting Bull said:

Some of the reasoning sounds incredibly familiar and far too unsettling. “You don’t NEED a rifle that shoots 20 rounds per second.” “You don’t NEED a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds.” “You don’t NEED to carry a gun everywhere you go.” “For goodness sake, what are you so afraid of that you NEED to have a gun with you ALL the time?” :wacko:

Maybe to eat at Luby's or go to see a movie where a gunman coming in killing everyone one in sight.  I'm in bad health, so I can't run nor fight, but I can shoot, and that's why I live in Texas, too.

Hey Aggie Bill,

I've got a buddy who truly believes that one day he'll be in Luby's and will save the day.

I think he was probably one of the first three people in Texas to get his CCL.

Archived