SASS Wire Forum

Colonel Dan's Article Archives Republished On This Forum

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

All,  I was going through my archives today and had an idea of how to make them useful once again. 

Many of my articles on the Second Amendment fell in the category of political philosophy.  That is, they were based on fundamental principles found in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Federalist Papers and other writings of our founders as well as other freedom loving thinkers over many many years.  In other words,  they are not dependent or focused on current events...they apply to the values upon which this country was founded regardless of the time period.

Since many SASS members have come and gone over the years, I wanted to find a way to share my thoughts with those who weren't part of our SASS family "back in the day."  Additionally, now that the Chronicle will only be published every quarter, I floated the idea by Charlie Waite, our current Team SASS Director, of republishing select essays on this forum.  He agreed that it would be worthwhile and could be time well spent.

I'll now search the archives for those articles I feel would be most useful as background information and "ammunition" we might use in our on-going struggle to help preserve, protect and defend our sacred Second Amendment.  If you have any comment on this idea, I'd love to hear them...

Stay tuned.

Archived