SASS Wire Forum

Another Gunfight Gone Bad

The Cody Gunfight Gone Bad

Cody-Gunfight-300x200.jpg

https://montanapioneer.com/cody-gunfight-gone-bad/

Might be late, but I ran across this one and researched the forum and did not see it mentioned back then. 

Apparently they don't have the same rules as SASS, which is why this happens to them. ;)

There was a similar situation back in 2015 in Tombstone, I believe.

I been involved and still involved in these shows. From Playing Wyatt Earp to a Ranger next month for 2 weekends at St Mary's GA. A western themed event with Steam locomotive, etc. But safety is number one and all firearms are checked before loading with blanks which are handed out and loaded under a watchful eye. No live ammo allowed, even on gunbelts. Even in pictures all guns are loaded by an Armorer, and any reloads done for the camera are under the supervision off same.

Makes me wonder what their safety procedure are and how enforced?  MT

Somebody has a problem.

No background checks (or bad background checks) on the participants.

No loading or reloading supervision.

Careless lack of muzzle control.

This guy is a repeat offender, and the organizers knew or should have known.  Somebody is going to receive a summons and Complaint.  I hope they have insurance.

LL

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

The Cody Gunfight Gone Bad

Cody-Gunfight-300x200.jpg

https://montanapioneer.com/cody-gunfight-gone-bad/

Might be late, but I ran across this one and researched the forum and did not see it mentioned back then. 

Apparently they don't have the same rules as SASS, which is why this happens to them. ;)

There was a similar situation back in 2015 in Tombstone, I believe.

SASS rules has NOTHING to do with this. They are performers and what they and groups like them do has ZERO in common with SASS. Please do not confuse the two. Yes some actors also happen to be SASS members but that does not make the two activities related.

All the old west performance groups I knew had a master armorer that provided all the blanks and loaded all the firearms. If you participated you used the blanks the armorer provided. Ammo on gun belts that needed to look realistic was put there by the armorer and removed by the armorer at the end of the performance. 

LIVE ammo was not allowed on the premises. if you were a member of the group and live AMMO was found on your person or in your vehicle you would be banned from the organization.

Archived