SASS Wire Forum

WTB shot

Started making my own this year.Bought some Oasis shot drippers, made a pan out of aluminum,added a burner and some trial and error made about 125lbs of shot. It's not perfect but knocks down SASS targets

Howdy Preacher,

I've ordered from ROTO Metals in the past but was buying in bulk. They do run specials from time to time.

Check them out, www.rotometals.com

Hasta Luego, Keystone

48 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Gamaliel Shooting Supply has shot for 37.95 for a 25# bag. If you buy them in quantities of 2 shipping is only $13.00

+1      this is where I last got some and they didn't charge me that much for shipping, may have been an error.

http://www.gamaliel.com/shot/lawrence_brand_magnum_shot.asp?

Just looked at the site and Eagle brand is still 37.95 as Sedalia Dave noted.

Near Valley Forge I get reclaimed, graphited shot for a buck a pound. That's probably as cheap as it gets. Makes Goody's Redlands reference a nice deal. 

btw; I could use a lot of lead if anybody in the five state area has a lot available. I have 60 trays of Letterpress Foundry type lead and about a ton of linotype. I need to soften both of them up and could probably use 3 to 5000 pounds of lead to do it. 

The guy near me processes his nicely. He runs it through an auger type rig with different sized screens. He then fills up 2L bottles (which hold about 26lb) and being translucent you can see what's in there. If I were to get reclaimed shot at a trap range I'd put a couple tablespoons of graphite in a 25 lb batch. I forget whether he said 2 or 4 is what he was putting in. I had some plain reclaimed that I had let sit for a long time and it oxidized and didn't meter well. 

Hey Goody,

Thanks for the tip about Redlands Shooting Park. Ordered some today. Real nice lady answered the phone. "Redlands Shooting Park, business is booming." I knew I had the right place.

Archived