SASS Wire Forum

WTB-Case Retainer Spring, Hornady Pro-Jector

Howdy,

I inherited this press from an uncle. I ordered the case retainer spring by the part number in the manual but that part number defaults to the case retainer spring for the Lock-N-Load which is a different diameter and does not work. If anyone out there has an original case retainer spring or springs for the the Pro-Jector I will gladly take it off your hands for whatever price you deem reasonable.

Thank you.

Thank you for reaching out, Snake-eye. As I mentioned in my original post the part number for the Pro-Jector spring defaults to the spring for the LNL which is a different diameter and doesn’t work. I confirmed this with Hornady this morning. The best they could do was offe me a trade-in against the old press.

That is hard news to hear. I have one of the old Pro-Jectors myself , would be sad to find that Hornady did not have replacement parts in case one needed a repair.

No telling how many thousands of rounds I have loaded on mine. I'm not certain , but think I got it in the mid 1980s. Was still using it for some loads up until two years ago.

Good luck , Rex :D

They said they could only support the old presses for so long and when parts were gone they were gone. They said they’d give me a $200 credit on a new press. Might have to take them up on that.

I had a older press what I converted to the new Lock an Load. I found a spring that you could use. PM me your address and I'll send it along. It's the larger dia. than the new ones. 

Archived