SASS Wire Forum

Gathering of the Posses

Tex Jones, SASS 2263

Good job goes out to the Dusty Bunch. I wasn't able to shoot but spent the weekend with Echo shooting the match.

Very good stages and an excellent warm up for Winter Range.

Congrats to my Son Lead Finger. And to all the winners: Eco, Hell's, Frank Stilwell, 12 Mile Reb , Champ, Damascus Jon  and others.  Great shooting pilgrims

I am still unable to shoot or I would have been there with Sly Puppy.  Dusty Bunch did well with the G.O.P. 2018.

JRJ

So far I read where posse 3 and 5 were mentioned as being the best posses and perhaps they might have had some decent folks on the posses and I'm sure Barry did a bang up job as marshall of #5  BUT............. How many posse marshalls brought a GREAT BIG cookie sheet of rich and gooey melt in your mouth, homemade brownies Sunday morning, enough for probably three posses? Probably none, OH wait, Sassy Dancer did and that coupled with her interesting stage descriptions and the coolest shooters at the match would make posse #4 the best one to be on. 

I encountered an amazing thing midway through the first stage when I grabbed my brass picker and headed up front.  I was met with not two but three brass pickers who wouldn't let me join in! ;)  It was like a pickers club that you had to be a member of or something!  In 2 1/2 years of shooting matches I have never seen anything like it and my hat is off to all those folks!

Needless to say I had a great time!

It really was a great shoot.  And I will keep in mind that bribery in the form of food is acceptable.  ;)

Good stages, great people, and, with the exception of the wind, great weather.

BS

13 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

It really was a great shoot.  And I will keep in mind that bribery in the form of food is acceptable.  ;)

Good stages, great people, and, with the exception of the wind, great weather.

BS

That's why they call it The Dusty Bunch. :D

Archived