SASS Wire Forum

Movie blooper

Attica Jack  #23953

According to the movies, the venerable Winchester 92 was first produced sometime in the 1830s or 40s. Perhaps John Wayne characters had secreated an exclusive stash of them back at that time and used them over the decades. See for example The Comancheros which takes place in 1843 and yet incredibly features the venerable 92 as well as numerous other anachronistic firearms.  Apparently the idea of flintlock and percussion shootouts didn’t appear to the filmmakers. 

Can anyone name a movie set prior to 1843 that includes 92s?  

Seamus. 

According to www.imfdb.com Winchester '97's and the model12 were shotguns used. 

Could you possibly be referring to a Winchester M25, a pump gun first produced in 1949?  The M70 is a rifle and introduced in 1935.

But knowing Kevin C. he probably had it specially built like that 9 shot Colt in Open Range.

I doubt Kevin had anything to do with guns in any movie. He's an actor just like we were as kids, and would have used a stick if that's what the prop department provided.  "Bang, you're dead!"

I counted 17 shots from Powers Booth's Rugers (!) in "Tombstone". And Val Kilmer got three shots out of a S x S in the same movie. Them are some guns I'd like own!  :lol: 

14 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Commancheros ?? LEFT handed model 1892.

Come ON, you pards aint even tryin.

Best

CR

Got you beat. earlier then that. Glenn Ford Man from the Alamo. They're using cartridge SA Colts, Remington outlaws, and you can see 92 in scabbards. Even though there are numerous Trapdoors refitted to look like muskets. The time is just after 1836 and the fall of the Alamo.  MT

Bloopers may be allowed in other movies; however, for the one in the OP consider it "Untouchables". :P

Besides, any negative remarks against government agencies might put you on the "Watch List". :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Bloopers may be allowed in other movies; however, for the one in the OP consider it "Untouchables". :P

Besides, any negative remarks against government agencies might put you on the "Watch List". :ph34r:

I'm on my wife's watch list; everytime I'm trying something crazy, she yells, "Watch it!"

I wish I could remember the move ( it was a modern western) where the good guy gets a his hammered double barrel out of the scabbard and proceeds to threaten the bad guy with it.  At some point in the scene you clearly hear the racking of a pump action slide for dramatic effect.  'bout fell out of the chair laughing.

20 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I counted 17 shots from Powers Booth's Rugers (!) in "Tombstone". And Val Kilmer got three shots out of a S x S in the same movie. Them are some guns I'd like own!  :lol: 

It took me a while to figure it out, but Tombstone took some artistic license by showing the same shots from different camera angles. Thus the 3 shot side by side and others.

21 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It is a common screwup. 

In the The lonesome Dove tv series as the stage coach was come into town , the guard gave three quick blasts from his side by side

I blame Walker, Texas Ranger. Every time he kicked someone, they filmed it with three or four cameras, and then showed all the footage - kick, kick, kick, kick. Kick the badguy one time but show WHAP WHAP WHAP WHAP. Impressive to the viewing audience.

And, of course, whatever someone comes up with, EVERYONE ELSE has to do it. So there's fights, with three different camera's footage of the blow, and shootings with three different shots of the gunshot.

To quote my favorite round-headed kid - ARRRGH!

Howdy,

Right in there is the crash scenes from the Blues Brothers.

They crashed a boatload of cars then showed each crash from how many angles?

All in weird good fun.   One of my favorite movies of all time.

There with Bulleiut. ( I can never remember how to spell his name, so just throw in some vowels,....)

Best

CR

On 1/28/2018 at 12:02 PM, Attica Jack #23953 said:

I think I spotted a movie blooper in the movie Untouchables.  Prohibition started in 1920 and ended in 1933.  In the movie at the Canadian bridge scene, Kevin Costner is armed with a Winchester Model 70, pump shotgun, model 70's were made, starting in 1935

Plus....those were the worst RCMP uniforms I have ever seen.  Not even close, don't know whose army they belonged to.  And, why do they always have a person with a Brit accent playing a Canadian?  We talk like Americans, except for those living in Quebec.

On 1/29/2018 at 4:03 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

I wish I could remember the move ( it was a modern western) where the good guy gets a his hammered double barrel out of the scabbard and proceeds to threaten the bad guy with it.  At some point in the scene you clearly hear the racking of a pump action slide for dramatic effect.  'bout fell out of the chair laughing.

I saw that on Lost Girl, a modern TV series.  I rewound it and watched it 3 or 4 times I was so amused.  I don't know why hollywierd people are so enamoured with the sound of slides racking.  In 99% of the situations where they play the sound, the person would have been an idiot to not already have a round chambered.  2 or 3 times I saw them do that and a shell flew out, and that made me somewhat happy. 

2 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I saw that on Lost Girl, a modern TV series.  I rewound it and watched it 3 or 4 times I was so amused.  I don't know why hollywierd people are so enamoured with the sound of slides racking.  In 99% of the situations where they play the sound, the person would have been an idiot to not already have a round chambered.  2 or 3 times I saw them do that and a shell flew out, and that made me somewhat happy. 

To many movies were they're racking the 97 2 or 3 times before its even shot. MT

Archived