SASS Wire Forum

Weatherby says buh bye Cally

Rye Miles #13621

This trend will continue and may even ramp up in the coming months.  From what I have been hearing.there are a lot looking for more tax and gun friendly states.

Charlie

As a resident and native of this state, I say... Good on 'em!  

Added to the governor's pet "green" business, Tesla, also leaving for "greener pastures," one might expect the capons (love that term!) in Sacramento to take notice.   Well... it's a sure bet that there will not be a drinking straw company moving in to replace either company!   

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

As a resident and native of this state, I say... Good on 'em!  

Added to the governor's pet "green" business, Tesla, also leaving for "greener pastures," one might expect the capons (love that term!) in Sacramento to take notice.   Well... it's a sure bet that there will not be a drinking straw company moving in to replace either company!   

Hardpan, just an FYI there is a GIANT Apple facility going in just east of Reno along with an amazon dc, Tesla and my understanding  is Google is doing something up this way too. Not sure what else is being built up this way  but I have heard talk of more then 10000 new jobs around the Reno area

They’re following the leads of Berrerta!! They left Maryland and moved to Tennessee a couple of years ago because of the anti-gun climate that developed in Maryland!!

If you’re not welcome where you are, MOVE TO WHERE YOU ARE WELCOME!!

Just good business!!!

23 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

They’re following the leads of Berrerta!! They left Maryland and moved to Tennessee a couple of years ago because of the anti-gun climate that developed in Maryland!!

If you’re not welcome where you are, MOVE TO WHERE YOU ARE WELCOME!!

Just good business!!!

Its not just the anti-gun climate. The PRoK's Capons are working over time to run tax paying business out of the state while encouraging more and more non-tax paying individuals to move there and vote for them.   

It is really really sad too. California has so much to offer but unless the political climate there changes in a big way and soon, they may just beat Illinois and New Jersey at becoming the first states to file bankruptcy.

21 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Lessee... Santa Rosa area?  Petaluma...?   :)

Lol lived in both but last place was Rohnert Park, now it is Nevada.

Heard on the news just this morning that Panasonic has a new plant up here and they said upwards of 1600 new jobs

Brother Hardpan, I was born in Sacramento  and raised in Sonoma county. My Grandma  told me my whole life that I was part gypsy, that I had a wondering spirit,  so with all the anti gun and political  BS IT did not take me much to leave California 

On 1/30/2018 at 1:55 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

It's a boom!  :lol:

If I wasn't retired I'd be relocating.  :)

Hey maybe all the anti-gun liberals will leave and you guys will get your gun rights back to normal!:)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:03 PM, The Shoer 27979 said:

Hardpan, just an FYI there is a GIANT Apple facility going in just east of Reno along with an amazon dc, Tesla and my understanding  is Google is doing something up this way too. Not sure what else is being built up this way  but I have heard talk of more then 10000 new jobs around the Reno area

Apple & Google are building Cloud Data Centers.  There are very few jobs after they are built.  If you go into these data centers they are dark except for the blinking LEDs on the servers & routers.  Their lunchrooms have one table with a maximum of 8 chairs around them.  And their locations are not selected because of low cost.  The primary factor is access to lots of fiber communications cables.  Availability of electric power is also determinant.  The Reno Tahoe Industrial Park has everything required.  Fiber because the RR's laid cable along their right of ways during the Dot Bomb, voltage transmission lines, one thermal & several gas turbine power plants & if they want to improve energy efficiency tap into the gas pipeline to generate electricity & chilled water for keeping their servers cool.

P.S. I believe that the entity that bough up the remaining real estate in the RTBP is either the real estate subsidiary of Alphabet Inc. (Google's parent co.) or acting for them.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:55 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

It's a boom!  :lol:

If I wasn't retired I'd be relocating.  :)

I relocated to NV because I retired.  Couldn't afford the cost of living in the SF Bay Area nor tolerate the politics of the State.  The misses & I decided 20 years ago to retire in northern NV.

Archived