SASS Wire Forum

Can you solve the hidden clues?

In two recent posts to the 5a68a65f3e071_RangersJusticeTHREAD.JPG.46bbf2dab13c25ff6b993766d2650df4.JPG THREAD,

in preparation for making Rye Miles a Deputy Texas Ranger in the storyline, I purposefully inserted three (3) hidden clues in the first post, and two (2) more in the second post. If anyone is interested in trying to uncover them, please do.

If you have sleuth in your blood, or just like a really serious challenge, these should give you a great use of your grey matter. B)

I will provide answers to inquiries about them as long as they don't completely reveal the answer. :ph34r:

All I have available for a prize to any winner(s) who solve them is 5a277b2708c64_LIKEIcon.JPG.615eca1cc4371f962122cc7f2349de44.JPG's.

FIVE (5) for each clue revealed. (to be made in your future posts);)

Here are the two posts mentioned:

“...7...10...12...18...40...45,” Kit counting the steps in his head that he’d taken since leaving the Sheriff’s Office. He was analytical like that. Just as he knew there were 69 bars that comprised the jail cells in the Sheriff’s Office. He’d counted them while talking to Rye and Pat. “...62...65...75...80”, he continued until his concentration was broken by the distant sound of someone yelling his name. “Ranger, Ranger, Ranger”, an exhausted Irish-Pat finally came to a stop as Ranger Cool turned around finding the now sober Irish-Pat bent over, hands on his knees, gasping heavily. “I’ve got to tell you about that Rye fellow. You see I’ve heard talk of his skills with firearms. Some say at High Noon in Tusco, he was seen shooting faster than you could down a bottle of that coffin-varnish they serve at the Saloon. As a Ranger, he’s your man”. Kit pulled his pocket watch out, it was 4:03PM, time to make someone a Ranger.

When Ranger Cool arrived at the Ed O’Toole livery stable and adjoining Owen Killoran corral, he saw the large crowd of spectators watching and betting on Ryes’ shooting ability. “Alright everyone, let’s calm down, I’ve got an announcement to make,” he bellowed as he climbed onto a nearby wagon. “I know you’ve been enjoying the shooting skills that Mr. Miles has been displaying; however, from what I’ve been told he also displays great character.”

CLUE No. 1 - They all have something to do with Rye Miles.

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

No wonder Rye was ?? me! I will have to revise my entire life now to accommodate 42 instead of 49!

3 hours ago, Charlie Plasters, SASS#60943 said:

No wonder Rye was ?? me! I will have to revise my entire life now to accommodate 42 instead of 49!

I wasn't questioning you Charlie, I was questioning this post period! I guess I just don't know what the H$#% is going on!!!:wacko:

14 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I wasn't questioning you Charlie, I was questioning this post period! I guess I just don't know what the H$#% is going on!!!:wacko:

Rye:

When making the entry leading up to making you a Deputy Ranger in the THREAD: Ranger's Justice - Desert Trail, I thought I would hide some actual data within the entry that pertained specifically to you. Doing some research on one of the clubs that you shoot at (Clue No. 2) I took some data and manipulated it into the Post I made which is above in the OP. (Kind of a personal touch to show I did my homework)

Then I thought I would create another THREAD for those puzzle, cryptic solvers that might what to try their hand at figuring out what I had done.

I'll let this explanation be Clue No. 3.

Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Rye:

When making the entry leading up to making you a Deputy Ranger in the THREAD: Ranger's Justice - Desert Trail, I thought I would hide some actual data within the entry that pertained specifically to you. Doing some research on one of the clubs that you shoot at (Clue No. 2) I took some data and manipulated it into the Post I made which is above in the OP. (Kind of a personal touch to show I did my homework)

Then I thought I would create another THREAD for those puzzle, cryptic solvers that might what to try their hand at figuring out what I had done.

I'll let this explanation be Clue No. 3.

Hope this helps.

Sorry Father Kit but I have no interest in solving any clues! As they say on Shark Tank, "I'm out" :lol:

20 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I was questioning this post period! I guess I just don't know what the H$#% is going on!!!:wacko:

Nor, do many others! :blink:

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

This THREAD was meant to be a puzzle that needed to be solved.

There were hidden clues within the text that pertained to Rye Miles and the Tusco Long Riders.

I specifically took the time to manipulate the data and incorporate it into the text of the RANGER's JUSTICE - DESERT TRAIL storyline as a personal touch for Rye.

Maybe providing the answer to the clues in the first post will help.

Here is the first post with the hidden clues:

“...7...10...12...18...40...45,” Kit counting the steps in his head that he’d taken since leaving the Sheriff’s Office. He was analytical like that. Just as he knew there were 69 bars that comprised the jail cells in the Sheriff’s Office. He’d counted them while talking to Rye and Pat. “...62...65...75...80”, he continued until his concentration was broken by the distant sound of someone yelling his name. “Ranger, Ranger, Ranger”, an exhausted Irish-Pat finally came to a stop as Ranger Cool turned around finding the now sober Irish-Pat bent over, hands on his knees, gasping heavily. “I’ve got to tell you about that Rye fellow. You see I’ve heard talk of his skills with firearms. Some say at High Noon in Tusco, he was seen shooting faster than you could down a bottle of that coffin-varnish they serve at the Saloon. As a Ranger, he’s your man”. Kit pulled his pocket watch out, it was 4:03PM, time to make someone a Ranger.

The ten (10) figures in RED represent the tenth's of seconds in each stage of the High Noon at Tusco October 6-8, 2017 as shown below (highlighted in yellow)

The figure in BLUE represents his worst time from Stage 3 and was appropriately used to count the number of bars in the jail. :ph34r:

And the figure in GREEN represents the total time of 403.14 as reflected in the time on Kit's pocket watch.

5a7076b9a5274_AnswertoRangerClues-FirstPost.JPG.d87f001003a876409298fc1d692995ae.JPG

I take pride in what I type in my posts, and in the THREADS I generate. I'm not one to just merely type words without thinking about what I am doing.

Rye is a great guy (even though I have never met him in person) and in the RANGER'S JUSTICE - DESERT TRAIL, he has played a critical role in the storyline.

When it came time to make him a Deputy Ranger (which he himself started that idea), I felt the entry leading up to making him a Deputy Ranger required a "personal " touch.

Doing my due diligence, I picked one of the clubs he shoots at, found a match he participated in, and using his shooting times, manipulated them to fit into my post in the storyline. This was my way of secretly personalizing his eventual induction into the Rangers. The time to do this - consuming, the results - rewarding.

It was only as an afterthought, that I decided to create this THREAD to let other SASS readers who love puzzles and riddles to have a shot at solving this one.

My objective was not to make this too confusing; however, I guess I failed. :blush:

9 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Cool, you could have picked a better shoot, that was not my best!!:lol:

Rye:

Please accept my sincere apologies for that oversight.

I guess I was so caught up in the moment that I failed to see the forest for the trees. :blush:

31 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Rye:

Please accept my sincere apologies for that oversight.

I guess I was so caught up in the moment that I failed to see the forest for the trees. :blush:

I was just funnin'.............:P

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I was just funnin'.............:P

Rye:

Whew.

Does this mean I can come out and play?

5a709e21d7ecd_time-out-RESIZED.jpg.0985bf06de515b0bec767ba73e7c1a56.jpg

So here are the hidden clues in the second post:

When Ranger Cool arrived at the Ed O’Toole livery stable and adjoining Owen Killoran corral, he saw the large crowd of spectators watching and betting on Ryes’ shooting ability. “Alright everyone, let’s calm down, I’ve got an announcement to make,” he bellowed as he climbed onto a nearby wagon. “I know you’ve been enjoying the shooting skills that Mr. Miles has been displaying; however, from what I’ve been told he also displays great character.”

5a71d3b2768b6_AnswertoRangerClues-SecondPost.JPG.8647b2588fa56711a592ef7992a8ff27.JPG

A reference to our own End of Trail (World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting),

thereby portraying Rye and Pat shooting at EoT at the O.K. Corral in the storyline.

Just a bit too obscure to be true clues.  To me it makes as much sense as typing ckjhjuhuyhvtrtyruyuhsjhbuihhuyhuhyhuhuhgewojaorwtahoajhfokahouribhuorhy= Cowboy Shooting Is Great Fun, solely because the C,S,I,G & F only show up once in the set of letters.  Or maybe I'm just being dense--I've been known to do that.

14 hours ago, SinCity Paladin said:

Just a bit too obscure to be true clues.  To me it makes as much sense as typing ckjhjuhuyhvtrtyruyuhsjhbuihhuyhuhyhuhuhgewojaorwtahoajhfokahouribhuorhy= Cowboy Shooting Is Great Fun, solely because the C,S,I,G & F only show up once in the set of letters.  Or maybe I'm just being dense--I've been known to do that.

Paladin, 

I understand what you are saying. 

Typically the creator of the puzzle already has the answer, and therefore appears easier to solve.

Solving your puzzle above would be more difficult as there are actually two i's, yet only one "e", :rolleyes: making the answer: CSEGF, or Cowboy Shooting is Excellent Fun:D

HEHEHE--Yeah, I caught that after I hit enter and didn't feel like going back and fixing it.  I knew someone would call me out on it.

Archived