SASS Wire Forum

10 ga. Shotgun belt

Big Rock, SASS #44055

Does anyone know of anyone that makes shotgun belts for 10ga?  All of the makers that I find on the internet only list their shotgun belts for 12 or 20 gauge.

I have an old Calvary belt that has elastic holders, that will probably have to do, but I would like a nice leather belt with double buckets.

Did you contact Doc Noper?   Since he sews his using elastic or canvas, he probably is pretty flexible - Hah.   Elastic is the way a lot of makers are going now.

From another post, this may let you find him quickly 

"Gary"      616-690-7544        https://www.facebook.com/Doc-Noper-Gun-Leather-150530958333442/

Good luck, GJ

As G.J. stated, Doc Noper makes excellent stuff and would have no problem making you whatever you want.  You could check the local clubs that you shoot at.  A number of local leather guys make good stuff and it's custom made to your specifications.

I'm not a full time leather maker because of my other career,  but I've made a lot of cowboy leather the last 15 year to help pay for cowboy addiction.  I'm making more and more shotgun belts with mil-spec elastic, but double leather pouches are still popular.  

1 hour ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Elastic is the way a lot of makers are going now.

Maybe you are not on the same track with what this means to many of the rest of us.  Several big names are now, in last 3 years, making a leather belt, with elastic loops.  Has the style of leather, and the speed and ease of draw of mil-spec elastic.  Pretty darn popular.   

But, if you are sure you know what you want, then the elastic loops may be something you dismiss without trying.  If that's so, can't help you with a name of a maker that I KNOW does 10 gauge buckets.  A custom maker close to you would be best bet.....your club members use someone kinda local?

Good luck, GJ

Persimon Dan made mine!  It'll hold 10s or 12s without any problem!! He just space the loopssothat they could accept 10s.

I had two of the old San Pedro fire hose canvas belts. I took one and soaked it thoroughly and then put my brass ten gauge shells in it and let it dry in the sun!!  Had to take it in the first night and put it out again the next morning to get it completely dry.  WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!!!

Archived