SASS Wire Forum

Welcome Wild Ben VanDorn!

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

Welcome Ben.  We're glad you've joined us.  Pull up a chair and tell us a little about yourself--where you are from, how long you've been shooting, how you got interested in CAS, that sort of thing.

And be sure to tell your friends about this great sport/game.

5a25616c5af35_OutriderOutlaw-PosseMember.JPG.cc7413867ddb6cfe8e73e8e507c76203.JPG

WELCOME Wild Ben Vandorn:

5a68fc12880a5_WELCOMESTATEMENT-Condensed.thumb.JPG.b9840d43ea4264fd7b6d8f61dfd4d6a9.JPG

Well, SON!  Thanks for the warm welcome, all - and forgive my tardiness in response!  I wasn't prepared for such hospitable treatment before I'd even posted a single note!  Y'all know how to make a new member to the camp feel at home.

Allie Mo, you are correct: I am new to the wire, but have been shooting for the last three decades, predominately blackpowder, due to my father's influence.  

On 1/23/2018 at 8:19 AM, Outrider Outlaw said:

Welcome Ben.  We're glad you've joined us.  Pull up a chair and tell us a little about yourself--where you are from, how long you've been shooting, how you got interested in CAS, that sort of thing.

And be sure to tell your friends about this great sport/game.

5a25616c5af35_OutriderOutlaw-PosseMember.JPG.cc7413867ddb6cfe8e73e8e507c76203.JPG

Well, since you asked: I got into Cowboy Action in the late 90s down at Hooten Old Town in McKee, Kentucky, and found it a great excuse for a grown man to play cowboy, but with real guns!  Got out of it when I relocated to California, and got back into it slowly over the last couple years being back in Kentucky, mostly with an NCOWS group out of Boston, KY.  I like a little more action in my cowboy action, however, and SASS always provided that.  Now, I just need to visit the clubs near me and find a home. . . 

I enjoy riding horses, Harleys, reloading and reenacting.  I also moonlight as a video producer, and have done several short videos on Vimeo and YouTube focusing on blackpowder and/or cowboy shooting and related history under my company Open Top Productions.  I'll put up a separate post on the wire for anyone who is interested.  

Thanks again for the warm welcome, all.  I'm already trying to poach my brother from our other club!  

Keep your powder dry,

Wild Ben 

(The 247th Fastest Gun in the West)

Archived