SASS Wire Forum

New JEDI: Missouri and Canada

Widder, SASS #59054

Congratulations to Rusty Hammer in Missouri,   JEDI GF #251

AND..... Congratulations to Black Ashley and Killshot Kenny, both in Canada.    Black Ashley is JEDI GF #253   and Killshot Kenny is JEDI GF #254.

Special thanks to Kananaskis Kid and High Country Amigo for handling these recognitions in Canada.

These pards have been faithful GFer's and also have their RO status.   And their resumes show some very valuable service to SASS in their club activities and positions.

CONGRATULATIONS fellers!

..........Widder

Congratulations to all!  :D

Rusty Hammer is a Pard to ride the river with... good shot, good photographer, good posse mate.

Well done, Rusty!  :D

I take exception to the fact the Rusty Hammer being recognized he's a no account low down dirty gunfighter. No but really you will not find a better Pard to shoot with to pal with or just all-around great guy and the videos he takes our second to none so to Rusty Hammer I salute you and say congratulations

4 minutes ago, Wild lead said:

I take exception to the fact the Rusty Hammer being recognized he's a no account low down dirty gunfighter. No but really you will not find a better Pard to shoot with to pal with or just all-around great guy and the videos he takes our second to none so to Rusty Hammer I salute you and say congratulations

"Low down dirty gunfighter" was on his resume, which makes him a great addition to the JEDI's..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

I'm desperately searching for a rule or a way of penalizing or slowing him down is there a rule against shooting your pistols too close in sequence  because I'm having a hard time trying to keep up with him he keeps pulling away. And I'm not nearly smart or coordinated enough to shoot two pistols at once so any help would be greatly appreciated in pulling him back and putting him where he belongs behind me

9 minutes ago, Wild lead said:

I'm desperately searching for a rule or a way of penalizing or slowing him down is there a rule against shooting your pistols too close in sequence  because I'm having a hard time trying to keep up with him he keeps pulling away. And I'm not nearly smart or coordinated enough to shoot two pistols at once so any help would be greatly appreciated in pulling him back and putting him where he belongs behind me

I don't think you have to worry.  Any time I gain in pistol work is lost when I get to the shotgun :blink:.     Better figure out how to slow Greasy down.   Thanks pard. 

I tried slowing greasy down today by taking 2 rounds out of his rifle at the loading table and it still didn't work. And then it occurred to me maybe I need to improve my time. Then he shot a 14 second stage and I realized what's the use

2 hours ago, The Reverend Malachi Gosse said:

What is a Jedi?

It is a group within CAS.   From the Jedi GF website...  

"Jedi Gunfightersn. 1. The greatest collection of fast-shooting, slick-talking, ornery, smelly and ugly polecats (except for the ladies) that ever pulled a sixgun, aimed a rifle or pointed a shotgun while specializing in shooting 'gunfighter-style' with two pistols out and blazing away. 2. Known to travel all over the USA and the world competing in Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) Cowboy Action Shooting matches."

I believe the Duelest now have a similar group called the Pistoleros.  Just another way to have fun with the sport.  

RH

24 minutes ago, Rusty Hammer said:

It is a group within CAS.   From the Jedi GF website...  

"Jedi Gunfightersn. 1. The greatest collection of fast-shooting, slick-talking, ornery, smelly and ugly polecats (except for the ladies) that ever pulled a sixgun, aimed a rifle or pointed a shotgun while specializing in shooting 'gunfighter-style' with two pistols out and blazing away. 2. Known to travel all over the USA and the world competing in Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) Cowboy Action Shooting matches."

I believe the Duelest now have a similar group called the Pistoleros.  Just another way to have fun with the sport.  

RH

Thanks for the clarification!

21 hours ago, Rusty Hammer said:

I don't think you have to worry.  Any time I gain in pistol work is lost when I get to the shotgun :blink:.     Better figure out how to slow Greasy down.   Thanks pard. 

You over looked me.  I got you where I want you I'm just around the bend behind and closing fast.   Got a new shotgun so look out here I come.

I shoot with both of those Canucks and neither one can be trusted not to eat that last slice of pie ya have been saving ...

OLE Kill-Shot is an Ornery grizzled goat and Black Ashley breaks rifles and got a new Short Stroke kit from me way to cheap,,, and shoots little bullets...

I'll tell them Widder was only kidding about accepting them ... into the Jedi's...

Jabez Cowboy

RUSTY,

what kind of SG do you shoot?

There are numerous videos on YouTube by Deuce and myself giving various techniques that might help you improve your SG.

Then next time you go face to face against NOZ with his new SG, you can 'break him from suckin eggs', as they say down South.

..........Widder

Hey JABEZ, 

gonna send you a PM in a few minutes.   Be looking for it.

Hope you are doing well.   As for me, it might be 50 outside and I still feel like its cold..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

Ever hear the story of the old dog and the school bus?

Widder, Rusty shoots a double and pulls 4.

1 minute ago, Noz said:

Ever hear the story of the old dog and the school bus?

Widder, Rusty shoots a double and pulls 4.

:lol::lol:

Sounds like he's trying to catch that school bus running in the wrong direction..... :o

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

RUSTY,

what kind of SG do you shoot?

Currently a Zenith Tedna 12ga sxs.  Have a Stoger too and a 97 but mostly use the sxs.   I have watched the videos you mention, also Lead Ringer's.  Lots of good info that has helped a bunch.  

Welcome to all the new recruits!!  

16 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Hey JABEZ, 

gonna send you a PM in a few minutes.   Be looking for it.

Hope you are doing well.   As for me, it might be 50 outside and I still feel like its cold..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

Sent ya one back ...

Fergot ta tell ya I had a New Shotgun follow me home , It's a Huglo Cowboy Delux ,,, 20 inch chrome lined barrels, really nice case-hardening, oil finished walnut stock ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ya can see one at the  Canada Ammo site.....

Jabez Cowboy

It's 42 out side now .... only got bout 6 inches of snow left ..

On 1/21/2018 at 8:26 PM, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

"Low down dirty gunfighter" was on his resume, which makes him a great addition to the JEDI's..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

Congrats boys.  It is an exclusive club!  Gunfighter and Low Down are exceptional qualities.  Chews tobacco is also a plus.

Archived