SASS Wire Forum

does beretta still make the cheetah?

Trigger Mike

I have an 85 Cheetah FS but mine is in .380.  It is the same as the 84 but with a single stack magazine.  I also am lucky enough to own an 87 Cheetah in .22 LR.  The 87 is identical in size to the 85 but the finish is gorgeous with a deep shiny blue and wooden grips.  I had to wait almost six months to get it because nobody had one.  I know Beretta does not make this model anymore and I'm not sure about the 85.

Beretta also made an 87 Cheetah Target in .22 LR but that one has a longer barrel and longer slide with adjustable sights.

Per their catalog, the only one they still advertise is the 87 Target.  Same frame as the 85 FS but with a longer barrel and target slide.  

BTW, the only problem I ever had with my 85 FS is that to rack the slide you've gotta eat your Wheaties, so if you got weak hands forget it.  Other than that it's dead-on accurate and I never had a failure in it.  Beretta quality.  I think it got replaced by the Storm.

found a new italian M92 less than 500.  may still get the cheetah.  let my son use it to cut down small trees to clear a lane of fire for the deer stand.  I figure if he can shoot and hit a narrow target he will be fine, especially since we stand several feet away

Archived