SASS Wire Forum

Why, the special interest in C & B Revolvers ?

Lefty Dude, SASS # 51223

On 1/17/2018 at 2:14 PM, Tyrel Cody said:

Well, I'll warn you,  Cap & Ball guns breed inside a gun safe. You're probably ok just browsing EMFs site, but proceed with caution :lol:

Don't need to browse there web site...They are five miles down the hill...Makes for fast pick up...Some one is right about the breeding...Might have put them in different boxes...But some how they seem to get over to the other boxes...And the cycle keeps going....

TL

Stopped counting at 50...Just started over...It looks better on the list...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got 'em in the safe, in drawers, in the rafters -- They are the "tribbles" of a shooter's world!!!!!

--Dawg

8 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Had to look up tribble, having never heard of it. You can tell I wasn't a Trekkie. I learn something new every day!  :lol:

Google "The Trouble with Tribbles" and check out some of the Star Trek videos on Tribbles and Dawg's reference will make a lot more sense! :rolleyes:

Well, my first 1860 Colt Sheriff's Model arrived from Cabela's today.  WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!  Now as soon as I get another one, I'll be ready to embarrass myself at the next match!

23 minutes ago, Lefty Dude, SASS # 51223 said:

So, So, Cool ! When do you expect them  to arrive ?

They said they're on order, don't know what's in their next shipment.  

16 minutes ago, Marshall Hangtree said:

Well, my first 1860 Colt Sheriff's Model arrived from Cabela's today.  WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!  Now as soon as I get another one, I'll be ready to embarrass myself at the next match!

When one mans up and shoots a pistol worthy of acclaim, there's no embarrassment, even when one shoot's as slowly and deliberately as I do... All of T-Bone's chickens have eyes... 'cause I put 'em there!  And have witnesses to prove it!!!

You Newbies have no idea of the trouble ya'll are getting into. <<GGG>>

BTW, real C&B shooters use GOEX, or someother real blackpowder, not that substitute poop.

1 hour ago, Marshall Hangtree said:

Pictures Marshall you got to post pictures 

1 hour ago, Griff said:

They said they're on order, don't know what's in their next shipment.  

When one mans up and shoots a pistol worthy of acclaim, there's no embarrassment, even when one shoot's as slowly and deliberately as I do... All of T-Bone's chickens have eyes... 'cause I put 'em there!  And have witnesses to prove it!!!

I own them chickens 

they fear me :angry:

Just now, Bittertrigger said:

Pictures Marshall you got to post pictures 

Oh, I will.  As soon as I receive its twin brother from Carolina Reaper, I'll take pics of both.  Can't wait to start spittin' smoke and flames!

Just now, Marshall Hangtree said:

Oh, I will.  As soon as I receive its twin brother from Carolina Reaper, I'll take pics of both.  Can't wait to start spittin' smoke and flames!

Praying it don’t rain this weekend it will be my first full match with my Piettastynes 

13 minutes ago, Bittertrigger said:

Praying it don’t rain this weekend it will be my first full match with my Piettastynes 

Well then, we expect pictures and video by Monday.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:28 AM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

A couple of pards have mentioned the inability to find black powder. There are three main online suppliers I know of. Maine Powder House, Powder Inc. and Graf & Sons.

The first two have a 5lb minimum order, where Grafs does not. Graf charges a flat $7.95 for shipping plus a $20 hazmat fee. I'm not sure what the others charge. Obviously, the more you order, the quicker the fees are amortized. 

Thanks for the heads-up on those. Even 1lb. is probably a lifetime supply for me, as little as I shoot black powder. I didn't know there were so many brands and so many kinds... I always thought black powder was black powder! :blush:

Living here in western PA, I have several sources  (gun shops) that always carry Goex  blackpowder . Thank you, Thank you, guys. And those that do, they get my business, powder notwithstanding. Happy here in western PA.

Oh, BTW SS, 1# of blackpowder  is  what I would shoot/consume  at a 12 stage SASS/CA match (Winter Range), as a Frontiersman shooter. I LOVE blackpowder. Shotgun shells were the bulk of the 1# consumption. << GGG >>.

Well here you go the reason why I love this stuff 

my Piettastynes ran flawlessly, they did not pull any caps into the actions

and only had one cap that got under the cylinder 

now my shotgun was another story 

Archived