SASS Wire Forum

Why, the special interest in C & B Revolvers ?

Lefty Dude, SASS # 51223

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, many of them cowboys will come to their senses soon!

Too Much Fun!

--Dawg

prairiedawgsbuntlinebelchingsmoke&flame.

No real future in them suppository revolvers!!:rolleyes: <_< :lol:

'Cause Cap Guns-er-FUN!!  Suppository shooters be .... BORING!!!

Never been able to get my photo's to post Dagey Nabbit.  Sorry Lefty

Expecial when them Cap Guns be SNUBBIES!!  You betcha!!

Well, I'll tell you what lured me to the dark side.

I've been a Law Enforcement Officer for many years, from 1979 to 1995.  During that time I shot on the department pistol team, and I was a firearms instructor certified by the FBI.  I was also on our SWAT team.  In later years I ran a small firearms instruction school.  I've probably shot about half a million metallic cartridge rounds in the last 40 years, so the idea of learning the old black powder stuff is what really cooks my grits.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my Glock 19, AR, or Mossy 500 for anything when it comes to self/home defense.  But since I'm getting into this hobby-sport purely for fun, I wanted to go a route that would be totally different and challenging to shoot.

Personally, I don't really care that the C&P guns (at least in my hands) won't be shot as quickly as the cartridge guns.  I don't care that my exposed hammer SxS cheap Century can't compete with a slicked up '97.  I'm only concerned with shooting safely, having fun with the other pards, and being a little faster and more proficient than I was the last time out.

Could I buy the hottest, slickest, quickest set of 6 guns and a well worked '73 and go for the gusto, worrying myself to death about how to shave a few seconds so I'll be the fastest shooter in my area?  Yeah, I could.  But to me, that just adds stress to a hobby that is supposed to be fun and relaxing.  So, at my age, I'm going the slower, louder, smellier, and smokier route.

No disrespect meant to napalm, but nothing smells better than black powder in the mornin'.

1 hour ago, Marshall Hangtree said:

Personally, I don't really care that the C&P guns (at least in my hands) won't be shot as quickly as the cartridge guns.  I don't care that my exposed hammer SxS cheap Century can't compete with a slicked up '97.  I'm only concerned with shooting safely, having fun with the other pards, and being a little faster and more proficient than I was the last time out.

No disrespect meant to napalm, but nothing smells better than black powder in the mornin'.

Couldn't agree more!!  Watching shooters loose it because a miss just bumped the time up to 19 seconds is just sad.  It's supposed to be fun, not stressful!! 

It's therapeutic smoke!!

blackpowder.jpg

10-26-~2 (4).png

Frontiersmen know that we will not be #1 in the rankings.  So we can concentrate on brotherhood! :D

From left to right:

Rootin' Tootin' Range Bum, J-Bar, Noz, Fingers McGee

Frontiersmen.thumb.JPG.ea589279fae07c5f8149e79c524af947.JPG

Ain't that the truth.

Range Bum looks a bit like Shady Willy Brown. Shady Willy has admitted that he has a pair of C&B revolvers but isn't man enough to shoot them in a match.  Are you out there Shady Willy? Just funnin' with you. See you in Chapman in May!  :D :lol:

Here is a Black powder barrel that will make lots of Smoke and Fire !!!!!

14" barrel from the Battle Ship USS Arizona.    Arizona State Capitol, Phoenix AZ.  A 16" from the Battle Ship Missouri is also on display here.

Fourteen Inch Gun, USS Arizona.jpg

12 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Frontiersmen know that we will not be #1 in the rankings.  So we can concentrate on brotherhood! :D

From left to right:

Rootin' Tootin' Range Bum, J-Bar, Noz, Fingers McGee

Frontiersmen.thumb.JPG.ea589279fae07c5f8149e79c524af947.JPG

Looks like quite a collection of Ne'er-do-Wells to me!

:ph34r: Dawg :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Lefty Dude, SASS # 51223 said:

Here is a Black powder barrel that will make lots of Smoke and Fire !!!!!

14" barrel from the Battle Ship USS Arizona.    Arizona State Capitol, Phoenix AZ.  A 16" from the Battle Ship Missouri is also on display here.

Fourteen Inch Gun, USS Arizona.jpg

WOW!  That's impressive! 

Them are some significant lands and grooves!  Is that just to lock up the breach, or is the whole barrel cut that way?

You talk about bunch of ruffians!! 

Possum Trot Posse #10.jpg

Several pounds of Black Powder and a small truck load of lead were dispensed that weekend!!!

22 hours ago, Lefty Dude, SASS # 51223 said:

Because we always knew that Cartridges were a passing Fad !!!!!

Them Cartridges might be a passing fad, but idiots, alcohol and Black Powder don't mix.

For Christmas...many many moons ago, I got me a .50 cal Big Bang (micro-size) cannon. For New Years, I loaded it up and set it off. It made this sound like "PLUNK!" and shot the ball out about fifteen feet. "Huh? Needs more powder, right?" So the next shot made my ears ring for two days, blew a big chunk outta my bud's red wood fence and split the barrel of my Big Bang cannon.

I didn't have such bad luck with my TC Hawken 45 Cal. Never hunted with it mainly 'cause I couldn't hit the proverbial "Broad-side of a Barn" with it, but the noise and smoke made it fun to shoot. Wound up trading it for a 250 cc motor bike that never ran...Another one of my hair-brained ideas that I soon regretted. Anyway...stick with this "fad" thing for now.

27 minutes ago, Shotgun Willie Nelson said:

Them Cartridges might be a passing fad, but idiots, alcohol and Black Powder don't mix.

For Christmas...many many moons ago, I got me a .50 cal Big Bang (micro-size) cannon. For New Years, I loaded it up and set it off. It made this sound like "PLUNK!" and shot the ball out about fifteen feet. "Huh? Needs more powder, right?" So the next shot made my ears ring for two days, blew a big chunk outta my bud's red wood fence and split the barrel of my Big Bang cannon.

I didn't have such bad luck with my TC Hawken 45 Cal. Never hunted with it mainly 'cause I couldn't hit the proverbial "Broad-side of a Barn" with it, but the noise and smoke made it fun to shoot. Wound up trading it for a 250 cc motor bike that never ran...Another one of my hair-brained ideas that I soon regretted. Anyway...stick with this "fad" thing for now.

AWWWW  Willie!!!  Where's your sense of adventure???  :rolleyes: :lol::lol:

23 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

And there is no rule against converting them either...

that's always what made me laugh about the gun laws.  Somehow muzzleloaders guns aint 'real guns'.  But I don't laugh too loud lest the wrong type of person ask me why and the law gets tightened up. 

2 hours ago, Lefty Dude, SASS # 51223 said:

Cap Guns are the best of all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 1851 Pietta , factory engraved "Wild Bill Hickok" model.

IMGP2517.JPG

OH MY!!!!    I find myself very excited right now!!!

2 hours ago, Lefty Dude, SASS # 51223 said:

Cap Guns are the best of all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 1851 Pietta , factory engraved "Wild Bill Hickok" model.

IMGP2517.JPG

19 minutes ago, Randingo said:

OH MY!!!!    I find myself very excited right now!!!

Me too! 

But, as soon as I find some extra cashl I'm buying a pair of these:

1851-navy-yank-us-marshall-l.jpg

Archived