SASS Wire Forum

Blackwater 53393

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Gotta admit, Nick has got a system, and the system works.

Who puts in 5 freshman, due to injury or off performance,  in H2 of national title game, and still pulls out a win?

In other Alabama news, it was announced Tuesday that the renovations at Bryant-Denny Stadium requested by Coach Saban were completed in record time.

alabama_goalposts.jpg

Seriously, ya'll need to go get yourself a decent kicker.  Go have one of the boosters buy his Momma a new Escalade or something.  It would be sad if it wasn't so funny.

War Eagle!

They just wanted to play a little longer. :rolleyes:<_< :lol::lol: 

Sometimes, I'd rather be lucky than good!!!

My daughter and her husband are both Bama grads. He asked me if I’d be okay if their first son was named “Tua”.

As much as I’m an Ohio State fan myself, I have to respect what Saban has built in T-Town. His teams play against themselves and their legacy. 

17 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

That's funny. I didn't know they even played sports south of Michigan...........

Sorri to tell you this Slim, but there's more to sports than Curling, Ice Skating and indoor Badminton...... :lol::lol:

P.S. - I had thought the Dawgs would win, even before the game started.   But I also knew it would be a close game.

..........Widder

3 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Hey Blackwater,

When Sabin pulled Hurts, I have a feeling that he felt like the GA head coach knew too much about Hurts and was 'reading' him.

You reckon?

..........Widder

YESSIR!  They were playing defense to Hurts' weaknesses!  Still, there were several plays that failed in the first half that were NOT Jaylen's fault!!

Just heard!!  The ratings for last night's game were nine percent higher than last year's championship.  And everybody said that nobody would watch!!  

The good news for all those other conference's fans is that an SEC team lost the championship !!

The bad news for all those folks is that and SEC team won the National Championship!!!

It.

Just sayin'

I'm waiting for when they announce the new playoff format.  I figure it will be some time in June or July.

They have to change it since it's obviously unfair.  It has to be unfair since 2 SEC teams made the championship game.

Strange.....The two most successful coaches in the Big 10 east both came through the SEC.

State Pen.. er ah Penn State and Ohio State sold out to get SEC coaches in effort to get some of that SEC magic!!:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

He cant read a map! Better at pickin his nose than players I guess. LOL

How close was the Big Ten to a perfect bowl season?

DSe4YKVXkAE4gna.thumb.jpg.b086059b496cb10417aed5ae6932343e.jpg

“Mean Nothing” bowl games have consistently produced lopsided and non representative scores that DON’T give any real indication various conferences comparative strengths or weaknesses.

ANYONE who seriously thinks that UCF could beat any one of the four teams chosen for this year’s playoff, (well maybe not Oklahoma) isn’t cognizant of real world college football.

Anybody who thinks that the Auburn players or the LSU players had their hearts in those games is delusional. Those NFL prospects had no intention of risking injury for a meaningless game. It was seriously just party time for them!!

33 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Aw, come on, Doc.  It's the Saloon and we're talking football.  What arguments could possibly arise from that combination?  :ph34r:

:lol::lol:

Indeed.   What's more soothing to the soul than good conversations about Religion, politics, or College Football?

..........Widder

4 hours ago, DocWard said:

Deleted to avoid further argument

Sorry Doc!!  Didn't mean to make anybody mad!

Still friends?;)

10 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Sorry Doc!!  Didn't mean to make anybody mad!

Still friends?;)

Indeed we are.

You want kickers..then Australia is the place, especially from Australian Rules Football, some big thumpers of a ball in that game, up to 75-80 yards consistently ! Actually a lot are getting college contracts.

But the Aussies use only drop kickers??

5 minutes ago, Noz said:

That's what I was thinking.

Aussie Rules players make great punters.  They tend to kick it high, far and want to make the tackle themselves.

Bama needs a place kicker.  Maybe Sata- I mean, Saban needs to make nice with the soccer coach and see if he can have one of the soccer team's guys off the practice squad, or something.  I realize the the current guy is a legacy but he's got his letter now.

When your defense scores more points than a kicker, its hard to focus on the importance of a good kicker, especially if you haven't really needed one in the past few years.

I don't think its 'distance'  that is the concern for kickers but rather 'accuracy'.

75-80 yards is pretty darn far, but if it don't go between 2 little post, distance won't mean squat.

..........Widder

14 hours ago, Noz said:

Howdy Noz...My knowledge of your game is limited but I enjoy watching Grid Iron as it regularly on TV..in our rugby games the place kick is used the same as yours [ for conversions ]....some great Rugby kickers here that can land the ball on a dime.

The kick I mean is the punt [ or torpedo ].. some footballers  here can really thump the ball a massive distance..they now have clinics over here especially  for the transition  to Grid Iron..the ball is slightly different in shape but nothing they can't handle.

Hope your well mate..still have fond memories of the PCC shoot, had a great time .

Archived