SASS Wire Forum

Western Movie on Tonight

Marauder SASS #13056

In cartoon form, it did well to convey every character actor that ever existed in a Western movie. 

Rango is one of my favorite westerns and was my choice for movie night on the range at Eldorado last year.

A far better movie than 75% of the so called westerns being foisted upon us lately.

Interesting story...

Interesting characters...

Humor...

And more than a fair amount of great starting lines...

If you have passed on it solely because it is a "cartoon"; you have done yourself a disservice.

I watch Rango just to see the "burp scene" in the saloon with the Irish Gila Monster.  Never fails to make me laugh!

Rango swallows the Gila monster's cigar then takes a swig of cactus juice and immediately belches a ball of fire that catches the Gila lizard's face on fire!  

Then he tries to extinguish the fire by throwing another glass of cactus juice on the lizard's face which makes the fire worse!

Then he tries to smoother the fire by smacking the lizard in the face with that rag towel!  The whole scene lasts about 3 seconds but it cracks me up every time!

Best line:  Rango:  "Is this Heaven?"

Spirit of the West:   "If this was Heaven, we'd be sittin' around eating Pop Tarts with Kim Novak!"

11 hours ago, Slow Mo Dern said:

Best line:  Rango:  "Is this Heaven?"

Spirit of the West:   "If this was Heaven, we'd be sittin' around eating Pop Tarts with Kim Novak!"

No, I would have to disagree.

The best line is when Rango is putting together the posse.

The chicken character who has an arrow thru one of his eyes is asked by Rango.

"Soldier, are you ok?  You've got, um, something in your eye"

The chicken, whose other eye is red and swollen, responds, "That? That's conjunctivitis.  It's hereditary."

Rango hesitates for a moment, "Well, ok then.  Carry on"

That is my crack up moment in the movie.

Archived