SASS Wire Forum

SOLD

Got this gun from Papa Dave about 5 years ago to use as a backup double.   Stock gun with his springs that hold barrels fully open when shucking shells.  Other routine work to help gun be ready to shoot.  Mechanical reset is dependable ... cocking springs still pretty stiff because it does not get a lot of use.  The gun shoots every time and shells come out easily.  Does show some cart wear, some fading in the blueing, and there is a smudge on the left side of the receiver (by the model number).  Don't know if this is a scrape or just dirt but it doesn't wipe off with oil.  It did fall out of the gun cart once onto a paved range path ... may have picked that up then.  No mechanical damage and bores are shiny smooth.  Wood is excellent with some cart wear.  Everything is shown in the pics.

Will sell for $500 shipped.  

baikal 1.jpg

baikal 3.jpg

baikal 4.jpg

baikal 5.jpg

baikal 6.jpg

baikal 7.jpg

baikal 8.jpg

I am unfamiliar with the single trigger sxs workings. Do you have to release the trigger back to reset, similar to a double action revolver?

28 minutes ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

I am unfamiliar with the single trigger sxs workings. Do you have to release the trigger back to reset, similar to a double action revolver?

Yes.

And Papa Dave does excellent work with these.

How long are the barrels and what are they choked?

6 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Ziggy, if you're interested I'll give you $450 and you won't have to ship it. I'll get someone to pick it up at an OR match.

Randy

Okay ... PMs to CW Knight and Randy.  If someone wants this gun ... better jump on it cause it is getting warm around here :o

Archived