SASS Wire Forum

SCAM WARNING!

Dorado

Like I said, Scam warning.

I just received an email from "PayPal" stating that they stopped an $87 charge to my account. They included a receipt attached to the email and it was even listed as coming from a trusted sender. I checked the sender's address though and it came back as some other obvious scam site. If you get this email, DO NOT OPEN the attachment.  Always check the sender's address. My email service lets me see the message's source and content without actually opening the email itself. I knew something was wrong as there were a few spelling and grammar mistakes that a company like PayPal wouldn't make.

Be safe out there.

And I received an email from "Google" that looked darn good that said there were two emails that I "need to open." When I opened the original email, after a bunch of thinking about it,

my antivirus went nuts but it did stop it. Should have trusted my first instinct, it could have been worse.

Thanks Dorado.

I am also cautious with emails and notifications. It has backfired on me when I deleted important emails but they were important enough for the sender to resend them with better info in the subject line. No harm done only a delay in some refinance paperwork...you’d think a lending institution employee would have more sense.

38 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

But on a good note, they caught the Nigerian 'Prince"! 

That's all fine and good, but what about the 1000's of others????

Man.. That Nigerian King.....he's.......something.

I have received several of these messages regarding PayPal. Like Wolfgang the first thing is check your PayPAl account for activity or messages. There never is any problem. I then forward the message to spoof@paypal.com and they deal with it. In general, if I get an email that doesn't look right I just delete it immediately.

I have listed several things on craigslist and never had any problems, except that someone keeps reporting me anytime I post a reloader for sale.  I haven't figured out how they find it so fast.

Archived