SASS Wire Forum

BLACK GOLD SHOOTOUT 2018 !!!!

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ironmaiden said:

Almost time. Me and Whiskeywill be headed that way Sunday. Lot of work to do. Yeehaw

That yeehaw was less than enthusiastic.

See you and Whiskey on Sunday.

Tell him to save me something to do.:lol:

Waimea

Dont forget the bike ride on Wednesday, we have a great ride planned.

I promise no tours of questionable fields of green or dead-end roads with equally questionable houses with the blacked out windows.

14 hours ago, ironmaiden said:

Almost time. Me and Whiskeywill be headed that way Sunday. Lot of work to do. Yeehaw

Fannie'n'me otta be there sometime on Monday.  Hurry, hurry, step right up.  This is gonna be the greatest show on earth.....well, at least in Eastern Kentucky!:P

Me 'n' Schoolmarm should be there Monday around mid-day!!  I'll have my hat stuff and my guns!!  Y'all may hfta' prop me up some, but I'm plannin' on shootin' the entire match this year!!  It'll be the first match I've shot since the Crap Shoot in 2017!!  

The band will be there Saturday afternoon.  We may have a few surprises!!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Me 'n' Schoolmarm should be there Monday around mid-day!!  I'll have my hat stuff and my guns!!  Y'all may hfta' prop me up some, but I'm plannin' on shootin' the entire match this year!!  It'll be the first match I've shot since the Crap Shoot in 2017!!  

The band will be there Saturday afternoon.  We may have a few surprises!!!

Ya'll got Titus singing Wipe Out again? :D

Kajun

Wimea, hoped you could make out match on your way through to BG.I heard a rumor that one of those Outlaws stole a copy of the BG stages before they were even written and may be set up for Saturday. Of course that is just a rumor.

Hope you are bring some lead with you to sell. Doc and I will take the left over 45's so you dont have to drive them both ways.

38 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Wimea, hoped you could make out match on your way through to BG.I heard a rumor that one of those Outlaws stole a copy of the BG stages before they were even written and may be set up for Saturday. Of course that is just a rumor.

Hope you are bring some lead with you to sell. Doc and I will take the left over 45's so you dont have to drive them both ways.

Well, them Tennessee Outlaws are working overtime. Don't I just love the rumors.

Wouldn't mind doing little BG practice session but I have to lighten my load as the trip progresses. 

I am totally up for a winding bike ride in the Bullet mobile as the caboose if you motorcycle dudes will have me.

I appreciate the offer on the .45's.

We can talk.:P

Waimea

2 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

the BG stages before they were even written and may be set up for Saturday

callin' NO FAIR on them cheatin' gamey b*#tards

I was wondering where the hell those stages went, I guess now I know. It want help a thing they will have forgotten anything learned by match time.

Anyway we got a few new things on the schedule for this year: we are having a 300 yard buffalo  side match on Friday afternoon for the big guns, pistol caliber will be on Thursday. On Thursday we are having Pro Steel introduction shoot with pistol caliber carbines. If you don't have one bring some 9mm ammo and you are welcome to shoot mine. It is fun!! All steel with many knock down targets. Also bring your 22 rifle we having a special 22 side match. And if you are lucky enough to be here on Tuesday evening our local Pats Snack Bar, world famous hamburgers will be opening up the bar just for Black Gold!!!!!!  I will try and get a full schedule out soon. Everybody have e safe trip.

Joe, how many rounds are shot in a normal PCC match....wondering how many rounds to bring.

Kajun

Probable 100 rounds on this PCC match.   More if you want to shoot more, going to try and leave the stages set up all week.

I am not shore exactly  on how the 22 match  works, it  is a point set up match.  Double Eagle Dave and the boys at Hooten Ol Town been doing it and are bringing up for us.   I think lever action, but ain't shore.

ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW AND FUN AT BLACK GOLD !!!

Told y’all we had a lot of good stuff scheduled.  And the side of the kitchen is the pond folks. The back is where the little cabin is. You bunch of crazy cowboys. I bet it doesn’t matter what I say, y’all can go on and on about it....       like- snicker doodle.  Ok, let’s hear your tales.......

1 minute ago, ironmaiden said:

Told y’all we had a lot of good stuff scheduled.  And the side of the kitchen is the pond folks. The back is where the little cabin is. You bunch of crazy cowboys. I bet it doesn’t matter what I say, y’all can go on and on about it....       like- snicker doodle.  Ok, let’s hear your tales.......

It was a dark and stormy night in the hills of Kentucky at a place called the Ponderosa Pines. There was a faint smell of snicker doodles in the air and Iron Maiden was covertly working on her tid bits behind the kitchen near the pond.  All of a sudden.....

Kajun

12 minutes ago, ironmaiden said:

Do you remember the time that.....wait, that happened at Black Gold.  Well, there was that incident....no, that was at Black Gold.  How about when Blackwater, Whiskey Creek, TN Tombstone and a few others...dang it, that was at Black Gold, too!  Seems as if all the good stuff happens at Black Gold.  And we all know....WHAT HAPPENS AT BLACK GOLD STAYS AT BLACK GOLD!  So if y'all want to be a part of, want to witness, or just kain't stand missin out on the most fun allowed by law(well, most of it anyway) ya better make sure yer at Ponderosa Pines for the world famous BLACK GOLD SHOOTOUT!

Titus A.(who :wub: snickerdoodles) Gnatsass

7 hours ago, ironmaiden said:

Is that the little cabin where all the snakes hang out?

Snakes like snicker-doodles, I have heard.

However I have never had a snicker-doodle.

Speaking of snicker-doodles has anyone heard from or about Skittles? I need to be on my guard.

Waimea

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

Is that the little cabin where all the snakes hang out?

Snakes like snicker-doodles, I have heard.

However I have never had a snicker-doodle.

Speaking of snicker-doodles has anyone heard from or about Skittles? I need to be on my guard.

Waimea

I'll check with/on Skittles tomorrow!! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

Skittles....aka The Sneaky Shepherd?:rolleyes:

That's him!!

Skittles did say those snickerdoodles were not BAAAAAAD

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Skittles did say those snickerdoodles were not BAAAAAAD

595004d4a76c2_78A1FB85-71B3-4B88-AF5A-03D1662F92D5(1)-Copy.JPG.779920e35dd9229373bd4eeabe41799e.JPG

Ms Bo, I have dinner covered Monday if we can find an oven the tray will fit in.

If you are going to be there on Monday, come hungry, I have made enough lasagna to feed a small army.

I talked to Skittles while ago and he is doubtful for the party this year!!  His help is not helping and his boss is keeping him covered up!!  

Say's he'll be there in spirit!!

1 minute ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Ms Bo, I have dinner covered Monday if we can find an oven the tray will fit in.

If you are going to be there on Monday, come hungry, I have made enough lasagna to feed a small army.

YUUUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Yer makin lasagna for my birthday!  I always knew there was sumthin' I liked about ya!:P  Wonder whut might be on tap for dessert...maybe some APPLE PIE!:wub:

Titus A.(this will be 8 years in a row spendin my birthday at Black Gold) Gnatsass

1 hour ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

Yer makin lasagna for my birthday!  I always knew there was sumthin' I liked about ya!:P  Wonder whut might be on tap for dessert...maybe some APPLE PIE!:wub:

Titus A.(this will be 8 years in a row spendin my birthday at Black Gold) Gnatsass

And this'll be eight years that I've been there to help you celebrate it!!

4 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Fannie says she'll fix a big salad to go with the lasagna.:)

Durn.  Petey won't get us there til Wednesday.  But Petey don't like lasagna anyway (can you imagine?).  But I do.

10 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

I like lasagna, but we can't be there til Thursday....:(

Given the bunch you're talkin' about, there ain't likely to be ANY leftovers!!:lol: :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Given the bunch you're talkin' about, there ain't likely to be ANY leftovers!!:lol: :rolleyes:

Don't worry, Cali!1  I never saw ANYONE leave there hungry unless they were trying to!!  Come to think of it, I never saw ANYBODY leave there hungry, PERIOD!!!

I made it big enough for 60 candles, Just dont think we need the added heat that fire would bring.

Archived