SASS Wire Forum

BLACK GOLD SHOOTOUT 2018 !!!!

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Tombstone,

We shot an Outlaw match last year on Thursday, because I shot in it.  I think it was 5 stages, but it may have only been 3.

I seem to recall a couple of years ago, we ran the Outlaw match with dedicated spotters, TOs, and score keeper and had it done in short order.  It was FAST and fun!!

23 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I seem to recall a couple of years ago, we ran the Outlaw match with dedicated spotters, TOs, and score keeper and had it done in short order.  It was FAST and fun!!

Dedicated spotters......in "Outlaw" talk does that mean the same thing as paid?  Did everyone shoot a clean match?  :D

Kajun

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Dedicated spotters......in "Outlaw" talk does that mean the same thing as paid?  Did everyone shoot a clean match?  :D

Kajun

I must have been behind the door when the pay checks were being handed out.

It was fast and furious though.:lol:

Waimea

4 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

.a month to go and I don't have anything to wear yet

Miss Mary, keep in mind it's gonna be hotter than hell's hinges.  Don't worry about whatchu gonna look like.  We're just glad you're gonna be there.

2 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Kajun

The spotters, score keeper, TOs, etc. didn’t shoot.  I think they may have received a ration of lemonade or something similar.

We have numerous ways of surviving the heat. Different levels of dress and abundant refreshments are key. We also look out for each other!

Cali! We all know you’ll come up with a wardrobe suitable for the occasion!!

Women shooters have soooooo many dress options and the coolest ones receive great admiration from the male shooters.

Titus!!  You're my brother and I love ya', but that and the gold lemay  WITHOUT the overalls are perfect illustrations of the need for BRAIN BLEACH!!!! :lol: :o :lol: B)

What I failed to mention in the previous post is that there is ALWAYS plenty of brain bleach at Black Gold!!!  ;):rolleyes:B)

8 hours ago, Hollywood Dave said:

Waimea, is Joe making an outlaw posse, or has he in the past ?

In the past the Outlaws have shot more or less together.

This year ????

But the good news is we all get to have fun together after the shooting.:lol:

Waimea

58 minutes ago, Jackalope said:

Not a "face booker"...  Do you reckon Miss Bo will get them on Ponderosa Pines website?

Same here!! 

Schoolmarm facebooks, but I'm not allowed.  Seems my politically incorrect nature isn't  acceptable over there!! :rolleyes: :o :lol:

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Same here!! 

Schoolmarm facebooks, but I'm not allowed.  Seems my politically incorrect nature isn't  acceptable over there!! :rolleyes: :o :lol:

Backwater, I did see your name on a poster at the Post Office! :o

Kajun

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Schoolmarm facebooks, but I'm not allowed.  Seems my politically incorrect nature isn't  acceptable over there!! 

Nonsense.  They've kept me & Del Rio Donna.

1 minute ago, MizPete said:

Nonsense.  They've kept me & Del Rio Donna.

I’ll explain in a couple of weeks when we’re face to face.  It would get me banned here too!!:rolleyes:

17 hours ago, ironmaiden said:

Posse list is on Facebook under Black Gold shootout

I was just on the FB page and it lists who’s coming, but I didn’t see posse assignments. Did I miss something?

25 minutes ago, Sweet & Sassy Cindy said:

I was just on the FB page and it lists who’s coming, but I didn’t see posse assignments. Did I miss something?

Posse assignments are usually made close to the match date due to the ever changing list of who is attending.  The list grows and some people have schedule changes and can't make it.  You'll have fun regardless of what posse you shoot on.....Black Gold is just that kind of match.  Don't worry about the posse you are on, just make sure you can 'rise up' every morning and recuperate from the night before so you can shoot reasonable straight :blink::ph34r:

Kajun

6 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Posse assignments are usually made close to the match date due to the ever changing list of who is attending.  The list grows and some people have schedule changes and can't make it.  You'll have fun regardless of what posse you shoot on.....Black Gold is just that kind of match.  Don't worry about the posse you are on, just make sure you can 'rise up' every morning and recuperate from the night before so you can shoot reasonable straight :blink::ph34r:

Kajun

Thanks Kajun,

I know, I was just asking and I’m excited about meeting new fellow SASS shooters and seeing all the good folks I’ve met in the last 6 months I’ve been shooting!! See y’all there:D

4 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Kajun

You realize you have to prove each morning that you can stagger in a straight line before you are allowed to shoot.

1 hour ago, Noz said:

You realize you have to prove each morning that you can stagger in a straight line before you are allowed to shoot.

By Saturday morning, just who determines what is a straight line?  

3 hours ago, Noz said:

oh great....NOW ya tell me......:rolleyes:

Mary yous could never walk a straight line when your sober.:D:P

Drink buttermilk.

I do know how to administer roadside tests for impairment. I never had the heart to arrest anybody, unless the were JA’s and really put folks in danger. Besides,:PI could never walk in a straight line sober

4 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

By Saturday morning, just who determines what is a straight line?  

That would be the most level headed of the group, Whiskey Creek Johnson.

I am hanging on to every post on this thread cause this is the only fun I'm going to get out of Black Gold this year.  My best friend is a radiation machine until July 24th.

Ya'll have fun and designate someone to do something really stupid and blame me for it.

4 minutes ago, Noz said:

...That would be the most level headed of the group, Whiskey Creek Johnson....

OK, that's funny right there.  I don't care who you are, that's just funny.

:lol:

29 minutes ago, Noz said:

That would be the most level headed of the group, Whiskey Creek Johnson.

I have the utmost confidence that Whiskey Creek Johnson can recognize a straight line between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. most days.  He'll do just fine.

Guest Hollywood Dave
On 6/24/2018 at 3:15 PM, ironmaiden said:

No outlaw. Just as category in match. There will be a practice stage. 

I don't need practice,,,to miss., I can do that with my eyes closed. 

Archived