SASS Wire Forum

BLACK GOLD SHOOTOUT 2018 !!!!

We all sorta remember it, however that was Possum Trot and we all know that kind of thing does not happen at Pondarossa Pines. (Does it Waimea) No way no how, now back to Black Gold where the beer flows out of the walls, the magic lemonade comes from dispensers that hang around the building and the ground is soft, well, maybe that last one was a stretch. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That young feller we’re speaking of spent the rest of the night on the floor!  Me and his daddy figured he couldn’t handle gravity!

Yeah!  And he STILL won the match!  :o

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Yeah!  And he STILL won the match!  :o

Just wondering there Backwater, was any of Waimea’s permanent paid spotters riding in that Yankee bus? He may have won be he had to have some help! ;)

Kajun

Nah! This was several years ago at Possum Trot!!  RRR and the young man who shall remain nameless, got into a drinking and boasting contest on a Saturday evening after a good match.  The results were an empty bar, numerous hangovers, and the aforementioned happenings mentioned by Mizz Pete and yours truly!!

That young man may identify himself if he is inclined!!

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Just wondering there Backwater, was any of Waimea’s permanent paid spotters riding in that Yankee bus? He may have won be he had to have some help! ;)

Kajun

This was all good Southern boys and it was before Whyme’s time!!

On 6/11/2018 at 3:29 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

We all sorta remember it, however that was Possum Trot and we all know that kind of thing does not happen at Pondarossa Pines. (Does it Waimea) No way no how, now back to Black Gold where the beer flows out of the walls, the magic lemonade comes from dispensers that hang around the building and the ground is soft, well, maybe that last one was a stretch. 

I am well acquainted with gravity and it's ill effects. 

However I have found the antidote: don't pour ANYTHING from a canning jar in your cup. Just sip it, like it's s'posed to be. There, gravity is your friend once again.:lol:

Kajun, where do you come up with the idea I have funds to pay spotters? :P

Not having gone to Possum Trot is one of the sorriest regrets of my life. Looking forward to hanging out with Bradley at Black Gold. We always get some great jobs at Ponderosa Pines. Usually has to do with plumbing. 

Waimea

I only got to shoot the last Possum Trot but it will remain imbedded in my memory forever as the best all out shoot I've ever attended.

10 hours ago, Noz said:

I only got to shoot the last Possum Trot but it will remain imbedded in my memory forever as the best all out shoot I've ever attended.

Thankfully, the cowboy family that helped make Possum what it was is alive and well at Ponderosa Pines.  A little of that magic followed them to our new home!!!

NOZ, ol' buddy!!  You're a part of it!!

14 hours ago, Noz said:

Did it look anything like this?

Posse9amp10_zps4b5d5b24.jpg

51 minutes ago, Lucky R. K. said:

Did it look anything like this?

Posse9amp10_zps4b5d5b24.jpg

Only thing that needs saying here is,  "Posse Ten!"

That's me between Buck D Law(kneeling) and Fire and Fallback.

Also a point of pride for me is altho Miss Lorrie does not shoot sh was awarded Spirit of the game for her scorekeeping, brass picking and general usefulness to the posse.

Good memories.

Buck was the only shooter on the posse shooting smokeless and if I remember right we had seven or eight Frontiersmen.  Kneeling in the front row with the brown duster and big black hat is one of the nicest folk in SASS, Split Rail.

You're right Lucky!!  I shot Josey Wales in that match!!  It was me and Lucky LeRoy and I think Imis that shot that one with all them pistols!!  

Was the last big match that Schoolmarm shot!!

Onlyest year I wore that mangy straw hat!! The hat was a gift!!

I'm soooo thankful that Copperhead and family have worked and pushed to keep up the spirit that we enjoyed so much back then!!  I KNOW ol' Smokin' Joe smiles every time we get together and carry on at Ponderosa Pines!! 

Bison Richard, I have heard it mentioned in planning so I am going to say yes there will be. Of course you might be in charge of it but what the heck.

On 6/11/2018 at 4:24 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Nah! This was several years ago at Possum Trot!!  RRR and the young man who shall remain nameless, got into a drinking and boasting contest on a Saturday evening after a good match.  The results were an empty bar, numerous hangovers, and the aforementioned happenings mentioned by Mizz Pete and yours truly!!

That young man may identify himself if he is inclined!!

Yea Ray and I definitely had a good time that night, and a very rough morning the next day.

Hey!!  Sidekick!!  You are comin' ta' the party again this year, RIGHT???

24 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Hey!!  Sidekick!!  You are comin' ta' the party again this year, RIGHT???

I wouldn't miss it!

7 hours ago, Sidekick said:

I wouldn't miss it!

B)

Well there will be a wild bunch shoot. There will also be a pro steel match. So bring your 9 millimeter carbines. Miss Cindy, I will take you under my wing!  Bring extra ammo for cool side match.  Sorry, but no black powder match this year. Will shoot it as your category in the regular match. Check with Jackaloupe for info on champeen of hillbilly, king of kaboom, and sultan of smoke.  I think that this will be the best year ever. At least I hope. Got so much going on. Can’t wait to see everyone. And remember, what goes on at Black Gold, somehow goes on Facebook! Lol

Thank y’all for the Possom Trot nostalgia. It always amazes me when I think about how great of a shooter that young man is but can’t keep from rolling out of bed. (Sidekick)!

Miz Maiden, you know I don't care about them poles one way or the other, but I'm thinking them that don't like what goes on at Black Gold ought to find something else to do that week.  Just my 2 (where the heck did the cent sign go???).  (($.02??))

5 hours ago, ironmaiden said:

Thank y’all for the Possom Trot nostalgia. It always amazes me when I think about how great of a shooter that young man is but can’t keep from rolling out of bed. (Sidekick)!

The one thing I learned at Possum Trot is that if you fall out of the bed you will never live it down.

25 minutes ago, Sidekick said:

The one thing I learned at Possum Trot is that if you fall out of the bed you will never live it down.

Yeah!!  But you can brag forever about how well you shot under such horrendous circumstances!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On 6/18/2018 at 12:12 PM, ironmaiden said:

Well there will be a wild bunch shoot. There will also be a pro steel match. So bring your 9 millimeter carbines. Miss Cindy, I will take you under my wing!  Bring extra ammo for cool side match.  Sorry, but no black powder match this year. Will shoot it as your category in the regular match. Check with Jackaloupe for info on champeen of hillbilly, king of kaboom, and sultan of smoke.  I think that this will be the best year ever. At least I hope. Got so much going on. Can’t wait to see everyone. And remember, what goes on at Black Gold, somehow goes on Facebook! Lol

Will there be a warm up match....or at least a stage where we can shoot it multiple times during the side matches.  I've always used the BP match to make sure everything works well before the main match....no road trip gremlins made their way into ma shootin' irons on the trip up there.

Kajun

3 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

IM,

Will there be an Outlaw shoot this year on Thursday?

You volunteering to shoot an Outlaw, Mongo?:lol:

17 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

IM,

Will there be an Outlaw shoot this year on Thursday?

I'm thinkin it has been replaced with a pistol caliber carbine match.

13 hours ago, Waimea said:

You volunteering to shoot an Outlaw, Mongo?:lol:

Don't go giving folks ideas.

It has been a few years since we ran an independent Outlaw match. Unless I have agreed to something I forgot, the answer is no Outlaw match just a really large Outlaw Category.

Well y’all,

I can say this, I was corrupted long ago:P When I’m at home on the farm with Hollywood Dave, I tow the line. Get me near party folks and I never know what happens!!! 

See y'all there:D

Archived