SASS Wire Forum

BLACK GOLD SHOOTOUT 2018 !!!!

I.M.,

I can see it clearly now!  Red clown noses for everybody, the world famous balloon animal contest, relay races with giant clown shoes, and the inaugural pie in the face contest!  Mix in crazy cowboys and cowgirls and liberal amounts of beer, Copperhead juice and other various libations.

With the recent breach in Facebook security, we might need make sure no photographic evidence leaves the venue.  What happens at Black Gold, stays at Black Gold.

Unless, of course, I manage to get some good dirt on Waimea.B)  

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IM left out a few things, Pats has offered to host us on Tuesday night for those of you who want to come up early, $1 beers and $2 shots, maybe a band even. Also we will be ridding out on Wednesday morning for our motorcycle ride. Looks like a really good one this year.

Come one Come All for the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN .....  AND CHILDREN OF ALL AGES!!!

This IS the most fun for the buck you will EVER have in SASS!!  Better sign up now!!  

Well, well, well, this thing looks like it's shapin up to be another good one!  And since everyone is speculating on all the possible circus events to be on display, I've just got one word for ya to ponder.... funambulism.  Titus just might reach new heights this year in an effort to please the crowd!

1 hour ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

Well, well, well, this thing looks like it's shapin up to be another good one!  And since everyone is speculating on all the possible circus events to be on display, I've just got one word for ya to ponder.... funambulism.  Titus just might reach new heights this year in an effort to please the crowd!

I don't know about new heights.....let's just say yore walking the line on this one! ;)

Kajun

On 3/23/2018 at 8:01 AM, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Unless, of course, I manage to get some good dirt on Waimea.B)  

There is no dirt to be had on Waimea.

Move along.:lol:

On 3/23/2018 at 8:12 AM, Tn Tombstone said:

IM left out a few things, Pats has offered to host us on Tuesday night for those of you who want to come up early, $1 beers and $2 shots, maybe a band even. Also we will be ridding out on Wednesday morning for our motorcycle ride. Looks like a really good one this year.

Come one Come All for the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH

Guess that just made up my mind.

Do you need a caboose for your Motorcycle train?

W

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

If any of them ride a Harley, somebody is going to have to follow with a trailer.

Those other "motor bikes"  ain't got no soul and besides!!!  Where's yer sense of adventure???  <_< :lol: B)

My old Harley has been on a trailer a time or two, but It's got a third of a million miles on it and it's older than my son!!  I may have to fix it now and then, but it STILL runs and it'll be worth more than ANY other brand it's age if my grandson decides to sell it after I'm dead and gone!!  'Sides!!  With a few hand tools, I can fix anything on mine by myself!!!  It ain't been to a dealership in, well..........since I've owned it!!!!   We had to haul it back on one of these rides as a matter of fact, but I rode it the next week and and it has been running ever since. :wub:

I'd rather push a Harley or an old Indian than to ride any other brand!!  I just now realized, I've owned this old iron for thirty years!! :o B)

I hear Tombstone has a great route plotted for this years ride!!  Even if ya' DON'T have a Harley or an Injun, you'll still probably enjoy the ride!! ;) B) :o :lol:

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I hear Tombstone has a great route plotted for this years ride!!  Even if ya' DON'T have a Harley or an Injun, you'll still probably enjoy the ride!! ;) B) :o :lol:

I didn't have a trailer behind the pickup last year but Mrs Waimea and I had a blast following along.

Tuning up the band!  Got some great new old numbers working for the show this year!!

Sing HOTEL CALIFORNIA for me!

How about "Witchy Woman" or "Peaceful Easy Feeling"??

19 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

How about "Witchy Woman" or "Peaceful Easy Feeling"??

Witchy Woman will work!!

16 hours ago, MizPete said:

Honky Tonk Women?

We could dedicate it to you?? :lol:

That might be a pickup/jam song!!  Not my favorite Stones' song but it's a garage band icon!!

And NOW!!  All the news that is the news!! 

I made my weekly visit to the foot doctor this morning!!  He has released me from the wound care treatments!!  There is NO open wound on my foot as of today.  I have experienced no bleeding or drainage for two whole weeks and the tissue is solid.  I can now stand for short periods of time on the bad foot like when I'm cooking or fixing myself a sandwich and I may move a few steps like back and forth between the fridge and counter.  I can now stand and brush my teeth or wash my face and hands!!!  I can move to and from the stage to do a show and during breaks, but I must do most of the show from a stool.  I CAN WEAR A NORMAL SHOE again!!  I'm allowed to take the steps required to retrieve my scooter or crutches from the back of the car/truck.

I STILL have to use the crutches or scooter for shopping or to come and go to restaurants or the movies, or in preparation for a show.  I'll be able to move about more in a couple or three weeks when the skin toughens up and becomes thicker.  I SHOULD be able to move about freely and maybe be in shape to complete the stages at our little event this year.  Maybe not at speed, but that's okay.

AND YES!!  I'm behaving!!  Not like I should in some instances, but nothin' that will jeopardize the foot!!

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

And NOW!!  All the news that is the news!! 

AND YES!!  I'm behaving!!  Not like I should in some instances, but nothin' that will jeopardize the foot!!

AND GOOD NEWS IT IS!:) 

You....behave....I'll believe that when I see it!:P

I like clowns, if you cook them right they taste like Spotted Owls.

Schoolmarm don't like clowns much.  She'da never married me if I'd worn makeup when I was clowning around!!! :o  :lol: :lol:

2 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I like clowns, if you cook them right they taste like Spotted Owls.

I don't eat clowns anymore.  They taste funny.

1 hour ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

Speakin of clowns, ain't heard much outta that crazy cajun, Krazy Kajun!  I'll bet he's out a practicin fer the Hillbilly 'lympics!

Wuz some clown paging me?

Kajun

The Ballad of the Uneasy Rider. Two of my Classmates were members of Charlie’s band back then. One of them is STILL a close friend and plays with us occasionally!  Barry Barnes is pictured in the permanent display at the County Music Hall of Fame featuring County Outlaws. Good friend and consummate guitar player!

I’ve performed that song, but never with the current band!! 

It’s a thought!!

47 minutes ago, ironmaiden said:

Tears of a clown, cathy’s Clown

DANG, Cindy!!  Those are some real oldies.  Again!  I've done those songs LOOOOOONG ago.  Never with this bunch of guys!!  they ARE fun numbers!!

Archived