SASS Wire Forum

BLACK GOLD SHOOTOUT 2018 !!!!

23 hours ago, Johnny Harlan said:

Waimea, me n you the only ones tough enough for tents again this year?

Tent City, Johnny.

That's a nice spot out by the pond too.

Don't feel all crowded in by them expensive campers.:lol:

Waimea

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful Johnny!  Waimea started taking on the characteristics of the "Creature form the Black Lagoon" by the end of the weekend from camping to close to that pond.  On second thought, those mannerisms might have been caused by his close proximity to the beer taps in the pavilion or the "Copperhead Juice" in the fridge.   

TN Williams,  you

9 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

I just sent my form in a week or so ago. Tried finding a room after. Looks like I may be tenting too. Or truckin, lol.

Got a killer spot with your name on it pal.  Right beside me and Waimea.  I have a hearty crew rollin in with me,  Jim Powder & Crosscut Dave.  We will have a blast!!!

27 minutes ago, Johnny Harlan said:

TN Williams,  you

Got a killer spot with your name on it pal.  Right beside me and Waimea.  I have a hearty crew rollin in with me,  Jim Powder & Crosscut Dave.  We will have a blast!!!

Sounds like it Johnny! This will be my first year and Im looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

Sounds like it Johnny! This will be my first year and Im looking forward to it!

Schoolmarm will be tickled to hear you're gonna' be there!!  Another part of the family will be here to represent!!!

19 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Be careful Johnny!  Waimea started taking on the characteristics of the "Creature form the Black Lagoon" by the end of the weekend from camping to close to that pond.  On second thought, those mannerisms might have been caused by his close proximity to the beer taps in the pavilion or the "Copperhead Juice" in the fridge.   

It was the Shine Incident that created the creature.

It was not my finest hour.

We shall speak of it no more.

:ph34r:

Waimea

57 minutes ago, Waimea said:

It was the Shine Incident that created the creature.

It was not my finest hour.

We shall speak of it no more.

:ph34r:

Waimea

So is there photographic or video evidence of this creature available for viewing? :lol:

Kajun

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

So is there photographic or video evidence of this creature available for viewing? :lol:

Kajun

Hopefully not.

What happens at BG, stays at BG.

Waimea

11 minutes ago, THREE CUT said:

You hope so

Free Cut....you gonna be at BG this year?

Kajun

You fellars ain't gonna piddle in the lake and ruin my grandson's fishing are you?

Copperhead Juice is stuff that tastes like lemonaide but sneaks around and bites you when you aren't looking.   Makes reasonable people sing karaoke.

I guarntee it couldn't even make me sing karaoke.  I'm tone deaf, color blind, and got no rythym. I'm white and can't get down.

I will keep an eye on it, and see if I can make it down there. It's a5hour drive and I would love to meet some of ya'll.

All this tent city talk made me worry.  I just called the Heritage Inn to make sure that they still had our reservation that we made last shoot.  We're "good to go"!  As much as we love Waimea, Kitty Kat would divorce me if I made her stay in a tent.

Our applications our going in the mail this week. 

I'm afraid my tent camping days are over too.  My wife calls it sleeping on the ground with the bugs.  My son took all the backpacking stuff with him when he got stationed in California.   After sleeping in a cimate controlled camper, it's hard to go back.

10 hours ago, THREE CUT said:

I will be there

You gonna' bring Harris witch"???

Noz, idd be careful about fishin in that pond. Copperhead seems to stock it of the morning and night with some wierd species of Brown Trout. Sends em in through a 4" pvc pipe straight from his house. Must be a home grown setup.

5 hours ago, Johnny Harlan said:

Noz, idd be careful about fishin in that pond. Copperhead seems to stock it of the morning and night with some wierd species of Brown Trout. Sends em in through a 4" pvc pipe straight from his house. Must be a home grown setup.

I'm shore those little floaters are offset by the runoff from the Copperhead juice factory!

Kajun

On 3/16/2018 at 3:33 PM, Johnny Harlan said:

Cool Hand Luke ( not a registered alias) caught about a 3 pound channel cat lat year.

The drawing was held this afternoon after today’s five stages at the Crap Shoot for the “BLACK GOLD EXPERIENCE” package and I didn’t win!!  DANG!!!

CONGRATS TO DEUCE McCALL!!!

He’s the winner of this terrific prize package!!!

I'll say it now 'cause it needs to be said!!  If the Crap Shoot is any indication, y'all will LOVE the stages at Black Gold!!!   Straight forward, simple stages with excellent target placement and superb props!!

This match is gonna" ROCK!!!!

Just came back from Ides of March and have to say thanks again to Mustang Dave for putting me up in the luxurious Motor Home he's got.

Here's the problem with it:

Couldn't sleep.

I was laying there looking at the ceiling.

Maybe I just wasn't made for luxury.:(

Anyhow, I got a few more matches to try out the tent again.

Black Gold is TENT CAMPING!!!

I just love it.

Mongo, you gotta keep Miss Kitty Kat happy.

Make sure you take her to Dairy Queen every day.

Waimea

Waimea,

I've been told, no Dairy Queen for her would mean no adult beverages for me.  I guess we'll be taking multiple trips to Dairy Queen. 

Let me know when you start taking orders for your "no-miss" Outlaw Bullets for delivery at Black Gold.

14 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Waimea,

I've been told, no Dairy Queen for her would mean no adult beverages for me.  I guess we'll be taking multiple trips to Dairy Queen. 

Let me know when you start taking orders for your "no-miss" Outlaw Bullets for delivery at Black Gold.

Yeah! Put it on this thread  cause I want to order some as well.

HEY WYMEE!!  You gonna' have some more of those 170gr .45s again??

On 3/19/2018 at 11:07 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

I'll say it now 'cause it needs to be said!!  If the Crap Shoot is any indication, y'all will LOVE the stages at Black Gold!!!   Straight forward, simple stages with excellent target placement and superb props!!

This match is gonna" ROCK!!!!

Yeah right! Like the 3 musketeers stage?

Hated that one. could not get that sequence in my head.

To make it worse, T-Bone liked it and I had to shoot it again at Back at Cha.

On 3/13/2018 at 10:35 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Schoolmarm will be tickled to hear you're gonna' be there!!  Another part of the family will be here to represent!!!

It'll sure be good to see yall. Might give us somethin' to talk about at the reunion!

On 3/19/2018 at 8:40 PM, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Waimea,

That just not right.

An adult beverage judge shall not be infringed.:lol:

Y'all can order anytime.

Waimea

Well   Ithink that all of you newbies will have a great time. I hope! Theres a wild bunch match, black powder match, main match,side matches, man on man, and team shoot. Plenty of shooting.Maybe a little something extra this year too, so bring  plenty of ammo.  Then theres the free flowing Copperhead juice and kegs of beer. lots of other activities planned. Bluegrass band Friday night and Blackwater and Milkbone sat. night. Will be giving away lots of prizes. Don't forget the dessert, snack, homemade brew, and grilling contests!         Come one, come all, you are invited to the circus! See ya when you get here!

Oh, man..............

Archived