SASS Wire Forum

'Amos-T' has passed

Dead_Head

His wife, Carol, said last night,

He passed at 4:08am today.  Please ask that there be no posts on Facebook as I have not been able to reach all of our family.  Thank you for notifying his cowboy friends.  He truly missed shooting, but knew that the time had come to hang up his guns.  There will be a service in NH sometime in the spring or summer.”

Photos  of Amos-T from the White Mountain Regulators of NH website

Ray P. Carter AKA ‘Dead Head’

Prayers & condolences to family & friends from Dakota Skipper & the Dawg 

Amos T was a great guy. Always fun to have on the posse, always fun to talk to.

In real life he had been a tool and die maker, so he had plenty of skills to bring to CAS. His stagecoach guncart was as distinctive as he was.

I'm not sure the last time I saw him, it may have been this past season, it may have been a year ago, but I was glad to see him.

I'm not quite sure how old he was, I think he was pushing 90.

Vaya con Dios, Amos.

I never had the privilege of shooting with Amos T.  As with the passing of other SASS members and cowboy action shooters, I’m saddened for his family, friends, and our sport.  I know we would have become friends, if we had the chance.

Is it so strange to feel loss for a person I never met?   What a brotherhood we have become, and I am grateful, even though it is at times a source of sadness.

Being remembered and honored by friends and fellow competitors is special, it seems to me.  Well done, Amos T, to have lived such a life.

Prayers for Amos T....

Prayers for all who love him in this time of loss ...my heart is saddened by this news.....God bring peace and understanding to us all.....Jim

Amos-T and his gun cart.

AmosT_cart.jpg

Archived