SASS Wire Forum

Grizzly Dave?

Hardcase Hardin

1 minute ago, Hardcase Hardin said:

Haven't see any news (or maybe I missed it?) from Grizz.  Anyone know how he's gettin on with his recovery?

I've seen him on Facebook and another forum, I believe he's doing alright. If you put the @ symbol in front of someone's alias they should get a notification; like so: @Grizzly Dave 

He’s doing well and making great progress.

Howdy!  Sorry if I have been remiss.

After a week of bed rest to get past a minor infection, I am back on track and well ahead of schedule.  4 weeks post op and I am at -1 extension and 129 flexion, 134 with help.  I am doing the PT every day at home, and at the clinic once a week.  I am back to riding the stationary bike at least half an hour a day, was able to get back on it at 4 days post op.

I have progressed from the walker, to cane, to nothing and am doing well with it.

I am at that point where I am just about off the pain pills.  probably one more week and I'll be back to work, though just doing the PT is a full time job, don't know how I'll have time to go to the office LOL.

-1 extension and 129 flexion, 134 with help and 129 flexion, 134 with help

That sounds awesome!

(but I have no idea what it means)

:blink:

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That sounds awesome!

(but I have no idea what it means)

:blink:

Extension, is how flat you can get your leg, Zero is dead flat, and what the goal is, -3 is about the best you can hope for.

Flexion, is how far you can bend your knee.  From what I've read 120 or so is the goal most use, with about 135 the best you can hope for, but 140 in a rare case is possible.

There two are the major measurements in how you are doing with rehab, along with lessening of pain and strength which are harder to measure.

That's great news Grizz! I can tell you from experience that the PT is going to do you great good. That's one of the reasons I can walk now. Do the exercises, they will help.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to PT at the clinic today, and instead of warming me up and stretching me out before measuring range of motion, they measured me cold.  Extension was zero and flexion, knee bend was 148, I didn't even know that was possible.  Anyway, as I have exceeded all the goals they don't want to see me any more.  I still have work to do on strength, balance, and normal gait though.

I'm easing back into work, and normal life.  Still have pain and stiffness, but am told that should diminish with time and work.

16 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

"they don't want to see me any more"

Probably, NOT the first time you heard dat...:P

OLG

+1 But, glad to hear things are going well!

With you walking good and all your weight lost you are going to have to carry a sandwich sign that says " Yes I'm Grizzly Dave".

Are you going to make LandRun?

11 hours ago, Noz said:

With you walking good and all your weight lost you are going to have to carry a sandwich sign that says " Yes I'm Grizzly Dave".

Are you going to make LandRun?

YUP!  I'll be there!

Archived