SASS Wire Forum

-42 with wind chill

evil dogooder

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Contact me for instructions on how to become a snow bird.  You can enjoy the weather and Yavapai County can use the tourist dollars.

Yesterday afternoon was about 70 degrees, though the earl morning hours got down to 41.

I have no desire to see the desert.  I lived in Utah for 2 years .    I enjoy all 4 seasons of winter. Brisk, chilly , cold, and don't try moving it or it will break off :P

36 minutes ago, Charlie Whiskers said:

Minus 25 this morning. Suppose to get all the way up to 3 above sometime today. Then the heat wave kicks in. 20's, 30's and 1 40 above days for the next week.....or that's what the weather guesser's are predicting. That's the only profession I know of that you can be wrong 90% of the time and not get fired.

J Bar, are you going to go to Crusty's  Frostbite Falls shoot next Sunday? It starts at 10am. I'm not going but usually there's enough crazy people that will....you'll fit right in and have free Chili. :lol:

:lol: I might give it a whirl. I think I've only been to two, but we shoot from a nice warm building so...

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 12:13 PM, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

I gotta salute you far north Yankee's.   You got a degree of toughness that this good ole Southern boy ain't got.

Of course, when it 85-100 outside, I'm enjoying every bit of it.

..........Widder

85-100 outside? Anything over 75 is a waste of heat.:lol:

5a4a9021b9238_NewcalfJanuary12018.jpg.a612958890c2feecdd3d9cfdccf4372a.jpg

Bright sun. Not a cloud in the sky.  I couldn't stand it.  I had to get out.

I was watching a cow having a calf all morning from the house.   Sawmill Mary walked down after lunch to check it but it hadn't had it yet. When she got back, I walked down and by that time, she had had it. 

I'm just wondering what the calf is thinking - warm inside mom one minute and plopped out in 0 degree temperature the next. Life can be cruel.  

All down my road are tracks coming in from the side - elk, deer, coyotes, fox, raccoon, cats, etc., which then follow the road for awhile before bounding over the berm, taking a couple steps, then "NOPE", and back over the berm onto the road. :lol: The only tracks I saw continuing across the road were from a small group of four or five elk.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:17 AM, Wolfgang, SASS #53480 said:

Hi Folks . . . . It was very pleasant at the swap meet yesterday wandering around in my shirt sleeves.   I was happy to find someone on roadside with fire wood for sale and bought half a cord.  I does get a bit chilly here at night.  Been getting as low as the high thirties some times.   :o

You all stay WARM.  I am thinking of you . . . . . :)

And just what are you thinking, Wolfgang, as we freeze bodyparts?

Got down to -43 not counting the wind Sat Morning ,,, only -32 this morning ....

Nice Winter Day right Now Up to a Balmy -18 right now .... With two feet of snow ....

Jabez Cowboy

Wow. I'm not going to even began complaining about the -3 degrees it was here this morning. Of course, I was outside working in it...

8 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

I have no desire to see the desert.  I lived in Utah for 2 years .    I enjoy all 4 seasons of winter. Brisk, chilly , cold, and don't try moving it or it will break off :P

I lived in northern Utah for 23 years.  Have no reason to ever go back.

Our desert here is somewhat different from what you saw in Utah... or would see in any other place.

As to this fascination with freezing off usable body parts and appendages, I have to ask: how far back in your family does this streak of insanity run? :o  :lol: 

4 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Wow. I'm not going to even began complaining about the -3 degrees it was here this morning. Of course, I was outside working in it...

I was out clearing my drive with my Tractor ,,,, with NO cab ...

The drive is about 500 yards long ....

Jabez Cowboy

Cold snap here as well: -38 this AM with the wind chill.

Sure is keeping the mosquitoes and Black Flies at bay though.

Geez that's cold, reckon we are spoilt down-under ..never do we get temperatures like that, maybe a -5 on rare occasions in some of the southern states  but in our state  of Queensland  it's shorts all year if you wish, & importantly you can strap on the holsters every  w'end if you a mind to.

Now summer time is different...bloody hot !!!!

It's Springtime for the week anyway. Yesterday at 7am the thermometer showed 27(F) BELOW Zero. This morning at 7:15 am the same thermometer showed 25(F) ABOVE Zero. That's a mere 52 degree difference. Now the weather guessers are claiming 30's with a possible 40 tossed in for the rest of the week. Then back to the teens by next Tuesday. MAYBE...with luck this desert warm streak will melt some of that 20+ inches of fluffy white crud. :unsure:

Air temp 7 degrees, wind chill 10 below.

This frosty snail is a centrifugal blower.

D14ACCCF-35E5-4AC3-AD17-20E7A5200651.jpeg

On 1/1/2018 at 1:31 PM, Warden Callaway said:

It's sure cold over most of the country.   But if you really want to feel cold, watch this.

This is just the propaganda picture we use in Wyoming, it keeps the riff raff out. Sure hope the snow melts by June.

As noted previously, IT IS 17 in Tennessee today. Yall can have this Yankee stuff. I want my shirtsleeves winter back.

Imis There's a reason I dont live in CO anymore, and it has nothing to do with a young ladys fathers threats.

On 12/31/2017 at 6:38 AM, Warden Callaway said:

Son and I drove around central Minnesota on Saturday and Sunday just to get away from the women folk.  

Sounds like the start of a folk song.........or one of them really interesting stories ya hear in a bar.

Archived