SASS Wire Forum

AR Owners v. AK Owners

Subdeacon Joe

When I read the caption, I thought this was going to be about property owners in Arkansas and Alaska!!!!

In a cowboy gun forum?   Well, duh......Guess it's too late at night to expect the ole' brain to work very well.

36 minutes ago, Dr. O. R. Vet said:

When I read the caption, I thought this was going to be about property owners in Arkansas and Alaska!!!!

In a cowboy gun forum?   Well, duh......Guess it's too late at night to expect the ole' brain to work very well.

Do you think it's going to be any better in the morning???

TL

44 minutes ago, Dr. O. R. Vet said:

In th’ s’loon, we talk about everything allowed 

You know, Smokey the Bear has bothered me for years. "Only YOU can..." Do you know what kind of pressure that puts on a guy? I can't be everywhere, but he says I'm the only one who can do it. No wonder I'm so stressed.

6 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

In th’ s’loon, we talk about everything allowed 

Even if you're having trouble spelling it, ALWAYS CAPITALIZE SALOON!!!

gawl dang friggish schniggish

... and that distant braying sound is me, laughing ...

53 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

:P saloon

All right, now you gone and done it. You gonna be in SO much trouble. Black Peter's gonna bring you switches.

I've had both and liked 'em!!   OH!!  I'm so conflicted!! <_<

I tried real hard to like AK's. They are not built for people that are built like me. (How's that for not insulting shorter people...Oh, wait...)

I guess I like AR's a little bit better. At least you have a lot more options with an AR. 

To be honest, for just plain tough guns, I would take an SKS over both if it were my only option. But it's not ;)

20 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I've had both and liked 'em!!   OH!!  I'm so conflicted!! <_<

Room for everything. No conflict at all. ;)

These days new AR15's can be less expensive than AK's.  I remember before Roberti Roos (the 1st AWB in CA) went into effect a stamped receiver AK could be had for a 1/3rd less than an AR15 & SKS for even less.

2 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Don’t nobody here remember what “ACS” stands for?  Geez, I is feeling old. 

Always Capitalize Saloon!

One of the first things I learned when I came here.

I don't have any pictures of me with my AR.

I have plenty of me with an M16A1, M16A2 or M4, but this is the only one I seem to have loaded on this computer, and I'm too lazy to go hunt down disks and thumb drives for a better one.

IMG_0217.JPG

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Room for everything. No conflict at all. ;)

when I worked women -- 22 of them -- I told them they could say anything they wanted to me.  The bad news was they had to listen to what they got back.  Isn't this the cowboy way?

8 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

These days new AR15's can be less expensive than AK's.  I remember before Roberti Roos (the 1st AWB in CA) went into effect a stamped receiver AK could be had for a 1/3rd less than an AR15 & SKS for even less.

Only paid $499 for my WASR and its a solid shooter.  Moment of man at 100 yds with open sights.  I'm happy with that.  Lots of options available these days too.

unnamed.jpg

I had sold all 3 of my AR’s. I regret selling the last one. So I decided to duplicate the build with the exact same components. I bought a lower receiver for the build. I have found that it would be cheaper just to buy an upper than to build one. Weird.

56 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I thought you had to hold an AK over your head for it to shoot.:D

image.jpeg

That must be why he is holding it sideways. So he can still use the sights. :D

Archived