SASS Wire Forum

Santa came early

Go West

I purchased a S&W Shield in .45 some time ago that included a special "package" of accessories besides it being on sale. Today the package came in: two factory mags, 2- 20 round boxes of Hornady Critical Defense hollow points and a Caldwell mag loader. This gun is a soft shooting wonder considering the light weight and small size. I've had a Shield in 9mm for some time that I really like and the .45 is very similar. The grip surface is rougher than on the 9mm, but isn't objectionable except perhaps against bare skin. The accessory package was for AZ and others that was in lieu of a $75 cash rebate. I'm excited.

GO WEST,

Hot dog...sounds like you been a good ole boy this year.   

My Christmas present hasn't arrived YET, but it is a Browning Buckmark Contour URX 5.5 stainless in .22

I been a good boy also..... :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

..........Widder

4 hours ago, Kingair said:

NIce !

A .45 would be the only S&W Shield I would buy

Just curious why would that be the case?
I have all three - 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP accumulated from an original 9 purchased perhaps 6 years ago to the 45 I picked up last June. Price is good and while not a "sexy" gun they all go bang when asked.

The 9 is my daily carry, the 40 resides in the truck console, and the 45 has a home in the night stand. they all serve their purpose, seem accurate enough and have (so far) functioned flawlessly with my reloads (both jacketed and lead), Hornaday custom, white box Winchester, Ruger ARX, PMC brass and Remington green box.

Always looking to learn so help me out.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Ok....since the subject is S&W can I ask a question about MY new toy. I have a Ruger LCP 380...snappy little critter. I just got my newest toy today. A S&W M&P Bodyguard 380. The one with the thumb safety. It's a little bit heavier than the LCP. Do any of you have one of these? The safety on this devil almost needs a drift to set and release that safety. I'd say it's pretty darn safe since it's so stiff trying to get the safety off anyone I need to shoot will be very safe. How does a person loosen that up a bit?

I have no experience with the Bodyguard. I did get an LCP II that was also on sale. Isn't America great? Anyway, the revamped LCP II doesn't sting the hand like the 1st generation allegedly did. It came with a pocket holster and I recommend it as a very concealable piece. 

12 hours ago, Go West said:

I purchased a S&W Shield in .45 some time ago that included a special "package" of accessories besides it being on sale. Today the package came in: two factory mags, 2- 20 round boxes of Hornady Critical Defense hollow points and a Caldwell mag loader. This gun is a soft shooting wonder considering the light weight and small size. I've had a Shield in 9mm for some time that I really like and the .45 is very similar. The grip surface is rougher than on the 9mm, but isn't objectionable except perhaps against bare skin. The accessory package was for AZ and others that was in lieu of a $75 cash rebate. I'm excited.

If there ant no pics it didn't happen  lol

Rooster 

Archived