SASS Wire Forum

New western coming December 15, 2017

Dutch Wheeler

Some big names in this one.

Looking forward to taking this one in.

Looks Good... I'd love to see it!

BUT they only released it in LA & NYC.................... :wacko:

They do have a facebook page, here........ https://www.facebook.com/TheBalladofLeftyBrown/

Go there and tell those Dumbos that people in the Real World would like to see their Movie ! 

Looks good .

New York City ! :wacko:

I thought this was called ,

Balled of Lefty Brown ?

Not 

Broke back Mountain !

Don’t panic. It’s not unusual for fils to have limited releases in a few cities. Patience, young Grasshoppers. Patience.

Shouldn't a western be released in areas where the population might be more receptive to a western? Dallas/Ft Worth comes to mind... 

Just wondering. 

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Shouldn't a western be released in areas where the population might be more receptive to a western? Dallas/Ft Worth comes to mind... 

Just wondering. 

That’s not the big money market. So they stick to places like NY, LA etc. Hollywood. :rolleyes:

It was on Directv on demand. LONG.....SLOW.....Lots of killing of folks with little to no reason. Jeff should stick to Dumb and Dumber movies. To be semi fair I'd put it with Hateful Eight (that really sucked rocks) only a bit better than Eight.

13 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Just wondering. 

The limited release is so the movie is eligible for consideration in the Oscar Awards, it will be released to the rest of the country either later in December or more likely in January when the big December movies aren't grabbing all of the ticket sales.

21 hours ago, Charlie Whiskers said:

It was on Directv on demand. LONG.....SLOW.....Lots of killing of folks with little to no reason. Jeff should stick to Dumb and Dumber movies. To be semi fair I'd put it with Hateful Eight (that really sucked rocks) only a bit better than Eight.

Jeff Daniels ? 

Wrong Movie Charlie lol 

Just sayin

Rooster 

2 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Jeff Daniels ? 

Wrong Movie Charlie lol 

Just sayin

Rooster 

You're right...It has Bill Pullman they look the same with a beard....but I still think it was long and boring. The acting was ehhh. His friends weren't and his enemies were even worse. The one bright spot was Hanoi Jane's brother got smoked.

2 hours ago, Charlie Whiskers said:

You're right...It has Bill Pullman they look the same with a beard....but I still think it was long and boring. The acting was ehhh. His friends weren't and his enemies were even worse. The one bright spot was Hanoi Jane's brother got smoked.

Bill Pullman!  All I could come up with was "the POTUS in Independence Day"  :D

Yeah, it was slow mover, but I enjoyed it and would never lump it in with Hateful Eight.  Talk about senseless killing, Tarantino is a seriously twisted individual.  Never been a fan. 

Leftie's absolute commitment to finding his lifelong Pard's killer against incredible odds and opposition and his sense of right was the draw perhaps, for me.  But then I'm becoming a sentimental (with focus on the mental part) old fool these days.

8 minutes ago, Hardcase Hardin said:

Bill Pullman!  All I could come up with was "the POTUS in Independence Day"  :D

Yeah, it was slow mover, but I enjoyed it and would never lump it in with Hateful Eight.  Talk about senseless killing, Tarantino is a seriously twisted individual.  Never been a fan. 

Leftie's absolute commitment to finding his lifelong Pard's killer against incredible odds and opposition and his sense of right was the draw perhaps, for me.  But then I'm becoming a sentimental (with focus on the mental part) old fool these days.

What really burnt my cookies was he's trying to avenge his buddy's murder. His buddy's widow and all of the ranch hands tries to kill him. That was just stupid.

I looked up what he's been in. Both ID's, Spaceballs, Ruthless People, Wyatt Earp, a League of their own...quite a few actually.

I made it  threw the Hateful Eight .

I guess I can make it threw Lefty Brown lol 

Rooster

3 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I made it  threw the Hateful Eight .

I guess I can make it threw Lefty Brown lol 

Rooster

Well Rooster....you did better than me. I made it to about the 45 minute mark and had all I could take of that POS movie. Tarantino is another REAL strange person that makes me wonder how he got this far.

12 hours ago, Charlie Whiskers said:

Well Rooster....you did better than me. I made it to about the 45 minute mark and had all I could take of that POS movie. Tarantino is another REAL strange person that makes me wonder how he got this far.

Tarantino is different for sure .

All though It was a very slow movie .

It had its moments .

I thought it was OK .

Marry Christmas to all

Rooster 

Archived