SASS Wire Forum

What DID Happen to the WIRE resulting in a Mass Exodus

Father Kit Cool Gun Garth

Boomstick, I am a member of the SASS Guns and Ammo page.  I do not like how you seem to think you have the right to come here and tell outright lies about the page and the people who post there.  Every thread there has a similar thread right here on the Wire.  The only difference is that the mods over there do not play favorites, and give people the chance to have meaningful discussions.  

If you pay attention to the names of the people who post there, and know anything about Wire members, you will see many SASS members there who no longer post here.  Most of them are shooters with a great deal of knowledge and expertise along with the willingness to share that knowledge and expertise.  

It is a shame that you have decide to defame a good resource and its members!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Its your fault RYE.   It happened shortly after you switched from BP to the smokyless stuff..... ;)

..........Widder

Oh geeez, I'm sorry folks!!! I didn't know the "Soot Lords" were that powerful!!!:P

14 hours ago, CodyMaverick said:

I figure I didn't get invited or just missed the memo. :blush:

I'm on here a lot and I can't tell who's missing either.  :huh: 

Did anyone check to see if they left a note? :ph34r:

CodyMaverick:

Yes they did.

5a2a9b33b2acf_BeBackSoon-Iamlost-RESIZED.jpg.911b847baafa04d7d44f15a8025054e8.jpg

13 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Its your fault RYE.   It happened shortly after you switched from BP to the smokyless stuff..... ;)

..........Widder

That's it. Rye switched?? 

Anyway, per this thread - all I know is I can post on the FB SASS pages without feeling I'm walking on thin ice. The freedom/expression is better - for me. Others? YMMV and that's why we enjoy our America. I do chime in once in awhile here...obviously :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

31 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Now that's funny!  I do miss you Rye.  It's been a long time since we crossed paths.

13 hours ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

It seems to me that what is happening is the Wire is finally beginning to be SASS. It's taking on the same persona as we see at the range. I guess it's a bit boring if you're sitting at a keyboard instead of shooting, but I think that's a good thing. 

I think you have hit on what has happened.    

12 minutes ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

Anyway, per this thread - all I know is I can post on the FB SASS pages without feeling I'm walking on thin ice. The freedom/expression is better - for me. Others? YMMV and that's why we enjoy our America. I do chime in once in awhile here...obviously :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Aint that the truth Gunner!!!  Freedom of speech and fair play is honored on the FB pages.  Here one needs to be careful about how and what they say, and there seems to be different rules for different people.

Sometimes I think the Moderators are extremely kind on the S.A.S.S. Wire. They are really patient, stretch out that patience a long ways (that gray line), and finally just have to ban posters. I think they really hate to ban someone and have nightmares. I would make a lousy moderator. We are so luck to have the great moderators that we do have! Ifen this was in the Saloon, I'd have to have a toast to them :D

18 minutes ago, Tracker Jack Daniels,58780 said:

Here one needs to be careful about how and what they say, and there seems to be different rules for different people.

I have to ask, since I only been back here only for several months after taking time off to do some serious work on my farm, machinery, and get contracts for crops.

What exactly must one not say, or be careful of how its said here? What is everyone upset about? All I'm seeing is complaints about certain post, Ruger re-call, bringing matches up for post, and some other petty things. But these can be easily overcome by posting subjects rather then waiting for them to come up.

What exactly would be asked to improve the wire? All I'm reading is complaints, but no solutions.  MT

I believe I'm done with this subject as contributing further, but interested in solutions, rather then complaints.

13 hours ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

I don't think the Wire has had a mass exodus. Are there less topics posted? Yes. Are there less arguments? Yes.  The "problem" is we have less to argue about.

First off, we've had a number of previously hot topics removed by rules being changed. Rank Points vs. Total Time is probably the best example, but another example is we no longer have the penalty for picking up dropped ammo. If I spent some time thinking about it I could come up with more things we used to cuss and discuss, but the moral of the story is many of the things that the majority of people wanted to see changed eventually got changed. Most all of the dead horses have been fed to the hounds so there's nothing to fight about. 

Like them or not, WTC threads have resulted in a lot of people learning more about the rules including the nuances/clarifications of certain commonly misunderstood rules. I personally used to post way more often and many of those posts were on WTC threads. Now by the time I see a WTC thread, multiple people have replied to the thread with the CORRECT answer. People are getting edge-u-ma-cated. 

I also used to post a good deal in defense of someone who was being jumped on by what I called Wire Professionals. Typically the person being jumped on was a newbie. What a shame that was! We've all heard that it's easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar. I'm definitely in that camp and am happy to see that the Wire Professionals of today seem to be in the same camp. 

It seems to me that what is happening is the Wire is finally beginning to be SASS. It's taking on the same persona as we see at the range. I guess it's a bit boring if you're sitting at a keyboard instead of shooting, but I think that's a good thing. 

Buck D. Law:

Now there is one classy, well thought out response. 5a2aa87a40dd6_Emojipointingup.JPG.5dae78b203074e79520484e25d3f542a.JPG

Well Done Buck.

3 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Buck D. Law:

Now there is one classy, well thought out response. 5a2aa87a40dd6_Emojipointingup.JPG.5dae78b203074e79520484e25d3f542a.JPG

Well Done Buck.

Buck just likes to talk alot.......:P

FYI,

Some of my friends have sent me screen shots of posts from SASS Guns and Ammo on FB. If you think name calling and rudeness are appropriate for a family-friendly sport's forum, you will never see that here. Honest, constructive criticism is welcome here.

Please read this forum's  Guidelines https://www.sassnet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/264105-sass-forum-guidelines/ 

About "favorites," would someone please tell them who they are. Yes, I meant "them" as I know I don't have any, other than maybe Widder.  and he never acts up.

4 hours ago, Tracker Jack Daniels,58780 said:

Boomstick, I am a member of the SASS Guns and Ammo page.  I do not like how you seem to think you have the right to come here and tell outright lies about the page and the people who post there.  Every thread there has a similar thread right here on the Wire.  The only difference is that the mods over there do not play favorites, and give people the chance to have meaningful discussions.  

If you pay attention to the names of the people who post there, and know anything about Wire members, you will see many SASS members there who no longer post here.  Most of them are shooters with a great deal of knowledge and expertise along with the willingness to share that knowledge and expertise.  

It is a shame that you have decide to defame a good resource and its members!!!

I have seen screen shots of posts on that site and some are "outright lies."  Your post calling Boomstick a liar is unacceptable.

Just what I expected!  You see only selected screen shots and base your opinions upon that!  That's alright.

7 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I have seen screen shots of posts on that site and some are "outright lies."  Your post calling Boomstick a liar is unacceptable.

Maybe you haven’t seen these ones. 

To condemn a page based on a couple of screenshots is ridiculous and irresponsible. 

2705FDE5-EDB4-404A-9AD0-9F6F260F5361.jpeg

4064FCE2-5E7E-4613-A37E-2B21EF106086.jpeg

9FDE2C8E-D921-47D3-BB6A-58CC0087E8AB.jpeg

Thanks Smokestack, you stated that very well.  I don't understand this bashing of a very well run page that is an excellent resource for all SASS shooters.

1 minute ago, Tracker Jack Daniels,58780 said:

Thanks Smokestack, you stated that very well.  I don't understand this bashing of a very well run page that is an excellent resource for all SASS shooters.

She is welcome to her opinion, it would be nice though if it were an informed one. 

6 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

She is welcome to her opinion, it would be nice though if it were an informed one. 

+1

39 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Very good, Smokestack.

However, I do not know how I liked that post when I cannot access that group. Furthermore, one of the name calling posts was allowed until a group member complained.

It is not, and never has been th policy of that page to allow those things. 

I have ave no idea why you think that you likes those posts. 

8 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Notes to self:

Have a martini, you need it

Here you go my love. One Martini Rifle:D

Martini Rifle.jpg

Wow, I'm a member of both sites. I hope I won't be black balled from either one for being a traitor. (insert emoji here) :D

I enjoy both sites. Both sites can and will have differences of opinions. Both sites have good information.

The problem usually comes when a thought isn't clearly stated or perceived, or maybe read to quickly by either party. If someone starts to troll...I just back away.

As far as mass exodus... I only have so much time a day to read or respond to any site. Facebook can absorb a huge amount of time. This site can do the same thing. 

I haven't been on some other sites that I'm a member of for up to a year because of Facebook and the SASS Wire. eg. INgunowners and M1911. I just can't be every where, there's not enough time.

Allie Mo, Your doing a fine job and I appreciate you and the other moderators. 

All of these forums can become a massive time suck.  I budget a certain amount of time each day for all of them and then shut down the computer.  If there is an interesting thread on one forum that uses all of that time I just shut off the computer and skip the other forums I might follow.  There are just too many other things for me to do to spend my time sitting on my butt in front of a computer.

Haven't viewed the wire in months and then I find this topic. I got tired of the computer cowboys who haven't shot in years pontificating on subjects they know little about. I wish they would stick to subjects that they know something about like costume contests. Oh well, it is what it is. Maybe I will check back in a couple months, or maybe not.

JFN

What I have noticed is a mass exodus of many of the champion shooters expressing their opinions, technique exc.......   I also don't think we should be talking negative concerning one or two shooters who had problems in the past.  The moderators will handle this. I know, I felt the wrath:P.

I'm just here to play cowboy and have fun.

How hard can that be?

Why make things more complicated than they are?

Archived