SASS Wire Forum

2018 SASS Florida State Championship

Cassalong Hopidy

Alright Little Charlotte, back in the house.  And don't let me catch you hanging 'round any more of that South Carolina riff raff.

Edited 1 hour ago by Badlands Bob #61228

Maybe that's Scarlett.

#Scarlettmakesthebullets

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/18/2017 at 5:34 AM, Chili Pepper Jack said:

Cassalong, I am on the new side of Cowboy Action but have been to two state matches (GA, AL) and the Southeast Regional. After seeing the award ceremony at each I am going to say GA is going to be the big winner!!! I myself will just be a handicap to all of the good shooters in GA. :D but I will be pulling for all of them!! Printed the app off and will be getting it in the mail today along with my Back at Cha! Sent my Dark Day in Santa Fe in two days ago!! I love this sport and the people in it. Now I just need to decide what category I will be shooting in each match. 49er or OUTLAW?

shocked.png

47 minutes ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

Got to pull for the home team Santa Fe!! LOL

Well now OUTLAW! I think you've thrown down the gauntlet.  That is going to be a mighty tough prediction to make come true, but I'm sure some Georgia shooter (not me!) will be happy to 'cowboy up' and make it happen.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Well now OUTLAW! I think you've thrown down the gauntlet.  That is going to be a mighty tough prediction to make come true, but I'm sure some Georgia shooter (not me!) will be happy to 'cowboy up' and make it happen.

Come on Bill, lead by example.

11 hours ago, Bo Dacious said:

Come on Bill, lead by example.

I am sure Bill will bring a buckle home, or should I say he will win one and ask me to bring it home for him as I drive home empty handed! :lol::lol:

13 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

It is only a gauntlet for y'all fast guys, my job is to sit on the small bus fan the flames,  lick the windows clean and watch the fireworks!! :D

Happy New Year all.  Hope the holidays treated you well.  

Plans for the Ruckus are moving quickly now.  We are roughly half full and if attendance is anything near what it was last year in Eustis, some are going to miss out if they delay registering much longer.  We have had some nice State Champion and match Champion buckles designed by Ace Custom Buckles:

5a4beeb2e4bbc_RedHilsRuckus.buckle.2018(3).thumb.jpg.044a56d839f775589b921d6a4a3ea4da.jpg
There will be lots of buckles given out, down through 5th place.  The stages have been written, a beautiful charcoal gray t-shirt designed that all shooters will receive and caterer and bartender ready to serve us at the awards banquet.  Please join your friends at one of the biggest State Championships anywhere.  Hope to see you in April.

So....at the awards ceremony are you going to have an open bar....for free....like another recent match?  :lol:

Kajun

That was great! They announced the open bar just as it was my turn to order. A beer quickly changed to a double of bourbon for me and White Zinfandel for Sharyn. I think it took them about an hour and a half to figure out it wasn’t supposed to be an open bar. That many cowboys and cowgirls can drink an awful lot of booze in an hour and a half!

10 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Yea, I like those open bars.  The only problem is, that bunch from Kentucky seemed to monopolize all the bartender's time.

Probably the opposite:  The Bartender is trying to learn some 'things' from those Kentucky fellers..... :lol:

..........Widder

Widder

I sure hope you will come.  I have a Gunfighter coming who will give you all the heat you can stand--and I know how you like stiff competition.  That is, unless yo're askeert.  And Korrupt Karl (and Killer Bee) will be here, so you two can anoint another Jedi FD or two together.  Always a treat.

Cass

1 hour ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Got Motel room and application is on its way. Can't wait, especially with all the good things I'm hearing, and hard work being put in for a State Match. MT

Thanks, Marshal.  Look forward to seeing you.

On January 3, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Widder

I sure hope you will come.  I have a Gunfighter coming who will give you all the heat you can stand--and I know how you like stiff competition.  That is, unless yo're askeert.  And Korrupt Karl (and Killer Bee) will be here, so you two can anoint another Jedi FD or two together.  Always a treat.

Cass

Howdy Hopidy.

I appreciate the invite and like most of us, WE ALL enjoy good stiff competition.

But for various reasons, I won't be able to make it.

Money and Travel expenses put a cramp in my spring time ventures, mostly because I hope to attend the SouthWest Regional in Oklahoma in April.

But I will admit that shooting in Florida a couple years back was a real treat and I throughly enjoyed the match and the good folks in Florida.    

My travels this year will probably be limited to:  SW Regional, Black Gold, and TN State.

I don't have ESP but I have a strong feeling that the stiff competition for SR GF is gonna be multiplied by quite a few good GFer's coming.

Good luck to you.

..........Widder

2 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Hopidy.

I appreciate the invite and like most of us, WE ALL enjoy good stiff competition.

But for various reasons, I won't be able to make the IDES.

Money and Travel expenses put a cramp in my spring time ventures, mostly because I hope to attend the SouthWest Regional in Oklahoma in April.

But I will admit that shooting the IDES a couple years back was a real treat and I throughly enjoyed the match and the good folks in Florida.    

My travels this year will probably be limited to:  SW Regional, Black Gold, and TN State.

I don't have ESP but I have a strong feeling that the stiff competition for SR GF is gonna be multiplied by quite a few good GFer's coming to the IDES.

Good luck to you.

..........Widder

Ok but just so other readers don't get confused, it's not the Ides of March (Lake County Pistoleros in Eustis) I am talking about.  They did the Florida State Championship last year.  I am taking about the Red Hills Ruckus (Red Hills Rangers in Tallahassee), the 2018 SASS Florida State Championship.  And yes, we are going to have some ferocious Gunfighters and Senior Gunfighters--which categories, by the way, are open to all comers!

Anyway, have fun at the matches you are going to.

Sorri Hopidy.   

I don't know why I got those confused.

Last year, I heard you were gonna be a chief player in setting up the 2018 FL State match.   I knew you would do a great job and it will be a shooters match.

Again, best wishes.    My feeling is that those other GFer's will also have to deal with YOU.

Keep em smoking.

..........Widder

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm getting excited. The applications are coming in at an accelerated pace, and some very welcome news.  We will be privileged to have joining us my friend and many time World Champion, Lassiter. Rumor is we will get to see his gun-spinning demo.  With him, Korrupt Karl and others like Roscoe Ranger, Ohio is going to be well represented.  In another surprise development, I received an entry from Dang It Dan, one of the fastest shooters ever-who has been out of the game for more than a year now.  And I am happy to see that Fireball's participation has sparked interest among such stalwarts as Judge'm All Duncan. Come play in Florida with your friends, new and old, in April. We're gonna have some fun!!

Kay Sadeeya & I shot last Saturday at The Shootout On The Little River in Valdosta, where the temperature at the start of the match was a balmy 27 degrees Fahrenheit.  Today we shot in Cantonment with the Panhandle Cowboys, where the temperature at the start of the match was a balmy...you guessed it...27 degrees Fahrenheit.  Thankfully Mother Nature will make sure that all this frozen crap in northwest Florida will be thawed out, dry & warm by April!

On 1/13/2018 at 7:42 PM, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Well, I'm getting excited. The applications are coming in at an accelerated pace, and some very welcome news.  We will be privileged to have joining us my friend and many time World Champion, Lassiter. Rumor is we will get to see his gun-spinning demo.  With him, Korrupt Karl and others like Roscoe Ranger, Ohio is going to be well represented.  In another surprise development, I received an entry from Dang It Dan, one of the fastest shooters ever-who has been out of the game for more than a year now.  And I am happy to see that Fireball's participation has sparked interest among such stalwarts as Judge'm All Duncan. Come play in Florida with your friends, new and old, in April. We're gonna have some fun!!

Well now....that's news right there!  Crackers will have all hands on deck now!!

Kajun

On 1/13/2018 at 7:42 PM, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Well actually Cassalong I have been out for two years now.  And besides, if Fireball is gonna shoot (finally) it's the least I can do......the very least :).  

11 hours ago, Dang It Dan 13202 said:

Well actually Cassalong I have been out for two years now.  And besides, if Fireball is gonna shoot (finally) it's the least I can do......the very least :).  

The Legendary FireBall, Dang it Dan, Lassiter, Hopidy, and probably a handful of other great GFer's will make this match look like a Royal Rumble World Title bout.

I wish ALL of you a great and errorless match.

May The FORCE be with you.

..........Widder

16 hours ago, Dang It Dan 13202 said:

Wow.  How time flies.  I just appreciate the fact that you're coming.  Look forward to seeing you.  Maybe we can get you and Fireball on the same posse but no promises cause you're both very popular fellows.

4 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

The Legendary FireBall, Dang it Dan, Lassiter, Hopidy, and probably a handful of other great GFer's will make this match look like a Royal Rumble World Title bout.

I wish ALL of you a great and errorless match.

May The FORCE be with you.

..........Widder

Thanks Widder.  I am sure going to miss having you as part of the luminaries.

11 minutes ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Wow.  How time flies.  I just appreciate the fact that you're coming.  Look forward to seeing you.  Maybe we can get you and Fireball on the same posse but no promises cause you're both very popular fellows.

Thanks Widder.  I am sure going to miss having you as part of the luminaries.

Hopidy,

I been called lots of things in my life, but one of them 'Lumins' ain't one..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

37 minutes ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

Come on down Nimblesob!

Stan

I'm skeert I'll get a dog whoopin by everybody..... ;)

Actually, a trip down South would do me good but $$ and other plans (house fix up) is keeping me tied up for a couple more months.

Would love to see everyone and especially shoot with some of the BEST GFer's on the planet.

I'm still a 'Nimblesob' so don't relax.   We may meet again at another fun, fast and furious side match event..... :D

..........Widder

• 3 weeks later...

With fewer than 30 days left to register, we are closing quickly on 3/4ths full with nearly 150 shooters.  It looks like we will probably fill up before the March 1 deadline, so please get your entry in soon if you plan to come.  Based on the "posse with" requests there are a number of you whom your already registered pards are expecting to see here in April.  I am pleased that we already have 13 states represented so the State Team Match should be lively.

We have some nice T-shirts and beautiful buckles in production and some pretty plaques coming for mini- and side matches, the costume contest and more.  On that note we are going 5 deep in Main Match awards and currently have shooters in 37 categories so your chances are good.

Korrupt Karl will be there to help me hand them out at the Saturday evening awards banquet-if you don't know him you need to come just to meet him.  The same goes for Fireball for that matter and any number of other competitors. Check out The Who's in list on the RHR Website here: https://redhillsrangers.com.    Lassiter is going to entertain us with his gunspinning skills (and probably administer some humbling lessons to fellow Gunfighters during the match)..  Side matches offer something for everyone-Wild Bunch, Black Powder, speed matches, Warm Up, long range and cowboy clays.  And you can get in a RO1 class the night before with Deadly Sharpshooter and Shamrock Sadie-with the new Shooter Handbook recently released, there's not a better time.

Hope you'll be there.  We'll do our best to,make it a match you will want to remember.

Cass

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Widder

I sure hope you will come.  I have a Gunfighter coming who will give you all the heat you can stand--and I know how you like stiff competition.  

Cass

I remember, and it seems not so long ago watching Cassalong at his first match and was all thumbs. In a short time he has progressed, and will give Gunfighters also all the heat. Been lucky to watch his progression by being many times on his posse. Be aware, he's that good. This is one category that I will be watching for the outcome with the best of the best shooting it. MT

On 12/6/2017 at 4:31 PM, Fireball #7709 Life said:

I've planning to come out of semi-retirement and shoot this match.  There's guaranteed to be Freestyle!!(someones gotta entertain the spotters! :P )

My hubby and I are new and we just volunteered as staff support and spotters for our 1st ever Annual local match. It was a great experience and we learned lots. We're talking about driving up in April so if we don't have gear by then, we'll spot you and expect a darn fine show Fireball! 

3 hours ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

Thanks for the kind words, Marshal.

Kind words, Ha.  I'm bringing Monkey Dust and my last chicken foot for you Cass.  I'm planning on beating you with your own rifle.

Looking forward to it.  Winter is just too long around here.

Badlands Bob 

Archived