SASS Wire Forum

Help! How can we make the Wire represent SASS.

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

20 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Someone has politely suggested moving the Welcomes to the FAQ section. Someone else alluded to their inappropriateness on the Wire. If I moved them to the FAQ forum or the Saloon, I would want to pin a thread such as the following: NEW SHOOTERS, PLEASE READ THE FAQ (or Saloon) FORUM. Then I would give a link. It would be pinned long term.

Many years ago I was a new shooter, too.  I so enjoyed those first contacts we made at matches as we joined in.  Eventually I was ready to reach out to many more contacts and decided to say howdy on a wire forum - but which one?  I was unsure since just saying howdy didn't exactly seem to fit in the description of either the wire or the saloon.  I think I finally posted in the saloon where the overall mood seemed much more jovial and welcoming.  You see, I read both forums daily trying to gather all the info I could about this new hobby I was so excited about.  I also saw how a new shooter was welcomed with open arms by all, but in a matter of weeks was lambasted for asking a question that was asked possibly one year prior....and a year before that, and a year before that.  Sorry, but as a new shooter one does know the history behind those snarky or haughty responses.  Simply scroll on if you don't like the topic.

Enough of the background, welcoming a new shooter should not become a bone of contention ever - no matter the forum they ventured into.  If SASS is to grow and sustain membership we need to allow the use of all our forums.  This does not mean we can't provide some helpful directions to guide a lost shooter to the wire or whatever forum is the preferred camp to assist them.  Short of establishing a new forum for the express purpose of introducing yourself and getting a "welcome to the camp, ask me all your newbie questions" I think new shooters will use whatever forum they feel comfortable with.

Last of all, when addressing anyone on any forum we all need to remember these words from Woodrow Call, “I hate rude behavior in a man. I won’t tolerate it.”

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Black Hills Barb said:

Many years ago I was a new shooter, too.  I so enjoyed those first contacts we made at matches as we joined in.  Eventually I was ready to reach out to many more contacts and decided to say howdy on a wire forum - but which one?  I was unsure since just saying howdy didn't exactly seem to fit in the description of either the wire or the saloon.  I think I finally posted in the saloon where the overall mood seemed much more jovial and welcoming.  You see, I read both forums daily trying to gather all the info I could about this new hobby I was so excited about.  I also saw how a new shooter was welcomed with open arms by all, but in a matter of weeks was lambasted for asking a question that was asked possibly one year prior....and a year before that, and a year before that.  Sorry, but as a new shooter one does know the history behind those snarky or haughty responses.  Simply scroll on if you don't like the topic.

Enough of the background, welcoming a new shooter should not become a bone of contention ever - no matter the forum they ventured into.  If SASS is to grow and sustain membership we need to allow the use of all our forums.  This does not mean we can't provide some helpful directions to guide a lost shooter to the wire or whatever forum is the preferred camp to assist them.  Short of establishing a new forum for the express purpose of introducing yourself and getting a "welcome to the camp, ask me all your newbie questions" I think new shooters will use whatever forum they feel comfortable with.

Last of all, when addressing anyone on any forum we all need to remember these words from Woodrow Call, “I hate rude behavior in a man. I won’t tolerate it.”

Barb: + 5a26d54aafe6f_InfinityRopeHorseshoeTatoo-RESIZED.jpg.b817cb4c3b6772b294d4847f503d9650.jpg

I too have seen this on numerous occasions. The fact that you know the answer, or where the answer lies, doesn't mean that you should chastise the person asking the question. If you reference a link (and provide said link in your POST) , or provide a resource, that's fine; however, merely not giving the answer is not the answer.

Barb and Kit,

That type of rudeness is really the most important part of this thread.  Rudeness and insults, IMO, are a much bigger problem than posting in the wrong forum.

The best solution is Reporting the rude posts. That way, one of the Moderators can talk to the person and track their offences.

Regards,

Allie

17 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

I think the complaints you’re hearing are from the vocal minority. Don’t let them get to you.

I believe welcomes most definitely belong on the Wire because that’s where most people first come for info. To complain that the Wire isn’t SASS and then in the next breath complain about welcoming people is hypocritical at best.

I agree with the non-SASS gun and ammo threads being moved elsewhere or just plain deleted. There are any number of other sources to find that info. The SASS Wire should be dedicated to SASS related topics. 

Agree with what Shooting Bull said. I think the SASS Wire is great. There is a wealth of information on the wire about guns, ammo, reloading, shooting techniques, rules, what's the call, etc. You are doing a good job and it does represent SASS.

22 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Please offer your suggestions for achieving that goal here

Hi Allie,

In response to the title of your topic,  I don’t know that you can or should.  I really don’t know quite what you mean by making the Wire ‘represent’ SASS.

As for the “Welcomes” I think it’s a nice gesture but if all the current active topics are getting pushed off the front page, then I would say there’s too many.  Perhaps there should be some limit to how many of them are on the 1st page at any time and how long they stay there before being moved elsewhere.

As an alternative to the Welcome post perhaps you could follow Father Kit’s example and just send the newcomer a PM on behalf of everyone and if they should decide to post an introduction, we can welcome them via that topic.  If the newcomer decides not to… Well, Ok then.

I was particularly impressed with Father Kit’s PMs to the newcomers.

#5:  Only you can determine whether you have failed but more likely, you have just discovered one more way not to make a light bulb.

#6:  I have found the Wire to be a right friendly place already.  Things will go “sideways” at times but that’s where your moderating talents come in and I think you all are doing a fine job with that.

#7:  I am not clear on what the “goal” really is so I’ll fall back on a couple of moldy oldie truisms:  You can’t please everyone and Someone will always find something to complain about.

I have been involved with the Wire for over 15 years.  In that time the Wire has always been about shooting, including topics involving modern guns.  The Saloon was for socializing, which in my mind includes welcoming new shooters.  I know this is not the way they are defined on the Forums page, but it is the way they have been used for many years.

I think where topics go kind of takes care of itself, and moderators are really needed to curtail rude or unwanted behavior.

These are just my thoughts and observations, and I freely admit that SASS and the moderators can determine how the Wire and all it's forums are used.  Thanks to all of them for doing a thankless job.

Hope this helps,

Smoke

1 hour ago, CodyMaverick said:

Hi Allie,

In response to the title of your topic,  I don’t know that you can or should.  I really don’t know quite what you mean by making the Wire ‘represent’ SASS.

There's an old cliché that goes, "The Wire ain't SASS and SASS ain't The Wire".  This stems from the two entirely different ways people/subjects are sometimes treated.  When face to face at a SASS match, these are the nicest people on the planet.  Conversations can get lively, but I've never heard of them getting out of hand.  On the other hand, conversations on The Wire have gotten so ugly they've had to be shut down and people sent to their corners to cool off. I believe this thread is an effort to get people on The Wire to act more like they do when they're at a match.

9 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

I believe this thread is an effort to get people on The Wire to act more like they do when they're at a match.

+1

24 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

There's an old cliché that goes, "The Wire ain't SASS and SASS ain't The Wire".  This stems from the two entirely different ways people/subjects are sometimes treated.  When face to face at a SASS match, these are the nicest people on the planet.  Conversations can get lively, but I've never heard of them getting out of hand.  On the other hand, conversations on The Wire have gotten so ugly they've had to be shut down and people sent to their corners to cool off. I believe this thread is an effort to get people on The Wire to act more like they do when they're at a match.

Bull:

Well Said.

I reckon I'll reply.. :blink: Just may not be helpful..

Me.. Like someone else posted..  seldom go to the saloon..

I'd miss a lot of stuff if it was moved over there.. :blink:

I usually just click on the ol' wire.. 

Do I read every topic?? Nope :mellow: some I have no interest in..

Off topic discussions? I think I've seen some concealed carry gun questions

go on for a couple pages or more.. They weren't SASS but.. I'm ok with that..:huh: 

They were interesting... AND

"I trust the judgement and knowledge givin' out by my fellow cowpokes.." more

than a lot of other folks..  

I didn't know them from a load of hay nor they me..

but.. They've helped me out tremendously.. This ol' wire has vast knowledge 

to share.. There are very reputable posters on here that I trust..

Posting new members and welcoming them.. :mellow:

can't say I have a problem with it..

Just seems there's been a bunch lately.. That's ok..

I've skipped over some.. Sorry new members..:blink:

I reckon I didn't think anything was broke..:blink: 

but maybe it is.. Don't think so tho.. But.. That's my thinkin only..

Rance ;) 

Thinkin' some of us ol' farts hate change:rolleyes: that's me..;)

Emoticans?? They're a good thing to use to show temperment.. :D

Most newbies as I once was the Wire was the really the first face.  I would encourage the welcomes to continue there.  Many will skip over them, but to me just seeing the welcomes makes me feel good that SASS is still attracting people. 

Some questions get asked that are seemingly redundant.  While true sometimes, if it not something your interested in skip.  Me if I can I will answer themsame question over and over.  It is like getting a new batch of students.  Ask and answer you encourage IMHO.

7 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

I believe this thread is an effort to get people on The Wire to act more like they do when they're at a match.

I suspected as much but wasn't sure.

It is certainly an admirable and ambitious goal but one with a very low potential for achievement.  It does seem that some folks who are very polite and courteous in person will put something in print that sounds uncharacteristically harsh or rude.

I'm quite the opposite in that regard,  I am much more likely to blurt out a spontaneous rude remark as a product of what ever stress or irritation I'm feeling at the moment.  In print, I take the time to choose and edit my comments more carefully.  As Randy Saint Eagle mentioned; I too, will write something and then delete it after re-reading it.

8 minutes ago, LostVaquero said:

Most newbies as I once was the Wire was the really the first face.  I would encourage the welcomes to continue there.  Many will skip over them, but to me just seeing the welcomes makes me feel good that SASS is still attracting people. 

Some questions get asked that are seemingly redundant.  While true sometimes, if it not something your interested in skip.  Me if I can I will answer themsame question over and over.  It is like getting a new batch of students.  Ask and answer you encourage IMHO.

Well said,

I'd like to add that while there are some that are always or at least frequently here on the wire.  Others come and go.  Asking the same question can bring some in additional insights from folks that were not online the last time(s) it was asked.

I need to learn how to search this forum better.  It's time to consult the oracle,  Oh Father Kit!  where are you?

9 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

That's because there is no sarcasm font or any other way to convey the non-verbal part of the conversation. When you type you may mean one thing but when your thoughts are read that intent may not be sensed the same way as you intended because the non-verbal cues are missing.

My 10 cents

First this is an excellent forum because it is kept civil. Thank you moderators for this.

Get rid of all the sub forums. There are not enough forums here to require them. Every forum should be accessible via one click from a common page.

Now condense the description of each forum to ONE sentence. Having all the do's and don'ts one the main page just clutters it and makes for a poor user interface. Besides all that verbage is duplicated at the top of every page. And should really be pinned to the top of each forum.

Now arrange the different forums in a semi-logical order.  The FAQ should be at the top followed by the Merchant Corner. The merchants are paying to use this space they deserve to be towards the top. Then the Events section.  Then a Welcome to SASS forum. Then the rest as you see fit.

The FAQ should be just that How do I perform some task specific to using the forums. Ie Change my alias, Add my location, Report a post. How to search the forum. Most of what is here should be pinned. New discussions will need to be evaluated and pinned as needed. The

Reorg the Events wire so that upcoming events are pinned to the top in event order. No event should be listed more than 12 months in advance. Once the event has occurred un-pin it and let it move up and down like any other post. Then let the pat on  the backs for winning, Discussions about the match and so on move up and down based on the last post. Yes pinning the upcoming matches in order is a little work but it would make it more user friendly. All discussions of SASS sanctioned matches should be posted here as well as all other match specific posts.

Create a welcome to SASS section with the asked and answered 1000 times topics pinned. For example John Boy's reloading reference link. How to locate the handbooks, Links to resources like Capt Baylor's BP for Dummies. The rules should be re-written so that they are clear and easy to understand.

Now the wire is for discussions about SASS. Events, Welcomes, Pats on the back for winning a match / category, and off topic posts get moved to their respective forums. Discussions about which firearm is the best,  how do I fix this problem with my firearm, and most other topics that are already there remain.

The Saloon is the Saloon Works just fine as it is. If a topic would be better served in another forum someone will alert the moderators.

Same for TEAM SASS

Put a link to the WB forums at the bottom along with a how to register.

Doing  this little bit will help people find the forum they need. Almost every forum will appear on the screen of a PC without scrolling, Scrolling and scrolling on your phone to get to the forum you are interested it will get a lot easier.

It will not eliminate the snarkieness that sometime arises from the same question asked a million times but a better arrangement would make it a lot easier for people to find the info they desire.

38 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Thaat's because there is no sarcasm font or any other way to convey the non-verbal part of the conversation. When you type you may mean one thing but when your thoughts are read that intent may be sensed the same way as you intended because the non-verbal cues are missing.

Check out the emoticons. There are many. A wink or a smile means you are just joshing.

Or you could do, <sarcasm mode on>

Or Google kitties, such as winking kitty. hugging kitty... I just used those two yesterday.

PS Interesting suggestions.

2 hours ago, CodyMaverick said:

Well said,

I'd like to add that while there are some that are always or at least frequently here on the wire.  Others come and go.  Asking the same question can bring some in additional insights from folks that were not online the last time(s) it was asked.

I need to learn how to search this forum better.  It's time to consult the oracle,  Oh Father Kit!  where are you?

Codymaverick:

See the new POST I just entered in the F.A.Q. Forum titled:

5a277be48395d_WaystoSearchtheForums.JPG.7f2e26d533fb825f7416f78893dea498.JPG

I must be the only person that uses "Unread Content."  I don't go specifically to the Wire or Saloon to see recent posts.  I click on "Read Status" and change to "Everything" which then shows me all the posts so I can choose which ones to read or not read.

59 minutes ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

I must be the only person that uses "Unread Content."  I don't go specifically to the Wire or Saloon to see recent posts.  I click on "Read Status" and change to "Everything" which then shows me all the posts so I can choose which ones to read or not read.

You are not alone, I do that too.  We could have 1 big forum/category or 5000 and it really wouldn't matter to me. Except for the classifieds, I do like a seperate area for those so I can subscribe and get notified when a new topic is created.

16 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Bull:

Well Said.

+1

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

You are not alone, I do that too.  We could have 1 big forum/category or 5000 and it really wouldn't matter to me. Except for the classifieds, I do like a seperate area for those so I can subscribe and get notified when a new topic is created.

3 hours ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

That's how I've been doin it for quite some time, and it's real easy to skip the ones you're not interested in.

Howdy,

First off, think fine tuning please.

NOT total remodeling.

And why hasn't the wtc either been activated and used or just deleted?

Why have it sit there month after month?

And if you(or we) try something and it doesn't work, just delete it and

try something else.  And we all will be a little wiser.

It seems like the search function has become more complicated, 

Im not sure why.  I do searches with no or little results.

Search used to be very helpful.

Well time to do Wednesday stuff.

Best

CR

10 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

..... previous text removed ONLY to 5a2804897ca16_SavethePlanet-RESIZED.jpg.ab807cae7dc8ebf8727c30e454374134.jpg.

It seems like the search function has become more complicated, 

Im not sure why.  I do searches with no or little results.

Search used to be very helpful.

Well time to do Wednesday stuff.

Best

CR

Chili Ron:

Give me something you were looking for in the Forums, as a challenge, and see if I can find it for you. :ph34r:

I'll publish the results either way. :blush: or :P

7 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Give me something you were looking for in the Forums, as a challenge, and see if I can find it for you. :ph34r:

I'll publish the results either way. :blush: or :P

Maybe it's just the hillbilly in me but I can't find and easy 1.  2.  3. way to post photos:wacko: I've got a couple of guns I want to sell. I've tried jpg from my computer but it won't take:( If have to use photo web site just tell me, and if you can suggest a  safe  web site to use. It's been a long time since I was at a place like Photo Bucket so please include that in 1. 2. 3. 4.  I've searched in Wire, FAQ and Classified, I almost find something then the thread starts to wander. I'm sure it's right in front of but I just can't see it:blink:

All and all a great forum run by great moderators.  No real complaints.

I often browse threads by "unread" and do not pay attention to the subforum until I need to start a new thread/question myself.  Things being out of place or non-SASS do not bother me.  Again not complaining, but I do prefer titles of threads to be as descriptive as possible.  Incomplete sentences that require clicking on the thread to finish reading or misleading titles are a pet peeve of mine and not something I expect the forum or administrators to fix.  

First suggestion.  I consider myself a fairly experienced handloader, but I am new to SASS and have had reloading questions specific to SASS that do not get answered publicly, meaning the next person with the same question will have to start a new thread and then rely on PMs.  I understand that the Wire does not want any liability with reloads, but I could see a benefit to a reloading sub-forum that can only be viewed by signed in members as a valuable addition to the forum.  Just a suggestion and I won't be offended if it is not taken.

Second suggestion.  Within the classifieds have separate WTB/WTT and WTS forums.  Gets a little confusing trying to figure out if someone is selling or looking to buy with the current classifieds setup.   Again just a suggestion.

25 minutes ago, Jefro, SASS#69420 said:

Maybe it's just the hillbilly in me but I can't find and easy 1.  2.  3. way to post photos:wacko: I've got a couple of guns I want to sell. I've tried jpg from my computer but it won't take:( If have to use photo web site just tell me, and if you can suggest a  safe  web site to use. It's been a long time since I was at a place like Photo Bucket so please include that in 1. 2. 3. 4.  I've searched in Wire, FAQ and Classified, I almost find something then the thread starts to wander. I'm sure it's right in front of but I just can't see it:blink:

Jeffro--- You should be able to click on the paper clip "choose files" at the bottom and then just pick the photo off your computer to attach to your post. On this reply that option is at the bottom left in the blue section. I think it is in the same place on "New topic posts"

1 hour ago, Jefro, SASS#69420 said:

Jefro:

Eyesa Horg has the correct answer.

All I can add to your POST is DO NOT USE PHOTOBUCKET, or any other 3rd Party Website unless you are sure they will not come back at some time and ransom your pictures unless you apply and pay for a membership.

A lot of us on the WIRE got caught doing that exact same thing and the result is, any past POST where we used a PHOTOBUCKET picture appeared on the THREAD as:  5a281cf365b79_PHOTOBUCKETRansomIcon.JPG.ea7e6259730506f50f093512580cf26b.JPG.

Thanks fellers........I told ya it was gonna be right in front of me:wacko:. I think I had the file open when I tried earlier. I know I'm getting old, look what was waiting for me this morning in a couple of tall live oaks at the edge of the marsh:o. There are several more in there but the other tress were blocking them. Maybe it's payback:unsure:

Jefro:ph34r:Relax-Enjoy

Turkey + Buzzards 010.jpg

Turkey + Buzzards 011.jpg

Turkey + Buzzards 006.jpg

How does one make the wire represent SASS, talk about SASS stuff. New shooters are SASS, WTC is SASS, Shooting Events are SASS. SASS guns are SASS.

What isn't SASS, questions regarding Wild Bunch shooting (they have their own forum), folks that insult others, keyboard bullies that have not shot for years and must post something on ever topic are a turn off. Modern gun stuff should probably be elsewhere. 

What I really like to read is what other match directors are doing, what kind of matches do people like, what kind of scenarios shooters like, different ways of doing things in general. I also believe the Wire is a place for members to share grievances about SASS, it's a way for us all to get the word out to the WB that we, not just a couple vocal individuals, aren't happy about certain things; total time scoring, picking up dropped ammo, a single rule book. It's our voice and the WB does follow the Wire although they are lurkers. 

I'd be willing to bet there are a whole bunch of "lurkers" that follow the wire and seldom post, I'd sure enjoy hearing their opinions.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:54 PM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hi Folks,

The following are some questions for you, as SASS Wire users, and others are my comments as a Moderator.

1. Someone has politely suggested moving the Welcomes to the FAQ section. Someone else alluded to their inappropriateness on the Wire. If I moved them to the FAQ forum or the Saloon, I would want to pin a thread such as the following: NEW SHOOTERS, PLEASE READ THE FAQ (or Saloon) FORUM. Then I would give a link. It would be pinned long term.
  2. Some have complained about non-SASS gun and ammo threads being allowed on the Wire. I recently moved one, about intra-state travel to the Team SASS forum and one about a non-SASS gun's ammo to the Saloon.  Is that what you think should be done.
  3. Reports are an easy way to make your thoughts known to the Moderators. They are very helpful to us. For example, a poster may report a double tap and ask for its removal or a post in the wrong forum and request it be moved. Even more helpful, are those people who see something they think is rude or insulting. To me, keeping those out of the forum are my number one priority.
  4. The Moderators do not read every post/thread. I've ignored threads in the past as I thought the subject was not controversial only to have it go "sideways" and get insulting.
  5. Since I first became the Administrator, I've hated the idea that the "Wire isn't SASS and SASS isn't the Wire." My goal, which I have frequently stated, is to change that. It seems that I've failed.
  6. The point of this post is to ask your help in making the Wire a more friendly place.
  7. Please offer your suggestions for achieving that goal here.

Thank you,

Allie Mo

1) The Wire is where I've always hung out.  I wouldn't like to see welcomes moved, because I would likely not see them and wouldn't have the opportunity to post a welcome if I felt like it.

2) Like some others, I've posted and replied on non SASS posts on the Wire.  Where else do you have a large group of folks with this much experience that you can feel good about listening to?  Like my post about water beds many years ago, once the questions are answered, the post quickly makes it way off the 1st page and into oblivion.(yes, there were one or two "pards" that posted what's this doing here, even then)  I could care less about the WTC posts, but I manage to just scroll by just fine and they seem to sort themselves out too.  There may be one or two posts at any given time on the first page that aren't directly SASS related, is that really some kind of problem?  I don't think so.  People complained that there were too many "congrats" posts after a big match?!  If that doesn't exemplify "people will complain about anything", I don't know what does.  Seriously, people lifting other folks up with positive remarks, posts and congrats after a major match?  What could be "more positive"?!  And those posts don't really last that long.  GOFWG was to me one of the stupidest threads, people posting on it just to get it back to the top, I managed to survive by just letting those boys have their fun and I scrolled by...maybe folks need to scroll by more often?

5) I'd offer a different perspective.  The Wire is SASS and SASS is the Wire.  With the exception of the occasional troll, the outspoken folks on the Wire are often the same in person.  I've been around long enough to meet a lot of folks on the Wire in person and shoot with them.  If you've taken any time to get to know them, you often find they're really not that different in person.(how could they be?)  The problem is, I believe people tend to be more thoughtful to different perspectives and new ideas in person, the ability to respond quickly without thought is one of the webs downsides and leads to much of the conflict.  Folks also tend to shoot with the same group, so the perception is there is no conflict at matches, make a point to shoot on a completely "unknown to you" possee and you will see all manner of new things that may change that perspective.  SASS is the Wire; like it or not, there is a limited amount of guests that hang around for very long.  If you are a member and on the Wire....you are making "the Wire SASS". 

6) I don't believe its an unfriendly place.  Perhaps you hear about this issue a lot as Moderator and as such it's starts to become a perceived issue?  Lets not go so far in the other direction that people become afraid to offer a dissenting opinion.  There are always a vocal few that want something changed, lets not let the minority dictate we fix something that isn't broken, because, I don't think anything here is.

10 hours ago, Assassin said:

How does one make the wire represent SASS, talk about SASS stuff. New shooters are SASS, WTC is SASS, Shooting Events are SASS. SASS guns are SASS.

What isn't SASS, questions regarding Wild Bunch shooting (they have their own forum), folks that insult others, keyboard bullies that have not shot for years and must post something on ever topic are a turn off. Modern gun stuff should probably be elsewhere. 

What I really like to read is what other match directors are doing, what kind of matches do people like, what kind of scenarios shooters like, different ways of doing things in general. I also believe the Wire is a place for members to share grievances about SASS, it's a way for us all to get the word out to the WB that we, not just a couple vocal individuals, aren't happy about certain things; total time scoring, picking up dropped ammo, a single rule book. It's our voice and the WB does follow the Wire although they are lurkers. 

I'd be willing to bet there are a whole bunch of "lurkers" that follow the wire and seldom post, I'd sure enjoy hearing their opinions.

Assassin:

Another WELL SAID POST. 5a29464974ae6_ThumbsUp-EmojiFINAL.jpg.9c2197f57801d8600db60b2633346d67.jpg

1 hour ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

Folks also tend to shoot with the same group, so the perception is there is no conflict at matches, make a point to shoot on a completely "unknown to you" possee and you will see all manner of new things that may change that perspective.

Yep, this can alota fun.......put on the app "the fun posse" and see what happens;)

6) I don't believe its an unfriendly place.  Perhaps you hear about this issue a lot as Moderator and as such it's starts to become a perceived issue?  Lets not go so far in the other direction that people become afraid to offer a dissenting opinion.  There are always a vocal few that want something changed, lets not let the minority dictate we fix something that isn't broken, because, I don't think anything here is.

Ta Daaaa!!:D

IMHO posting on a computer board is much like taking the floor at a committee meeting: it's a Public Appearance.    Keeping this in mind I try to just say whatever it is I have to say and think of it as addressed to ALL the readers.   I think this is particularly important when there is a post in a thread that isn't quite up to what we view as Good Netiquette.   

Archived