SASS Wire Forum

National Reciprocity news

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

Great news .

I was writing letters and making phone calls .

Rooster 

21 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Of course, CA will ignore it.

Only for its US citizens.

Illegals will be free to act as they please without recourse.

Here is some updat info .

I received from MRCGO today.

MCRGO's Board of Directors has approved the following position regarding the National Reciprocity legislation in Congress:

The Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners (MCRGO) supports the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 in the United States Congress and we call on Michigan Senators Debbie Stabenow and Gary Peters to vote in favor of its passage in the United States Senate.

This legislation is the the single most effective development to ensure personal and family protection of self-defense rights in modern American history. The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act is the culmination of a 30-year movement recognizing the right of all law-abiding Americans to defend themselves, and their loved ones, including when they cross state lines.

The bill, H.R. 38, ensures that those Americans who can legally carry a concealed firearm in Michigan will legally be able to do so in every other state. It eliminates the confusing patchwork of state laws that have ensnared otherwise law-abiding gun owners, and have forced law enforcement to waste their precious time and resources enforcing laws that don't do anything to reduce violent crime.

The bill also makes improvements to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, NICS. All Americans, including law-abiding gun owners, agree that violent criminals should not have legal access to firearms. However, the system is only as good as its records, and recent events have shown that sometimes the correct information is not entered into the system. This bill incentivizes states and government agencies to update the NICS with legitimate records of prohibited persons. Additionally, the bill creates an expedited process for removing records that are erroneously put in the system. Currently, when a person discovers they have been wrongly added to the NICS, it can take two years to get their name removed. This bill requires a response to an appeal within 60 days.
MCRGO thanks NRA-ILA for its three decades of leadership toward achieving full national reciprocity.

Rooster 
43 minutes ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

National Reciprocity is probably dead with the Jones win in Alabama.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Let's keep hope for now !

Rooster 

This is NOT a "one and done" battle!!  If we hound, badger, shout and scream, and continually threaten our representatives both in the house and senate the way that LGBT and illegal emigrants do, we can accomplish this task!!  Just keep raising the level of protest and noise and activity and we can shout down even the lame assed mainstream media!!!!

Quitting is NOT an option and failure is NEVER to be considered!! 

I just sent BOTh of my senate representatives another round of letters and phone calls!!  Even that sorry Bob Corker, a probable turncoat to the cause, is NOT immune to pressure!!  I'll double down on him in the next few weeks!  You ALL should do the same!!

I wrote my senators a few days ago urging them to vote to pass this legislation.  I don't expect that my writing them will do much good considering who they are, but I'm going to keep plugging away at it.

I am unlucky enough to have Chuck Schumer and his puppet for Senators.  I will call them but it is like banging my head against a wall.  smiley-bangheadonwall.gif

Archived