SASS Wire Forum

Chronical

Fargo Bill, SASS #4942

3 hours ago, Fargo Bill, SASS #4942 said:

Where is my Chronical?  Did I fall asleep over my Laptop and erase it?  I am totally uninformed at this point in time.  

What's a Chronical?

On 11/29/2017 at 10:26 AM, Dutch Wheeler said:

HEY, HEY, Fargo Bill, you can always access them anytime on-line from here:  Cowboy Chronicle Archives

Dutch

OH my.  Chalk up another for me.   Thanks

Not to change the subject... but....

Just out of curiosity how many folks have kind of given up on the CC since it went digital??  I still go over the printed version quarterly, but the digital version, well not so much.

1 hour ago, Noah Cash said:

Just out of curiosity how many folks have kind of given up on the CC since it went digital??  I still go over the printed version quarterly, but the digital version, well not so much.

I read each monthly Chronicle, I think SASS did what they had to do when they went digital. Sign of the times, I used to have 3 newspapers delivered to my house and read them all and don’t have any delivered now and don’t miss it a bit. The San Diego Union Tribune delivers a Sunday paper free of charge but I haven’t opened it up in years. It gets used to start the fireplace with or something else.

15 hours ago, Noah Cash said:

I'm in your court Noah, I read the paper copy cover to cover, but just can't sit at the PC and stare at the digital version. Not sure I'm clear on the cost to print however--- I also belong to NMLRA and get a nice mag (Muzzle Blasts ) every month on shiny paper and thicker than the Chronicle and membership is half the cost give or take! If they can do it-seems SASS could. Then I'd have something to leave in Doctors offices etc. for others to enjoy and maybe become part of. JMHO

16 hours ago, Noah Cash said:

I am an on line kind of guy.   I rarely read printed books any more.  I suspect a lot of us are the same.  I read the Chronicle every month.  What it doesn't do is gather dust on my covfefe table. 

I know that computers for some are hateful and some would like to use them in a shooting sequence at a match but the digital version is nice in respect to what Bart Solo replied. Also if you are so inclined when reading online and you want to check out a website on some page if you click on it you are transferred to the website.

16 hours ago, Noah Cash said:

Call me "old fashioned" but I like paper. I will look at the on-line Chronicle and scan it for anything of interest and move on, but when the Quarterly paper copy comes I pretty much read it cover to cover. One thing I do miss are the more technical articles on gunsmithing, leather work, building carts, etc...

I think the format they have going now is a pretty good compromise. You get the paper one 4 times a year, similar to my guns of the old west subscription, and the electronic version every month. I like the electronic version because I can click on the links to get to something immediately and not have to remember it later. I also don’t feel bad skipping over stuff like the comics or political pieces, whereas I tend to read the paper one cover to cover. So basically, we get the best of both worlds. 

Got my electronic version in the email RIGHT on schedule - this morning!

Format - shucks, boys I read 'em both.   Two  eyes, one for newsprint, one for screens., donchaknow?

Good luck, GJ

1 hour ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Got my electronic version in the email RIGHT on schedule - this morning!

Format - shucks, boys I read 'em both.   Two  eyes, one for newsprint, one for screens., donchaknow?

Good luck, GJ

But did you start reading them before or after you was on the darn cover? 

If one were to look under advertising information in the CC 2018, it now shows that the CC comes out 4 times per year. 

My dream told me the digital version is dead!

i enjoy the hard copy i get when i get it but seldom check the digital , i most likely would if i had more free time , we get no hard newspapers anymore except those coupon things , since my vision started getting less quality i find the newsprint less fun , i watch my news and do check digital , i still read books tho , 

life is changing and some things i miss others i dont , looking back on life now i see that changes were constantly happening just slow enough we adjusted , at this point it seems they are happening way too fast , the darn phones change once a year or more often , and they arent even phones anymore really , who talks besides me ? most text now 

My issue with the digital copy is I browse it when first downloaded and that's about it. The paper copy sits on the table next to my chair and gets picked up and read during TV commercial breaks. Then eventually left at an Doctors office etc. for others to peruse. And in response to Gold Canyon Kid above, I don't read the comics!

Also, if other organizations/clubs I belong to can publish a monthly that is twice as thick and at half the dues cost, I figure SASS ought to be able to as well. No offense meant to SASS as I love 'em, but hey!

Archived